Hypothetically, What would you have done if Buffalo signed Deshaun Watson?

JerseyBills

Hypothetically? Come on here to beach and moan about the front office being a bunch of idiots and how we as an org deserve every single piece of criticism and punishment we get. 

I am unsure if I’d go as far as I would have for Big Ben. I would have certainly turned in my fan card if I were from Pittsburgh. What a vile human. 

14 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I’d cancel my tickets. Maybe watch a game here or there but I can’t root for a guy like that. 

People here have mentioned Vick and at least in his case, he did a lot to try to change his old ways, spoke out against dog fighting, and really tried to turn a new leaf.  I would have struggled there, but could have seen myself coming around on him

Watson taking the field in Buffalo next year (as a visitor mind you) already makes me sick to my stomach.  

I have a feeling we won’t be seeing this pervert on the field anytime soon 

4 hours ago, PRBills said:

For context, is this pre-josh allen? Because if we were going on year 20 or whatever without playoffs, and the Bills traded for Watson, i don’t think 90% of the fanbase would care as long as he was winning games….

I think you are wrong sir 

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s not just McBeane never ever bringing in a guy with his off the field resume, but in reading page 1 at least, Kim Pegula would never sign off on this pick nor would Terry.  Terry may be a shrewd business man, but he’s not stupid or desperate.

Agree. Pretty sure Kim alone would have shut this trade down before it was even a real thought.

22 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Agree. Pretty sure Kim alone would have shut this trade down before it was even a real thought.

Yep.  I can’t say who, but someone in my family works for the Sabres and loves Kim.  This person has been awarded to go to a game as an award twice in the last few years to the suite at a Bills game.  It’s a nice incentive for their employees.  The comments have been basically she’s very nice, not pretentious, a better businesswoman than people on this board at least some give her credit, and she has morals so the Watson thing would’ve never happened.

Whats even more disturbing was yesterday I was listening between meeting to the morning and then Brown in the afternoon.  The lawsuit was amended to add the Texans.  The reasoning was that the Texans I guess if heard this correctly leased a suite at an elegant hotel.  This was for Watson’s so called “massages” and gave him an NDA to receive these “massages”.  66 women over time participated in these “massages”.  

Before someone asks me

for a link it was referenced from two sources so you guys can find it.  The NY Times article I believe that broke on Sunday by a female Investigative reporter (I don’t know the name) and then another article I think referencing this one on Yahoo Sports.  

My point other than this is vial if true is the Pegulas never in a million years would tolerate, nor condone this behavior of true.  

If you want to hear what I heard Audacy has rewind for 24 hours so listen for yourself, but you’ll have to do it today.  I can’t remember if Jeremy’s show or the Extra Point, but I know Brown on One Bills Live went into detail on this subject.  Listen and make you’re own assertions.  That’s why I think the question is silly as we are not dysfunctional anymore with the Pegulas and McBeane at the helm.  These guys ooze character and makes me proud of being a Bills fan.  I love this team and what it’s become the last 5 years.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Honestly, I don't think a week goes by when I don't thank the heavens that we drafted Josh Allen.  The 2018 QB class turned out to be nowhere near as good as people thought at the time.  The Browns wasted the #1 overall pick and got stuck with Watson when they panicked over it and reached.  The Jets blew the #3 overall pick.  We know how Rosen-to-the-Cardinals turned out, but that wasn't so bad since he flamed out so fast that they were able to move on quickly.  Obviously Lamar worked out really well later in the draft for Baltimore, but even then you're dealing with a QB who has some limitations.

I'm just happy we got our guy and people aren't talking about Buffalo the way they talk about the Browns.

I would probably stop watching the Bills games while he was on the team and just catch the prime time games of other teams to get my fix. I would also become very turned off of management and ownership selling their souls like that.

It’s especially bad because the QB is the face of the franchise and the most important player. Not sure what the Browns were thinking.

On 6/8/2022 at 1:57 PM, PRBills said:

For context, is this pre-josh allen? Because if we were going on year 20 or whatever without playoffs, and the Bills traded for Watson, i don’t think 90% of the fanbase would care as long as he was winning games….

Glad I'm not the only one, although perhaps we need to adjust our medications based on the majority of responses in this thread. Got to assume post, because he did all of the illegal things after Josh was drafted, in which case I'm missing something. Will comb the thread again but why are we signing Watson if we have Allen? I think the thought exercise is to ignore all current reality and imagine what you'd do if there was no Allen, in which case, we'd be closing in on year 30 of the drought and more people than who would like to admit it would be pretty optimistic about having a real QB.

If we signed him after Allen, I'd just be like this is incredibly dumb why are we signing this dirtbag when we have the best QB in the league, but I'd still watch every game. I'll read the thread again.

3 hours ago, Nelius said:

Glad I'm not the only one, although perhaps we need to adjust our medications based on the majority of responses in this thread. Got to assume post, because he did all of the illegal things after Josh was drafted, in which case I'm missing something. Will comb the thread again but why are we signing Watson if we have Allen? I think the thought exercise is to ignore all current reality and imagine what you'd do if there was no Allen, in which case, we'd be closing in on year 30 of the drought and more people than who would like to admit it would be pretty optimistic about having a real QB.

If we signed him after Allen, I'd just be like this is incredibly dumb why are we signing this dirtbag when we have the best QB in the league, but I'd still watch every game. I'll read the thread again.

Yea in order for it to work the thought exercise has to be that they took the wrong QB in 2018 and after 3 years of no progress (18, 19, 20) the McBeane combo is binned. The new regime failed to impress in 2021 and so, as such, are in a desperate position going into 2022 and decided to roll the dice. Even then you have to think about whether Kim Pegula as one of the most prominent female owners in the sport would want her name attached to Deshaun Watson, but that is the only scenario where you can get to Buffalo trading for Watson and that is squinting. 

A more interesting question might be what if McDermott had taken Watson at #10 overall in 2017 and then these accusations had arisen during his time here. Because this regime would still be here, they'd have won plenty of games with Watson, and they would be faced with the decision as to whether to cut bait with the best QB they had since Kelly over off the field conduct. I still lean towards they would have cut bait but that is a more interesting thought exercise for me. 

On 6/7/2022 at 10:18 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Cannot even imagine this occurring with this regime. 

I don't know what our level of interest in AB was, but it seemed like we were pretty interested at one point.

That would have been a deal breaker for me, as would Watson. The older I get the less tolerance I have for this. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.