Hypothetically, What would you have done if Buffalo signed Deshaun Watson?

JerseyBills

Become a Saints fan until him and the people responsible for him being on the team were gone. If I didn't learn to love the Saints, NFL would be removed from Sundays for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

He's in the right uniform. 

Because it looks like a orange jail uniform or its the Browns or both?

• Like (+1) 1

This comes across as pious but I'd temporarily suspend my fan hood because a Super Bowl victory would feel empty with management selling their sole for Watson.  There's just too many accusations (and they're all disgusting) for me to think this is some grand conspiracy money grab against him.  There's no way in hell I'd become a diehard fan of another team though.

• Like (+1) 3

This is gross to think about. The Bills are my life long passion and it would devastate me to give them up but I would have to. I would probably adopt another team until everyone connected with that decision was gone, most likely the Browns or Bengals. But I would never feel the true passion for them that I do for the Bills so those years would feel kind of empty. I sympathize with Browns fans that have stood with the team through so much misery and end up in this nightmare. The Bils drought years were frustrating but at least I could root for the team. Nothing compares to this. Blech.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

He’s so not process

before these incidents broke, Watson was regarded as very much a solid team citizen. I believe he won all sorts of awards for community service.

I don’t think anyone saw this coming before it happened. But there is no excuse for the Browns (or the other teams in the sweepstakes), because they knew about it and still traded for him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Say we were coming off all those years of QB hell; Cleveland took Allen and we drafted Darnold who turned out to be another bust. I could never stop rooting for the Bills and that logo, but I’d be pissed at the amount of draft capital we gave up for Watson and I wouldn’t wear Bills clothing around LA so proudly. Not because of any personal feelings I had towards Watson, but because I wouldn’t want to hear the blowback from all the other fans. I root for the team first and foremost, players second. I’d be supportive, but not happy. I would also have zero expectations that the team was on a real path to success.

EDIT: Oh and bypassing Mahomes for Tre White would continue to loom over this franchise like a dark cloud.

Edited by JayBaller10

When it was announced that Alex Rodriguez was trying to buy the Mets, I told everyone I know that if that had happened, I was going to be a Red Sox fan until he was no longer in the mix ... and man, I meant it.  If the Bills ever signed a sexual predator scumbag like Watson, I probably would have gone to the Giants, since they're closest to me, geographically and I could never root for the Jets.  No way I'd support any team that signed that piece of crap.

• Like (+1) 2

If the Bills signed Watson knowing what the Browns knew, I’d gain thousands of hours of free time every year!

I’ve been thinking how lucky Buffalo is to have sane and upstanding ownership. I’m thankful!

Both Houston and Cleveland seem to have slime for owners and it shows.

I’ve been spending time for work in Cleveland and found it a really cool place, with great food and stuff to do. This whole thing sucks for everyone there. The city’s national reputation is suffering from this due to one moronic family.

• Like (+1) 1

I knew Watson was definitely guilty when he made the claim he never disrespected a woman in his life. That sort of claim would only come from a liar and when lying at a time you are defending yourself about lies is a very good sign all of it is denials of the truth. No man his age can legitimately say they never disrespected any female in their lives. Yes, this statement came AFTER they signed him but for that to be a statement made during the introductory press conference, I likely would have been watching already on the fence, and that woulda sealed the deal for me.

Im with the folks saying they’d abandon the team until he was gone.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.