Rousseau and Basham at the Von Miller Pass Rush Academy

HappyDays

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Wouldn't surprise me and another reason I'm very concerned about the Dolphins with potential young stud players like this.

It's not a thread unless you're "very concerned" about something...did you read several posts above yours that the post you quoted was a joke?  :doh:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

It's not a thread unless you're "very concerned" about something...did you read several posts above yours that the post you quoted was a joke?  :doh:

he's also become a, "wouldn't be surprise" kinda guy.

2 hours ago, boater said:

I attribute Knox's success more to that "hands coach" that he hired. When Knox strikes the big pay day, which he will, he will really appreciate that decision.

That part of the embedded video that showed him working that hand eye drill was crazy.

18 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Here's what I've found out so far regarding attendees:

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/05/josh-allen-among-several-edge-defenders-to-join-von-millers-2022-pass-rush-summit/

There's also a group photo in the article for those who know the players by face. It looks like there were about 30 guys in the photo.

Epenesa looks a little bigger through shoulders and chest than he did last year.  I would not write him off, I think he will find a solid contributing role.  Basham looks like he may have dropped a little bad weight that he carried last year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

That part of the embedded video that showed him working that hand eye drill was crazy.

I remember from TV coverage last season: they flashed Knox on the sidelines warming up by juggling balls in the air while someone threw him additional balls. He caught them and kept juggling. He's gonna make big bucks somewhere when his contract is up.

4 minutes ago, boater said:

I remember from TV coverage last season: they flashed Knox on the sidelines warming up by juggling balls in the air while someone threw him additional balls. He caught them and kept juggling. He's gonna make big bucks somewhere when his contract is up.

In the embedded video they threw something like this:

bravo_tristick_summer1_k.jpg

and after throwing it would call out which color he needed to catch it by.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Knox and Allen seem to be pretty close. Whenever you see Allen at a Sabres game or something, seems like Knox is always there.

I think he gets paid here with a solid, team friendly'ish deal.

I forget where I saw it but I believe Knox and Josh are great friends.  I agree we see Knox sign a 4-5 yr extension soon.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2022 at 8:41 AM, TheFunPolice said:

These "camps" and "universities" seem to have a tremendous impact in a short period of time. Makes you wonder what they are doing that the actual position coaches  league-wide aren't.

I have heard in many interviews that there isn't enough time for position coaches to teach skills and fundamentals during the offseason anymore since the CBA has reduced the amount of team activities.  Coaches use their time to focus on Xs and Os rather than blocking techniques or pass rushing moves.   I believe it was an interview with some Olinemen years ago that touched on this issue.  I am looking for the interview but cant find it.  I've read that a lot of the positional coaches couldn't teach technique even if they wanted to so its the players responsibility to seek out training in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I have heard in many interviews that there isn't enough time for position coaches to teach skills and fundamentals during the offseason anymore since the CBA has reduced the amount of team activities.  Coaches use their time to focus on Xs and Os rather than blocking techniques or pass rushing moves.   I believe it was an interview with some Olinemen years ago that touched on this issue.  I am looking for the interview but cant find it.  I've read that a lot of the positional coaches couldn't teach technique even if they wanted to so its the players responsibility to seek out training in the offseason.

Yep pretty much. I also think coaches are sometimes guilty of over prioritising teaching scheme. I see it in all sports including sports I coach. You get coach arrogance "man I am so clever my tactics, my scheme, that is why we win." In reality all sports are players' games. More focus on getting them better (i.e. techique) and less on your own ego (i.e. your scheme) is the way to go IMO. Not saying scheme doesn't matter. Clearly it does. But I suspect coaches over prioritise the tight time they have in that regard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/6/2022 at 5:17 PM, boater said:

On 6/7/2022 at 10:34 AM, elroy16 said:

Knox and Allen seem to be pretty close. Whenever you see Allen at a Sabres game or something, seems like Knox is always there.

I think he gets paid here with a solid, team friendly'ish deal.

On 6/7/2022 at 11:04 AM, Mynamemike said:

I forget where I saw it but I believe Knox and Josh are great friends.  I agree we see Knox sign a 4-5 yr extension soon.  

I'm counting on Knox giving the Bills a home team/Josh "friendly" deal just like Tre, Dawkins, and Milano did. And if he doesnt, then the franchise tag price for a Tight End is very reasonable and would be a perfect candidate to use it on while we figure out Oliver and Davis.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.