Bills drawing plenty of betting action to win super bowl

4 minutes ago, boater said:

I don't like all these optimistic forecasts. They give me a hinky feeling. I remind myself of the Pitt and Jax games from last year.

Let me just add that I don’t see a game on the schedule that we should be favored in. I could see us going winless this year.

This jinx stuff has to stop! …..or at least be balanced out!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

I’m so trained for pessimism, that with those 13 ***** seconds left, my wife was cheering and I said “There’s still plenty of time.” She rolled her eyes at me. 

This is a top 3 Bills Roster of all time (I didn’t want to say best ever on paper since I’m not here for that argument) and I should be excited and optimistic. It’s just not in my DNA. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

So much for flying under the radar this season. We will be getting every teams best shot.

And that's exactly what I want for my team.  Let them get tested often and well and if they can emerge on top then they know they can beat everyone and can really begin a Glory Years era for the Bills. 

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Guys:

So many of us are conditioned from the drought, people get superstitious about projections, then the same people take an affront when we are not ranked high enough per whatever dumb power ranking, top 100 players, whatever.  

How the betting odds are going has no bearing on our success.  It’s in the players, coaches and front office to get the right 53 on the field and the right utilization of their talents.  I contend we have a winning organization, with winning Mgmt, and coaching.  We have the most talent by far since the Kelly years, and even better only in that this Mgmt team has to deal with a hard cap and free agency.

Polian and Marv didn’t have to deal with those issues until the end.  We’ll be fine.

There will be lots of time for predictions, but when my sons poll me I tell them most likely 12-5, conservatively if we have another Jags game, 11-6, and aggressively 13-4.  This range is very doable.  If we want the #1 seed though, we’d better hit 13-4.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

These are the current odds at Caesars.  Just to give a reference point, the odds have gone down since the season ended.  On February 17th, I got +425 at Caesars on the Bills winning the AFC.  

Buffalo Bills

SUPER BOWL WINNER

+650

CONFERENCE WINNER

+350

DIVISION WINNER

29 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I’m so trained for pessimism, that with those 13 ***** seconds left, my wife was cheering and I said “There’s still plenty of time.” She rolled her eyes at me

This is a top 3 Bills Roster of all time (I didn’t want to say best ever on paper since I’m not here for that argument) and I should be excited and optimistic. It’s just not in my DNA. 

Ditto, dammit!😡

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, boater said:

I don't like all these optimistic forecasts. They give me a hinky feeling. I remind myself of the Pitt and Jax games from last year.

This team has a lot to prove this year and the entire Bills organization knows this regardless of all this offseason hype.

And personally I still think there's a strong possibility of a 'hangover' so to speak with how the season ended in KC combined with a very difficult opening schedule the first month and half. McDermott is truly going to have to prove he's among the leagues best head coaches to keep the ship steady and moving in the right direction.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This team has a lot to prove this year and the entire Bills organization knows this regardless of all this offseason hype.

And personally I still think there's a strong possibility of a 'hangover' so to speak with how the season ended in KC combined with a very difficult opening schedule the first month and half. McDermott is truly going to have to prove he's among the leagues best head coaches to keep the ship steady and moving in the right direction.

aren't "hangovers" more typical of a superbowl winning team?  shouldn't a loss like that be a learning opportunity, cause anger, and have a team more dialed in the following year?

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Wouldn't the Rams be the one with a "Super Bowl hangover" plus isn't Donald looking for a contract extension. If that ends up being a distraction well that can help the Bills. Week one is the best time to get the champs IMHO.

35 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

All true. And let's not overlook the elephant in the room: we have a new inexperienced OC. Can the former QB coach call a running game?

• Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, teef said:

aren't "hangovers" more typical of a superbowl winning team?  shouldn't a loss like that be a learning opportunity, cause anger, and have a team more dialed in the following year?

Not necessarily, look what happened to the Falcons after they lost the SB to Patriots in infamous fashion blowing a 28-3 lead. They never recovered and haven't made the playoffs since. There window was slammed shut that day in hindsight.

I just think that that it's a very slippery slope to assume this team is going to be 'just fine' after losing a playoff game in the fashion they did (i.e. taking the lead twice in the final 2 minutes, 13 seconds, then OT loss) especially given the first 6 games which are as tough as it gets on paper for any team this year.

And no matter what you believe about McDermott, the Chiefs and Andy Reid are going to be living rent free in his head until proven otherwise.

3 minutes ago, boater said:

All true. And let's not overlook the elephant in the room: we have a new inexperienced OC. Can the former QB coach call a running game?

The elephant in the room for me is still McDermott.....and I'm willing to die on that hill as much as I really am not going to enjoy being proven right someday when he's replaced.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not necessarily, look what happened to the Falcons after they lost the SB to Patriots in infamous fashion blowing a 28-3 lead. They never recovered and haven't made the playoffs since. There window was slammed shut that day in hindsight.

I just think that that it's a very slippery slope to assume this team is going to be 'just fine' after losing a playoff game in the fashion they did (i.e. taking the lead twice in the final 2 minutes, 13 seconds, then OT loss) especially given the first 6 games which are as tough as it gets on paper for any team this year.

And no matter what you believe about McDermott, the Chiefs and Andy Reid are going to be living rent free in his head until proven otherwise.

The elephant in the room for me is still McDermott.....and I'm willing to die on that hill as much as I really am not going to enjoy being proven right someday when he's replaced.

so you think the falcons fell apart because of their superbowl loss?

1 hour ago, boater said:

The remedy to that is to finally go out there and prove the bettors right, no mercy, run up the score on EVERYONE and win the Super Bowl.  Then we can finally accept being part of the "winning culture" people talk about.  Trusting the process is great, but it will need to pay off in the end.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ditto, dammit!😡

I said exactly the same thing to my family. They didn't believe me. Decades of watching every. single. game. proved me right. Ugh. 

And yes, all of the hype has me terrified. That said, there was also a great deal of hype before last season (ESPN simulations had us winning the whole thing) and it turned out to be a (albeit, wonderful) roller-coaster season, so I feel more prepared for this one. :) 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.