Von Miller wanted to go to the Cowboys prior to signing with Bills

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Doc said:

He got basically the same deal Chandler Jones did.

That’s who I really wanted in the free agency, i wasn’t thinking about Miller even being available or a possibility ! 
Glad he’s a Buffalo Bill !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

It's hard to say how meaningful Miller's interest in the Cowboys was.

If Miller reached out to the Cowboys as DeMarcus Ware states, that tells me that winning a championship was not his first criteria.

As mentioned, Miller grew up in suburban Dallas and played college at Texas A&M, less than an hour from his hometown of DeSoto.

The question is "Would Miller have preferred to sign with his hometown team if they offered the same money as the Bills?"

Desoto to College Station is more like a 2.5 hour drive. Never been to the A&M campus, but a 2.5 hour drive is still relatively close within the confines of TX. When I lived in Lubbock I had friends from the suburbs of Houston, which was a 9 hour drive away. That state is too big.

Edited by JayBaller10

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I think it was pretty clear from his own video that we overpaid to get him. His agent said something like Bills offered more than they even expected.

Nothing wrong with that since we are talking about Von Miller. He just needs to produce next three years and help us win a Lombardi.

And it's really not a surprise that other teams were interested and that he talked to other teams.

Did we overpay to get him?  I won't refute that statement, but the bottom line is, ANY team besides the Rams would have had to do the sams, that's just the nature of the business nowadays.   And while yes it's about the money to a healthy degree, I genuinely believe everything Von said regarding wanting to come to Buffalo, wanting to play for another contender, and with Josh Allen.  I was particularly moved by the conversation he had with his dad, and how his dad felt like Buffalo just made all the sense in the world.  I personally admired the way Miller handled the whole process..and he hasn't even played a down yet and he's already having a substantial impact to this team.    

Not to get too far off topic, but remember the days when players only used Buffalo as a  negotiating standpoint?  KNOWING we would have to throw the bank at top level talent to even get them to entertain the idea of coming?  Only to wait til we threw the Brinks truck at em and then get a better offer elsewhere?  Long gone are those days...and I LOVE hearing so many players now say how much they want to come here, to a winner, to a top notch organization, with a culture of winning, success, family...we ARE the destination now....

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Desoto to College Station is more like a 2.5 hour drive. Never been to the A&M campus, but a 2.5 hour drive is still relatively close within the confines of TX. When I lived in Lubbock I had friends from the suburbs of Houston, which was a 9 hour drive away. That state is too big.

I live Andrews TX  maybe 90 miles from Lubbock 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

They are also criminally overly-talked-about. Please make it stop! 

Overrated team with a very overrated QB. Might be a hot take for some nfl fans but I can't stand how overly hyped Dak is when I've seen him have nothing but elite o line, rbs, and wr1s but never take over a game with his skills or lead his team with his arm talent over quality opponents. But yet he's always talked up as a top 10 qb that is always a superbowl contender.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Can't blame him since he is from the area but Cowboys didn't have the cap space so it never really progressed...

Glad he is a Bill now. Wonder how many "almosts" with key players teams get and miss out on that we never hear about...

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-von-miller-called-demarcus-ware-buffalo-bills-jerry-jones-free-agency-rumors-update

I'm sure there are thousands of 'almost' stories.  

I don't really care if Miller wanted to be a Cowboy.  In the end, he chose the Bills.  That's all that matters.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The man has demonstrated that he's completely into playing with incomprehensible velocity and feel.  That's what he brings. ... He wouldn't allow himself to not excel, no matter where he went.  ... Now he's a Bill.  .. I like it

Edited by Kornfed

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Dallas blows.  Have to go there Monday.

As a native WNYer who hates heat and doesn't love "the South," I actually really enjoyed my two years in Uptown Dallas when I was 30-32. Met some awesome people from all over, experienced significant snow/cold (for Texas, of course, but a snowman on a neighbor's patio survived for like 3-4 weeks) one winter, followed by over 30 consecutive days over 100 degrees the next summer. Lots of opportunity there, even during the great recession of 2008-2010. Very metropolitan without being too congested or overpriced. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Cowboys aren't bad, he probably just wants to win. I don't think he would have ended up on a Jacksonville/Texans type roster for any amount of money. If anything this means that an 11 year All Pro Vet that wants another ring views Buffalo as being as good of a destination as Dallas right now. Don't believe that was the case 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

Holy crap a guy at the top of his field with abundant choices for employment looked into going to his hometown. We’re doooomed. 

He's obviously not fully committed to this relationship and it hurts my heart.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.