Walmart Buys Broncos

Warcodered

Considering he’s worth $57.9 Bil., I think he can afford it.  Not only that but his family separately is worth billions each.  Less than Robson Walton, but their wealth is insane.

I believe he pledged to build a SoFi type stadium with his $.

Good for Denver.  I guess they never need to worry about relocation, and with exchanging salary to signing bonus, you have to have enough equity for cap to cash to do these deals per league rules with the CBA.  

Yeah, that won’t ever be a problem.  This will be a shiny toy for him.  He wants to make more $, he’ll drop another 20 Walmarts in India or wherever.  I was surprised 18 years ago in a couple of smaller cities in China when we adopted my daughter, there were a bunch of Walmarts there.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Considering he’s worth $57.9 Bil., I think he can afford it.  Not only that but his family separately is worth billions each.  Less than Robson Walton, but their wealth is insane.

I believe he pledged to build a SoFi type stadium with his $.

Good for Denver.  I guess they never need to worry about relocation, and with exchanging salary to signing bonus, you have to have enough equity for cap to cash to do these deals per league rules with the CBA.  

Yeah, that won’t ever be a problem.  This will be a shiny toy for him.  He wants to make more $, he’ll drop another 20 Walmarts in India or wherever.  I was surprised 18 years ago in a couple of smaller cities in China when we adopted my daughter, there were a bunch of Walmarts there.

that would be smart af. Just build it now to cover current stadium and of course have a much bigger footprint of the roof like SoFi did.......then can just build a new stadium under it at any time.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He is Stan Kroenke's brother-in-law. No rules on that I guess?

Actually take that back. Got my Walton women mixed up.... looks more like cousin-in-law. 

I guess they don’t need a $20 limit on Christmas gifts. 

I’ve been in Denver on a game day (not the Bills) but had other plans and did not attend the game.  Just seeing the scene with all the people migrating to the stadium made me want to see a game there one day. I honestly don’t know the reputation/quality of the stadium, but a So-Fi style super stadium was mentioned. I honestly hope they don’t get something like that. I want to see a game in Denver in my lifetime, and I want it to feel like a football stadium. 

16 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I doubt it Augster at least five or more years from now.  You know Walton will want a SB.  I think if you add the outlying areas and the ski draw they might get one.  They have a world class airport.  2030 SB - a Super Super Walmart Stadium!

I know, but a guy can dream, right? I guess I have to go before they get a new one…..and before they start messing up downtown to build it. Game day just had a very cool vibe to it early am as we were heading to Vail. I wanted to stop! 

Sometimes TOO MUCH money is a bad thing.  It’s FOOTBALL! 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.