Does this Pats fan make sense? 🤔 I HATE to admit I agree with him.

StHustle

So much cope out of Pats fans.

F$&# every single one of them and their butthurt feelings.

Bills are one of the most, if not THE most, relevant team in the NFL. And even if we went undefeated, I'd smile bigger if/when the Pats suck too.

F$&# the Pats, F$&# their fans, I dont care one bit what they think of us or us gloating over their demise.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, julian said:

The entire Pats dynasty was in part due to the horrible division and lack of any other QB to challenge Brady… I doubt it feels hollow to most of that fan base

There is some truth to this but I still think Brady and the Pats would have had similar success even with better QBs/coaches in the division from 2001 - 2019 simply because 6 world titles and nearly 20 division titles aren't a fluke no matter which way you slice it.

37 minutes ago, StHustle said:

So late last night I was doing my daily YouTube check for some new good Bills content and came across a video entitled "Buffalo Bills As Irrelevant on the National Stage As They've Ever Been, And It's Their Own Fault"

Now usually I would blow past some nonsense click bait such as this, but I had a few drinks and felt like talking ***** to my TV so I played it. Wow did I end up unhappy. The guy made several valid points Im forced to agree with. I was taken back to my initial feelings when Tom left the Patriots, of how pissed I was he was really leaving with that record he has against us set in stone. I knew their was no way to get the record to respectable numbers at that point but was hoping to at least defeat him in a playoff game (or something!) before he went packing. I knew the Pats wouldn't be much without him and immediately felt like they were no longer who we needed to be concerned with. It boggled my mind how the Pats were still spoken about, not only in the media, but on TBD, as if Brady never left.

Think about it. How are we justified constantly talking bad about the Pats current status and gloating about our superiority after they just had an unprecedented divisional run not seen in any major league's sports history? Of course it wasn't going to last forever. Yes, we're glad we were the team to take over after their run ended but now we need to focus our attention to teams that actually have potential to stand in our way.

Oh and I hate how at the end he quotes random Bills fans' I'll advised twitter posts as if it reflect who Bills Mafia is. You can do that with fans of any team including the Pats of course.

In conclusion, I know we as a fanbase have mellowed out on the Pats hate talk as these past two post-Brady seasons have transpired but I still think we should be done with it completely. Pats did make the playoffs last year with a ROOKIE QB leading them all season, which has only happened to 12 teams in the Superbowl era (sidenote: it happened with 3 teams in 2012 alone which is a huge anomaly) and even in the last decade only one rookie QB starting most the season even has a winning record under his belt. So if anything, the Pats are better than I thought they'd be. Yes we dominate them now and I live it, but let's stop punching down.

The pats run is all in the past, as are their fan’s memories, they are now a middling team, just as the Bills were a middling to bad team in the past, now the tables have turned, and we get to talk trash, and they get to look up the ladder at us above them, is what it is. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not going to lie, in some ways the Bills recent success (specifically back to back AFCE titles) does feel a bit hollow since we did this post Brady and in a watered down division as a whole.

And this is another criticism of McDermott (and JA17 to a certain degree) is that they were never able to beat the Pats with Brady as their QB. Yes winning 4 of the last 5 including a dominant win against them in the playoffs is great but we all know it's not the same Pats team that was dominating the conference and league the greater part of the previous two decades.

Hi troll

troll dancing GIF

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, StHustle said:

So late last night I was doing my daily YouTube check for some new good Bills content and came across a video entitled "Buffalo Bills As Irrelevant on the National Stage As They've Ever Been, And It's Their Own Fault"

Now usually I would blow past some nonsense click bait such as this, but I had a few drinks and felt like talking ***** to my TV so I played it. Wow did I end up unhappy. The guy made several valid points Im forced to agree with. I was taken back to my initial feelings when Tom left the Patriots, of how pissed I was he was really leaving with that record he has against us set in stone. I knew their was no way to get the record to respectable numbers at that point but was hoping to at least defeat him in a playoff game (or something!) before he went packing. I knew the Pats wouldn't be much without him and immediately felt like they were no longer who we needed to be concerned with. It boggled my mind how the Pats were still spoken about, not only in the media, but on TBD, as if Brady never left.

Think about it. How are we justified constantly talking bad about the Pats current status and gloating about our superiority after they just had an unprecedented divisional run not seen in any major league's sports history? Of course it wasn't going to last forever. Yes, we're glad we were the team to take over after their run ended but now we need to focus our attention to teams that actually have potential to stand in our way.

Oh and I hate how at the end he quotes random Bills fans' I'll advised twitter posts as if it reflect who Bills Mafia is. You can do that with fans of any team including the Pats of course.

In conclusion, I know we as a fanbase have mellowed out on the Pats hate talk as these past two post-Brady seasons have transpired but I still think we should be done with it completely. Pats did make the playoffs last year with a ROOKIE QB leading them all season, which has only happened to 12 teams in the Superbowl era (sidenote: it happened with 3 teams in 2012 alone which is a huge anomaly) and even in the last decade only one rookie QB starting most the season even has a winning record under his belt. So if anything, the Pats are better than I thought they'd be. Yes we dominate them now and I live it, but let's stop punching down.

They had an impressive run of titles won in a mostly tiny 4 team division.    It's not often cited though because it's relevance in major league sports history isn't that significant.    Not all sports have such tiny subsets of teams.   Winning divisions in football doesn't even always require a winning record.   By contrast, the Yankees once won the AL pennant(equivalent of reaching the SB) by having the best record in their league 26 times in the process of having a winning record every year for 39 seasons from 1926-1964.

As for the Pats still being good..........you simply didn't respect Belichick.  He's the greatest head coach in NFL history.   His methods are often questionable........he WILL cheat and do whatever it takes to win........but he's worth 3-5 wins for that team every year.........there isn't a comparable head coach in sports.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Bills are perfectly relevant.... the Patriots are too.    Buffalo is a consensus Superbowl favorite and were placed in numerous prime timeslots.

Now if we compare the past 2-4 seasons with the Patriots' 2000-2019 run, then yeah, it pales in comparison.  Even if Buffalo wins 2 of the next 4 Superbowls, the Patriots' dynasty will probably reign supreme if someone needs to compare the 2.  That 2-decade run is/was a unicorn in current capped revenue sharing sports.

If it makes Patriots fans happy to always use the 'rings' trump card like those Yankees fans they hate for that same reason... then let them do it.  It was a great run and they are lucky to have taken that ride.

• Like (+1) 3

Belichek is old and the Pats front office certainly looks dysfunctional to me.

Belichek trying to protect his sons as coaches, one of which was responsible for the defense joke of a game the Pats had in the Playoff game, kid should have been fired immediately.

No real replacement for McDaniels?  And now they roll of MAtt Patricia again, possibly as a play caller?

It is the Pats that will sink into oblivion and irrelevance once the old gasbag Belichek finally retires.  I dont think  Kraft has the balls to fire him.  I would love to see Belichek try to install his kids as HC, that would be glorious.

I know many Patriots* fans. My wife is from Boston-- her entire family are Pats* fans-- and I have several co-workers also from New England, who are Pats* fans. Right now, they all have one thing in common: They all love to talk about the Patriots*' legacy, and how the Bills' legacy will never stack up to theirs. And this may, in fact, be true, but I don't envy them.

Bills fans learned long ago not to dwell on the past, and to look towards the future. Pats* fans have little to look forward to, and so they crow about their six Super Bowls. They (pretend to) love to point out that "the Bills have never won a Super Bowl," as if that's news to us. They (pretend to) love to remind us of Von Miller's age, as if our #1 defense revolves around a player who has yet to play a snap in a Bills uni. They (pretend to) love to bring up "13 seconds," as if that defines us.

But, look at them. They do still have a 70-year-old GOAT HC-- but for how long? They just lost their long-time OC, and a legendary O-line coach. If Belichick* left tomorrow, their coaching staff would be a shambles. And so would their team. They arguably got worse over the offseason, and all three of their division rivals inarguably got better. 

Every season that "Patriots* Legacy" is going to be further, and further in the rear-view mirror, and all of that gloating on their past achievements is going to start tasting more and more bitter. At some point, Patriots* fans are going to have to come to grips with their own mediocrity, and a future of irrelevancy behind a Bills team that looks to be dominant for years to come.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

C'mon man. The Pats played one of the easiest schedules last year. When they played Buffalo they got exposed as the frauds they are. Stop doing this to yourself. Stop being a self-hating Bills fan. No more BBFS.

• Like (+1) 3

Do yourself a favor and enjoy this moment in Bills Fandom. You will regret wallowing in all this bullsh!t.

It's possible I speak for many "older" fans who've been around since before the Super Bowl years: soak in every glorious minute because we don't know if it will happen again in our lifetime. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not going to lie, in some ways the Bills recent success (specifically back to back AFCE titles) does feel a bit hollow since we did this post Brady and in a watered down division as a whole.

Lol. I guess Brady had a watered down division and should feel a bit hollow as well then. What is it 33 different starting qbs for the rest of the AFC East while the Patriots had 1? (maybe 2 if you count the Cassel year). 

When the Patriots have a qb its our fault we can't compete.

When the Bills have a qb, its our fault the Pats can't compete.

Just admit you are a fish fan at this point. Either that or you like the attention from detracting from the fan base.

Guys I never said I agree with him saying the Bills are irrelevant in his video title. That was click bait title. He never even makes that claim in the video. I said I agree with him that we need to let this Patriots thing go. It’s a different era now. Miami is back to being are biggest competition. What good is it scoffing at the Pats for anything cause they are in a rebuild period otter dominating us over our damn near 20 year rebuild period?!!

5 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Guys I never said I agree with him saying the Bills are irrelevant in his video title. That was click bait title. He never even makes that claim in the video. I said I agree with him that we need to let this Patriots thing go. It’s a different era now. Miami is back to being are biggest competition. What good is it scoffing at the Pats for anything cause they are in a rebuild period otter dominating us over our damn near 20 year rebuild period?!!

Personally the fact that their period of dominance is forever tarnished in the eyes of most football fans due to verifiable cheating is enough for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, StHustle said:

well if he’s titling his videos like that without ever asserting anything close then I have even less respect for him or his opinions. 

18 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Umm… you actually did. Right in the title. 

“Does this Pats fan make sense? 🤔 I HATE to admit I agree with him.”

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.