Dumbest thing you've ever done.

Beast

47 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I did have a helmet on lol

No helmet law here in Illinois, just gotta wear eye protection... But Illinois is probably one of the stricter ones with seat belts, go figure. Not even children on back of motorcycle have to wear helmets. Children not suppose to be out of booster seat till 100 pounds.  Heck, my 86 year old MiL probably never cracked a 100 pounds in her life. 

Three states no helmet law: Iowa, Illinois and New Hampshire.   Bunch others that require them on children under 18... Like Indiana. 

Missouri is weird.  Under 26 gotta wear helmet.  26 is when they say the brain stops developing.  Coincidence? Yet booze is at 21.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Motorcycle_Helmet_Laws_in_the_US_by_State.svg#mw-jump-to-license

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

On 6/6/2022 at 5:59 PM, Beast said:

Just did it Friday.

Have a 2022 GMC Diesel....left work, pissed as hell at my boss, went to the pumps and pumped about 5 gallons of unleaded in it. Now, I've never had a diesel before and my mind was murderous at the time (even moreso after my blunder). Got my truck back today and am 650 lighter in the wallet.

Ugh. 

I'm an idiot. But that won't happen again.

Years ago I did the same thing but worse. I was driving a 24' box truck from Brooklyn to Connecticut for a moving job in a snowstorm. It took so long to get there and I had to go #2 badly so at the exit for the house I parked at a pump and ran into the gas station bathroom. Grabbed some drinks from the store and the other workers were in there so I asked if either of them had pumped the gas yet and they said no. It was basically a blizzard out there, so I think that combined with having a near bathroom emergency messed with my head a bit and I filled the tank with gas instead of diesel. Still no excuse really.

Now we got to the house and unloaded everything, but I kept the truck running because of the weather conditions. Made it all the way back in the storm with some zero vis conditions and traffic at times. Parked the truck and didn't learn of my mistake until about a week later when someone else went to use the truck. Had to pay $450 because the company paid half I believe which was nice.

Thank god I left the truck running or we would have stranded in a customer's driveway in a blizzard. 

• Shocked 1

When I was in the military we were bored on post and played something called the "Trust Game" where you have to TRUST that someone cleared their weapon properly while they dry fire at you. REALLY REALLY REALLY STUPID, I'm almost 40 now and I still get chills thinking about how dumb I was. Still close friends with the guy i played the game with, he is flying out for my wedding next month.

11 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Got married. 

Got married again. 

Oh no

17 hours ago, Logic said:

Elephant seals are not cute, fuzzy little things, mind you. They're massive and, as I later learned on Discovery Channel, they're pretty damn dangerous. I distinctly remember my friend Dan laying his head on the chest of a sleeping seal, and I watched the seal's eye open and the creature lunge at my friend and try to bite him. He ducked out of the way and we ran like hell as this massive thing came loping after us.

I just pictured Sam Adams returning a pick for a TD.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.