Davis Webb on Danny Dimes - hardest working and smartest Qb he’s ever been around

YoloinOhio

There's a thing in psychology called the "Pygmalion Effect."  Often if you treat people like winners, they become winners.  If you treat people like losers, they become losers.

One thing I've read about Webb is he acts like a coach.  And here it seems like he's doing what coaches sometimes have to do: build a guy up mentally.   I don't know who was interviewing Webb when he made those comments, but I think the real intended audience was Jones - and maybe Jones' teammates to build up their confidence in their QB.  

I don't think Webb was spouting out his deeply held convictions.  He was talking for effect. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Davis Webb is the new PFF

Webb will say anything to stay on a roster, so yeah, PFF…,

It was a silly thing to say (saying "he's a hard worker and smart" would have sufficed and caused far less/no ridicule).  But who cares what Davis Webb has to say anyway?  The guy has never appeared in an NFL game where he wasn't given some token kneel-downs.

I think Danny Dimes can make a career in the NFL, he was over drafted, but he does have the tools.  He’s been given a garbage situation to deal with.  He’s probably more of a high end back up than starter, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see him make some major progress towards solidifying himself as a mid level starter this year.   Allen looked like a bust after year 2 and that’s really where Jones is considering the injury last year.  Year 3 has traditionally been the break out year for QBs.  I still feel like he has a shot to come into his own.

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

No kidding guys.

Perhaps you missed the part of the post that read:

In no way am I saying Jones was anywhere as good as QBX but it really goes to show how the position is viewed and played today.

All I'm saying is he's not awful. I'd probably take him over Tua, Wilson, Hineike and Mills.

He isnt awful but I'm just not sure he is actually good either...might be one of those guys that makes a few good plays every game but also makes a few boneheaded plays that will frustrate the coach too.

53 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I think Danny Dimes can make a career in the NFL, he was over drafted, but he does have the tools.  He’s been given a garbage situation to deal with.  He’s probably more of a high end back up than starter, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see him make some major progress towards solidifying himself as a mid level starter this year.   Allen looked like a bust after year 2 and that’s really where Jones is considering the injury last year.  Year 3 has traditionally been the break out year for QBs.  I still feel like he has a shot to come into his own.

Lol @ josh looking like a bust after year 2

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

No kidding guys.

Perhaps you missed the part of the post that read:

In no way am I saying Jones was anywhere as good as QBX but it really goes to show how the position is viewed and played today.

All I'm saying is he's not awful. I'd probably take him over Tua, Wilson, Hineike and Mills.

I get it and I agree, I just believe if you’re not winning games BECAUSE of your QB then it doesn’t matter if he’s better than Tua or Mills.

Im not even saying he can’t be better, maybe he can but he certainly needs to be or they’re drafting his replacement.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Lol @ josh looking like a bust after year 2

A guy averaging 190 yards on 58% completions, not to mention atrocious ball security, he was looking like what he was in college, an athlete that got to play QB, not much more.  Year 3, it clicked and he became the JA we see now.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.