Your Top 3 Players from the "Drought Era" you'd add to the current roster

BigDingus

13 hours ago, njbuff said:

Eric Moulds.

Terrance McGee, starting opposite Tre and being a lethal KR.

Pat Williams in the middle.

Was wondering how long before Big Pat was mentioned. One of my first thoughts. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, eball said:

I see a lot of Jason Peters in this thread.  While he’s a stud and probably a HOFer, would he make this particular team that much better?  Dawkins is playing at a very high level.

Usually, stud and CERTAIN HOF Left tackles tend to make a team much better in the running game, and especially the passing game.

Otherwise, your post makes a good deal of sense. 🙄🤯🤨

24 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Would the current Bills beat a team made up of entirely drought players?  

Yes. Josh Allen is the difference.

16 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Prime Terrell Owens

Prime Fred Jackson

Brian Moorman

Yep, 49ers-era TO

Jason Peters

Either Nate Clements, Jabari Greer, or Terrence McGee. Nate was my fav so I’ll go with him.

I'm going to go with Spikes, Peters and Mario Williams. It was very tough to leave off Lee Evans, Moulds, Clements, Lynch, but with the current roster I think I would bolster the D-end position to create a dominant pair with Miller or trio with Miller and Rousseau. Have an stud 4 down LB that can play the run, pass and rush the passer, and then Peters to anchor, dominate and protect Allen.

I could easily be convinced to swap out a Moulds or Evans (whom I think would be unbelievable with Allen's arm) for the ones I picked, or even Clements and Lynch.

17 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Mario Williams for Rousseau

Dareus for whoever's playing next to Oliver

Jason Peters for Brown

My heart said Fred but my brain knows this is the best answer.

1 hour ago, eball said:

I see a lot of Jason Peters in this thread.  While he’s a stud and probably a HOFer, would he make this particular team that much better?  Dawkins is playing at a very high level.

For my money I’m going with players who are no-doubt difference-makers when compared to the current guys.

Nate Clements and Mario Williams are easy choices.  For my third I’ll address my biggest concern for the season and go with Brian Moorman.

Brian Moorman a no doubt difference maker????

3 hours ago, eball said:

For my money I’m going with players who are no-doubt difference-makers when compared to the current guys.

Nate Clements and Mario Williams are easy choices.  For my third I’ll address my biggest concern for the season and go with Brian Moorman.

Adding Peters pushes Dawkins to LG and takes an average OL to a great one.

Clements over Winfield? In this defense Winfield would seem to he the perfect CB.

I chose Schobel over Maro Williams but Williams at his prime was better than Schobel. Schobel was just more consistent over a longer period of time for the Bills. Plus he and Ruben Brown lead my short list of most underrated Bills of all time.

18 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Kyle Orton as our backup QB. Stevie Johnson in front of everyone else after Diggs and Davis at WR. Clements at CB 2 just bc of the Brady hit. 🤷‍♂️

Kyle Orton? I’ll never forget him starting a slide three yards behind marker when there was no one within ten yards.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

I think the "long time apologist that credited the Bills for trading that ingrate Peters" is showing. :lol:

Peters is the only sure-fire HOF'er the Bills drafted or developed during the drought...........and the 2021 Bills OL undermined what should have been a championship season last year.........arguably single-handedly with their 125 combined pressures and sacks.      I know some people think that 34 year old Rodger Saffold has somehow flipped them from bad to good but that's simply illogical.

Jason Peters

Mario Williams

Marcell Dareus

The HOF'er and the two guys who had the most dominant seasons of any Bills during the drought.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Pray tell.....in your mind Fitz is replacing Josh????????  In what reality does this exist?

In Bills Fandom, this sort of thing is common.

It's the same thinking that had most of this board thinking "this will finally be our year" each year of the draught.

LMAO

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Byrd has a great highlight reel of INTs, but I'm not sure I'd want him to replace Hyde or Poyer.

I wouldn’t either. However, one could make an argument for Byrd if McD and Frazier would switch the base to a big nickel. He’d certainly add size and splash plays. 

Speaking of splash plays…..

Terrance McGee. Could play outside and slot cb. Electric returner that was a threat to take any interception, FR, PR, or KR to the house. I’d take Winfield over McGee all day, but if we’re going pure center of the drought remembered for one team guy McGee fits the Bill. Dude could flip the momentum of a game at any moment. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.