Hypothetically, What would you have done if Buffalo signed Deshaun Watson?

JerseyBills

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The Browns should have insisted that he settle these lawsuits before making any deal.  I cannot see how the NFL which has a large base of woman fans could allow him on the field this season. People bring up Robert Kraft and try to use that as a comparison,  the difference is Kraft was in a known happy ending  place where Watson forced some of these ladies into sexual acts who thought they were just being hired for a massage.

Exactly....major difference.  Watson clearly has some sick fetish here

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Completely agree. No chance McBeane would sign off on this. Just saying, if it happened in an alternative universe, would you still support the team?

I'm surprised at all the Browns fans, who have a  solid and loyal base, that are allegedly done with their team.

I think there is a large contingent that was fully invested and still believes in mayfield, disagrees with the Browns decision overall,  and that amplifies their feelings on Watson. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

I would still be a fan but have zero faith with the coaches & management.

I would be vocal in my displeasure about it and probably not wear as much Bills gear to avoid convos about the hypothetical situation.

Ditto

I shudder to think of Kim Pegula's reaction if the Bills tried to pull this crap...safe to say her and Dee Haslam might not see eye to eye on this one.

Dee Haslam: “I just want to say this has been a really hard and difficult journey for us and for our family. We spent a lot of time and a lot of evenings spending time with our daughters and working through this as a family. I have to tell you, it was really hard. We had to really work hard to get comfortable with the decision. We knew going into this that this could be really hard on individuals and could trigger emotions from individuals who have been through sexual abuse. I just have to tell you, our compassion for those individuals is really deep. We know how hard this has been on them.”

Having been a Bills fan all my life, it would be very hard to support them if this were the case. Winning is not everything. I would find it very hard to support him or the team if he signed with the Bills. At some point, you draw a line.

I guess the closest we've been to this is OJ situation. I appreciate what he was for the Bills back in the day, but as an organization (and I think as a fan base) the Bills have distanced themselves from him, and that is the right move.

Anyhow, by now I'd be looking for any small way I could to voice my displeasure. I would also be looking for another team to root for, but that would be hard after so many years of emotional investment in one team.

As I said, at some point you draw a line.

For the life of me I cannot understand why the Browns would do this to their team or fans. Greed (and latent stupidity) is blind. At least the Dolphins were smart enough to have some out-clauses built into their offer. Now we know why DW didn't take their offer.

Edited by CSBill

To play along with this hypothetical, we have to assume some other things...

Primarily, that the QB McBeane selected in 2018 hasnt worked out as planned, and therefore the Bills are likely moving on from McD, Beane, and the QB this year and doing yet another classic Bills reset.

This means even after making the playoffs in 2017, we havent been back since, and it's been the same ol' 6-10 Bills.

And after 20+ years of this cycle of suckitude, the new GM and HC who we are already leery of go out and trade for Watson and then commit a ton of cap to him.

Yeah, I would be about done with this team. I'd casually follow the score on Sundays but probably wouldnt even watch the games, let alone go to the bar, let alone go to the actual games. They wouldnt get another dollar for any merch, nor would I wear any in public. I certainly wouldnt be flying a 5ft Bills flag on my house in Atlanta like I currently have up.

I dont blame the Browns fans for walking away, and I welcome them to the Mafia with open arms. The more folks we have Bill-ieving, the better.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I wonder what his obsession with massage therapists is. I mean, if you had millions of dollars, I'm thinking you could probably get willing chics fairly easily. 

This...all he has to do is go out to the clubs and he would have women flocking to him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

This...all he has to do is go out to the clubs and he would have women flocking to him.

Where’s the fun in that? He’d much rather embarrass women trying to make a living and see where it goes.  Take away the money and NFL job, and Watson is the trench coat wearing pervert who exposes himself to women on the subway and in the park.  

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Where’s the fun in that? He’d much rather embarrass women trying to make a living and see where it goes.  Take away the money and NFL job, and Watson is the trench coat wearing pervert who exposes himself to women on the subway and in the park.  

I agree. I said it yesterday, based on what we read and hear it isn't even the sexual contact that is the thrill for Watson. The sexual arousal comes from the embarrassment and humiliation of the other person. Exactly like the trench coat flasher in the subway. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

The Browns should have insisted that he settle these lawsuits before making any deal.  I cannot see how the NFL which has a large base of woman fans could allow him on the field this season. People bring up Robert Kraft and try to use that as a comparison,  the difference is Kraft was in a known happy ending  place where Watson forced some of these ladies into sexual acts who thought they were just being hired for a massage.

I read people on social media saying the browns have an out to void the deal if new evidence came to light on the accusations. A 24th person joining the lawsuit with its own set of accusations may fit that. 

Edit: and by void the deal i mean just the guaranteed money. They wouldnt get their picks back from Houston.

Edited by What a Tuel

9 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Let's see how Goodell handles this situation.

We shall soon see, if the Commissioner is a total scumbag, as well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34054310/cleveland-browns-qb-deshaun-watson-saw-least-66-massage-therapists-17-month-period-report-says

Remember that Goodell does the bidding of the owners…, so it would be the owners and their mouth piece, Goodell being scumbags…,

Things one would have to ask if DW was signed by the Bills:

Question the sanity of the front office?

Were there drugs involved in the decision making?

Did someone threaten or blackmail Beane and is he being held hostage? 

Who slipped the crack into the Pegula's PB&J sandwich? 

All viable questions that would have to be asked had they signed DW. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.