Does this Pats fan make sense? 🤔 I HATE to admit I agree with him.

StHustle

So late last night I was doing my daily YouTube check for some new good Bills content and came across a video entitled "Buffalo Bills As Irrelevant on the National Stage As They've Ever Been, And It's Their Own Fault"

Now usually I would blow past some nonsense click bait such as this, but I had a few drinks and felt like talking ***** to my TV so I played it. Wow did I end up unhappy. The guy made several valid points Im forced to agree with. I was taken back to my initial feelings when Tom left the Patriots, of how pissed I was he was really leaving with that record he has against us set in stone. I knew their was no way to get the record to respectable numbers at that point but was hoping to at least defeat him in a playoff game (or something!) before he went packing. I knew the Pats wouldn't be much without him and immediately felt like they were no longer who we needed to be concerned with. It boggled my mind how the Pats were still spoken about, not only in the media, but on TBD, as if Brady never left.

Think about it. How are we justified constantly talking bad about the Pats current status and gloating about our superiority after they just had an unprecedented divisional run not seen in any major league's sports history? Of course it wasn't going to last forever. Yes, we're glad we were the team to take over after their run ended but now we need to focus our attention to teams that actually have potential to stand in our way.

Oh and I hate how at the end he quotes random Bills fans' I'll advised twitter posts as if it reflect who Bills Mafia is. You can do that with fans of any team including the Pats of course.

In conclusion, I know we as a fanbase have mellowed out on the Pats hate talk as these past two post-Brady seasons have transpired but I still think we should be done with it completely. Pats did make the playoffs last year with a ROOKIE QB leading them all season, which has only happened to 12 teams in the Superbowl era (sidenote: it happened with 3 teams in 2012 alone which is a huge anomaly) and even in the last decade only one rookie QB starting most the season even has a winning record under his belt. So if anything, the Pats are better than I thought they'd be. Yes we dominate them now and I live it, but let's stop punching down.

• Vomit 12
  • Eyeroll 19
  • Disagree 8
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 20

No, just no. 

If you want to waste your time thinking about the Pats that’s on you. Of course they’re going to talk about the Bills, that’s their competition that just put a major hurt on them in the playoffs and will most likely continue to for the next decade. 

As for me I don’t have time to punch down, I’m looking at teams that matter right now. Pats didn’t care about the Bills during their run, they were always looking at the Colts and Ravens. 

Bills have the Chiefs and most likely a few others after this season. Pats dont even get a mention, and hopefully that hurts the fans even more than if we were punching down. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Why should we as Bills fans even care about what the Pats fans think.  

He is doing exactly what he accuses Bills fans of, "punching up" to the Pats.  He rambles on and on and on about how the Bills have a short window Von Miller esp and how  great the Pats were for so long, blah blah blah.

Sorry, it was a waste of time listening to him.

And his analogy of the Ravens versus Bills fans  is woefully flawed.  The Pats were in the AFCE and dominated the Bills, of course Raven fans aren't/weren't obsessed with the Pats.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Big Turk said:

Brady left the division because he knew what was coming with the rise of Allen

He is smart to stay in the NFC. The AFC is staked with good/great QB's. In the NFC you have what Rodgers, Dak as his main competition then maybe Murray, Cousins and then nothing. I may be missing someone but I don't see any other QB's out there in the NFC.

• Like (+1) 1

Not going to lie, in some ways the Bills recent success (specifically back to back AFCE titles) does feel a bit hollow since we did this post Brady and in a watered down division as a whole.

And this is another criticism of McDermott (and JA17 to a certain degree) is that they were never able to beat the Pats with Brady as their QB. Yes winning 4 of the last 5 including a dominant win against them in the playoffs is great but we all know it's not the same Pats team that was dominating the conference and league the greater part of the previous two decades.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

How do any of these assumptions on Bills’ fans’ opinions of the Patriots equate to “Buffalo Bills are irrelevant”? I can understand why a Pats fan would dismiss our opinions on their team as irrelevant, but the Bills themselves? 

sorry I’m not following this at all. And no I’m clicking on that.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not going to lie, in some ways the Bills recent success (specifically back to back AFCE titles) does feel a bit hollow since we did this post Brady and in a watered down division as a whole.

Do you think the Pats* said this once Kelly and company retired lol?!?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

And this is another criticism of McDermott (and JA17 to a certain degree) is that they were never able to beat the Pats with Brady as their QB. Yes winning 4 of the last 5 including a dominant win against them in the playoffs is great but we all know it's not the same Pats team that was dominating the conference and league the greater part of the previous two decades.

The entire Pats dynasty was in part due to the horrible division and lack of any other QB to challenge Brady… I doubt it feels hollow to most of that fan base

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

I mean the argument fails on several levels, one Pats fans absolutely talked trash to the other teams in the division during their dominance, second they're in our division and the tweet his referring to is literally talking about teams in the division, third the Bills had to knock the Patriots back into 2nd last year and then had to knock them out of the playoffs. Sure I think they'll be worse this year but you'd be hard pressed to say they were irrelevant last year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.