Alternate Madden Covers

Gambit

So what does this mean? Is Madden on the cover and these 4 are just alternates? 

Or is there officially 4 players who get to say they are on the cover of Madden?

Not that it matters a ton, I am just curious. I wanted to buy it the year Josh gets it so I am confused.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Havent played Madden in close to twenty years.  Do they still have physical copies or is it all download?  If just download, why does the cover even matter? 

Still have physical copies. I haven't played madden in a long time either but i think when the player is on the cover there are special things in the game, like in the below video:

On 6/6/2022 at 2:00 PM, What a Tuel said:

So what does this mean? Is Madden on the cover and these 4 are just alternates? 

Or is there officially 4 players who get to say they are on the cover of Madden?

Not that it matters a ton, I am just curious. I wanted to buy it the year Josh gets it so I am confused.

Tuel, I think this is just the NFL playing around with the covers.  If it was from EA twitter I would speculate more about alternative covers, but it doesn't appear that way.

6 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Madden has been so cartoonishly bad lately that I haven't bought it in three years now... EA has ruined Madden, Battlefield and now FIFA.

I don't see why anyone preorders games anymore because you can't trust EA to make a decent game.

EOBF, you know what I never understood?

Madden is such a big deal for EA and it is yearly.  SO why just leave it up to EA Tiberon?  Why wouldn't they have another studio working on it, as well, and alternate every two years like Activision used to do with CoD?

They can learn from each other and it gives each studio two years to shape the game.

Silliness that they don't.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

On 6/8/2022 at 3:22 PM, dollars 2 donuts said:

Tuel, I think this is just the NFL playing around with the covers.  If it was from EA twitter I would speculate more about alternative covers, but it doesn't appear that way.

EOBF, you know what I never understood?

Madden is such a big deal for EA and it is yearly.  SO why just leave it up to EA Tiberon?  Why wouldn't they have another studio working on it, as well, and alternate every two years like Activision used to do with CoD?

They can learn from each other and it gives each studio two years to shape the game.

Silliness that they don't.

Ahhhh, that makes a ton more sense. I was pretty confused as I wasnt seeing anything else on it.

And you hit the nail on the head with the 2 studios. Probably not a huge investment to make your fanbase happy you are committed to improving the game, but they just want to milk the nfl money bag.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

Ahhhh, that makes a ton more sense. I was pretty confused as I wasnt seeing anything else on it.

And you hit the nail on the head with the 2 studios. Probably not a huge investment to make your fanbase happy you are committed to improving the game, but they just want to milk the nfl money bag.

Yeah, Tuel, also they just plain really ARE NOT making the game from scratch.  You don’t need as big a development team.

and who is anyone kidding, this is still a tremendous money maker for EA, especially with the micro transactions of MUT.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

• 2 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.