Is Joe Brady on the staff in case Ken Dorsey flubs it?

Utah John

17 minutes ago, Putin said:

Exactly ^^^^ 

Especially the part where we had to overpay to keep him , I think Josh Allen can make an average OC look good , 

While Daniel Jones is probably the opposite 

When Daboll is exposed as a product of the otherworldly Josh Allen, the Bills “HC pipeline” will be capped for all the rest

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I think Brady is on the staff because they want a good staff.

An OC doesn't develop plans or make decisions in a vacuum.  An effective OC will be collaborative and utilize the skills, wisdom, and experience of his subordinate coaches.  Under the right leadership conditions, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

As an outsider looking in I can only guess.   My guess is that Dorsey has been groomed for this role and has McD's confidence.  Brady wasn't brought in as Dorsey's backup.  But he was brought in to help make the coaching staff - and Dorsey - better.  

• Agree 8

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

When Daboll is exposed as a product of the otherworldly Josh Allen, the Bills “HC pipeline” will be capped for all the rest

I don't know Kilff Kingsberry got a job as a HC despite having a losing record in college because he happened to be Patrick Mahomes adjacent.

Didn't realize Brady went to William & Mary.  McDermott's been watching him a long time....probably factored in a bit.  I like the fact that Dorsey isn't shy about bringing in staff that have called plays.  This coaching staff, from a teaching and experience perspective, might be one of the better ones in Bills history.  It matches the talent on the roster.   That said, I hope that they are playing through a bunch of critical game scenarios this off-season, like up by 3 with 13 seconds left.

3 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Didn't realize Brady went to William & Mary.  McDermott's been watching him a long time....probably factored in a bit.  I like the fact that Dorsey isn't shy about bringing in staff that have called plays.  This coaching staff, from a teaching and experience perspective, might be one of the better ones in Bills history.  It matches the talent on the roster.   That said, I hope that they are playing through a bunch of critical game scenarios this off-season, like up by 3 with 13 seconds left.

Thanks for ruining my day with your last sentence 

• Haha (+1) 1

No he isn’t, being Brady kinda flubbed his own first time OC job, he is here to be a quality supporting cast member on a super bowl contender.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Dorsey isn’t getting fired a month into the season. 

Brady is likely the OC in waiting for when Dorsey is hired to be a HC. 

100%, Dorsey is already a known name, as soon as he proves he can call plays and run an offense, he will be up for some jobs.

No need to pretend otherwise, all he has to do is perform.

4 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

100%, Dorsey is already a known name, as soon as he proves he can call plays and run an offense, he will be up for some jobs.

No need to pretend otherwise, all he has to do is perform.

I heard from the dolphins fans Ken Dorsey name come up few times when they were looking for a HC 

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Too many chefs from the looks of it on the surface. 

Few Su shefs but only one chef 

9 minutes ago, Putin said:

I heard from the dolphins fans Ken Dorsey name come up few times when they were looking for a HC 

Few Su shefs but only one chef 

If any of those sous chefs hadn’t already been head chefs themselves, I’d agree that they’re just sous chefs. Shouldn’t be a problem when things are going well, but I can see the potential for too many voices and some conflict if the offense struggles. 

Edited by K-9

57 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Truly sorry....here's a cold one  :beer:

Umm, excuse me, but……..did you bring enough for everyone? 

It’s their job to think of every possible scenario and be ready with plans and backup plans and backup plans for the backup plans. That’s how you build a winning organization. The best organizations (that’s us! :)) will see the coaching staff and front office (and practice squad for that matter) poached more than the lousy teams. Beane and McD will be ready for the challenges ahead. If you are afraid to have smart people around you, you’ve already failed. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, K-9 said:

If any of those sous chefs hadn’t already been head chefs themselves, I’d agree that they’re just sous chefs. Shouldn’t be a problem when things are going well, but I can see the potential for too many voices and some conflict if the offense struggles. 

I trust McD to keep everything running smooth even if there’s few  bumps on the way to the SB !!! 

Edited by Putin

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

Umm, excuse me, but……..did you bring enough for everyone? 

It’s their job to think of every possible scenario and be ready with plans and backup plans and backup plans for the backup plans. That’s how you build a winning organization. The best organizations (that’s us! :)) will see the coaching staff and front office (and practice squad for that matter) poached more than the lousy teams. Beane and McD will be ready for the challenges ahead. If you are afraid to have smart people around you, you’ve already failed. 

🍻:beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

McD is doing what good leaders do.  He’s providing the best talent around his coordinators.  McD would never allow a breach of chain of command.  Coaching decisions are with the blessing of the Pegulas and Beane, but make no mistake these are HC decisions.  Do you think he didn’t cover this stuff in the interview process.  As a leader the last 10 years you prepare for everything and keep an eye on day to day in the beginning to make sure things flow well.

Brady knows his role, and Dorsey knows he can rely on his staff to assist with generating ideas, but decisions will be made by Dorsey unless McD jumps in the game and wants to insert a specific tactic.

This is a great thing as McD keeps fortifying his coaching staff with experienced coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.