Bills drawing plenty of betting action to win super bowl

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I’m so trained for pessimism, that with those 13 ***** seconds left, my wife was cheering and I said “There’s still plenty of time.” She rolled her eyes at me. 

This is a top 3 Bills Roster of all time (I didn’t want to say best ever on paper since I’m not here for that argument) and I should be excited and optimistic. It’s just not in my DNA. 

Same thing happened with me and some friends when the Bills played pats on Monday night to have hernandez score twice with 3 minutes left running the same exact play and mcFumble.

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, teef said:

aren't "hangovers" more typical of a superbowl winning team?  shouldn't a loss like that be a learning opportunity, cause anger, and have a team more dialed in the following year?

Yeah it's not like they were 18-0 and got upset in the playoffs.........they were 7-6 and on the outside of the playoffs looking in going into their December 19 game at home against Carolina.    They peaked late and almost got something done......but the story of their season was losing 6 games and blowing a clear path to the SB by not getting homefield in a watered down AFC field record-wise...........not the last second choke on the road in a game where they were otherwise predictably outplayed by the home team Kansas City.

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah it's not like they were 18-0 and got upset in the playoffs.........they were 7-6 and on the outside of the playoffs looking in going into their December 19 game at home against Carolina.    They peaked late and almost got something done......but the story of their season was losing 6 games and blowing a clear path to the SB by not getting homefield in a watered down AFC field record-wise...........not the last second choke on the road in a game where they were otherwise predictably outplayed by the home team Kansas City.

no doubt.  there were enough "off" moments last year that didn't include those 13 seconds.  clean it up this year because that 1 seed seems so critical.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, teef said:

so you think the falcons fell apart because of their superbowl loss?

I think it played a major factor in the situation but it probably wasn't the sole factor.

At the end of the day though that Falcons team was more of an outlier since they weren't a consistent contender like the Bills fancy themselves in recent years and heading into the 2022 campaign.

I'm not really that concerned about Dorsey. This offense will be elite so long as Allen stays upright. The OC always gets a lot of blame and slack no matters what's being called. Look at Daboll for evidence. Allen made Daboll not the other way around. 

I'm more concerned about the other AFC teams that have greatly improved. There doesn't seem to be a huge gap between the top 1 to 5 teams; which the Bills easily fit into. Rightly so, the Bills are at the top. The Bills have a target on their backs. 

Coach McD will have to get his players prepared to play week by week. They must drown out the noise sort of speak. It's a long season and there will be ups and downs. 

I'm more excited than ever to get the season started. The bitter taste still lingers. Yet, the future is brighter and reminds me of the 90's. Come Buffalo Bills let's do this and bring that Lombardi trophy home!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, teef said:

aren't "hangovers" more typical of a superbowl winning team?  shouldn't a loss like that be a learning opportunity, cause anger, and have a team more dialed in the following year?

Teef he’s a waste of breath and not a Bills fan.  He looks for every opportunity to find a way to plant doubt.  He reminds me of those false Bills fans two years ago who tried to say, but I’ve been a Bills fan for decades, bla bla bla.  Remember the Jets trolls that kept trying to hijack the board two years ago until the mods were so sick of them they threw them out.

A hangover is ludicrous.  If anything, this team has even greater resolve to go deep this year.  Once we go 13-4 he’ll shut up as his voice will just be more and more white noise.

I used to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he’s ridiculous now.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Badol, they weren’t outplayed by KC.  They drive down the field and made the game winning score we thought with the 4th TD reception by Davis.  If you want to poke holes what about the four early losses from KC and daily everyone is asking what happened to KC.  I couldn’t agree more that the Jags loss stung.  The Pats loss was 50 mph winds.  The Titans we had in hand but Josh tripped in the end.  Sure we were creamed by the Colts, and Daboll blew it with the Steelers with the four wide stuff all day.

Its football.  I’m not picking on the Chiefs other than to say they had flaws too last year.  The Bengals came out of nowhere.

All of this still comes back to the Bills can do well this year, and almost every betting line and pundit has us as the lead team for a SB run.

I know you’re a Bills guy although a little salty, but I kind of like that about you.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not necessarily, look what happened to the Falcons after they lost the SB to Patriots in infamous fashion blowing a 28-3 lead. They never recovered and haven't made the playoffs since. There window was slammed shut that day in hindsight.

I just think that that it's a very slippery slope to assume this team is going to be 'just fine' after losing a playoff game in the fashion they did (i.e. taking the lead twice in the final 2 minutes, 13 seconds, then OT loss) especially given the first 6 games which are as tough as it gets on paper for any team this year.

And no matter what you believe about McDermott, the Chiefs and Andy Reid are going to be living rent free in his head until proven otherwise.

The elephant in the room for me is still McDermott.....and I'm willing to die on that hill as much as I really am not going to enjoy being proven right someday when he's replaced.

Every coach is replaced sooner or later so not sure.. but if he doesn’t win a title he won’t receive a third contract.

Maybe the Falcons just weren’t a great team to begin with and that’s why they fell off.

5 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I’m so trained for pessimism, that with those 13 ***** seconds left, my wife was cheering and I said “There’s still plenty of time.” She rolled her eyes at me. 

This is a top 3 Bills Roster of all time (I didn’t want to say best ever on paper since I’m not here for that argument) and I should be excited and optimistic. It’s just not in my DNA. 

Plus, we are the Bills...😉

12 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not really that concerned about Dorsey. This offense will be elite so long as Allen stays upright. The OC always gets a lot of blame and slack no matters what's being called. Look at Daboll for evidence. Allen made Daboll not the other way around. 

I'm more concerned about the other AFC teams that have greatly improved. There doesn't seem to be a huge gap between the top 1 to 5 teams; which the Bills easily fit into. Rightly so, the Bills are at the top. The Bills have a target on their backs. 

Coach McD will have to get his players prepared to play week by week. They must drown out the noise sort of speak. It's a long season and there will be ups and downs. 

I'm more excited than ever to get the season started. The bitter taste still lingers. Yet, the future is brighter and reminds me of the 90's. Come Buffalo Bills let's do this and bring that Lombardi trophy home!

I'm more concerned about the DC. I hope he gets it right this season especially in close games!

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

The AFC is loaded but I expect the North and West to beat the **** out of each other. The South is between the Titans and Colts but they have 2 hapless teams they can grab 4 wins against vs the Jags and Texans. McDermott's teams are 0-4 on the road in the playoffs but 3-0 at home. With how tough the AFC is I really hope the Bills get that #1 seed. I don't trust them on the road in a big spot especially in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I don't trust them on the road in a big spot

I do.  Of those 4 road playoff losses only one was “bad” (AFCC two years ago).  At the Jags we had no offense and still only lost by 3, and the other two (Houston and KC) we should have won.

Stop worrying.  But I think we’ll get the #1 seed anyway.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I do.  Of those 4 road playoff losses only one was “bad” (AFCC two years ago).  At the Jags we had no offense and still only lost by 3, and the other two (Houston and KC) we should have won.

Stop worrying.  But I think we’ll get the #1 seed anyway.

Blowing a big lead at Houston and especially 13 seconds. I don't trust them. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.