Davis Webb on Danny Dimes - hardest working and smartest Qb he’s ever been around

YoloinOhio

On 6/3/2022 at 4:13 PM, Greg S said:

I don't know what to make of Jones. The Giants OL is trash so that doesn't help but he neither looks like he can be "the guy" or a scrub either. He seems average. He isn't a Schoen or Daboll pick and I believe the Giants didn't pick up his option. This is a big year for him otherwise I see the Giants moving on from him next year.

What you see is what you get.   He is a guy with all the physical tools and none of the intangibles to be a Franchise QB.   He will have a long career as a backup, probably eek out a few starter type seasons, but its obvious at this point what he is.

• Agree 1

On 6/3/2022 at 4:13 PM, Greg S said:

I don't know what to make of Jones. The Giants OL is trash so that doesn't help but he neither looks like he can be "the guy" or a scrub either. He seems average. He isn't a Schoen or Daboll pick and I believe the Giants didn't pick up his option. This is a big year for him otherwise I see the Giants moving on from him next year.

I think Jones will prove to be a high end back up QB some day in the future and maybe even a low end starter. 

22 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He isnt awful but I'm just not sure he is actually good either...might be one of those guys that makes a few good plays every game but also makes a few boneheaded plays that will frustrate the coach too.

Jones is such an weird guy. He is very talented and makes some great plays and then he just does something dumb or a weird throw. I think he can be a replacement level starter. I could see him being like Trubisky and going to be a placeholder for a team. 

Maybe Daboll fixes him, but I doubt it 

If he works harder than Josh, then props to him.

Josh totally re-invented himself from a highly flawed prospect given little chance to succeed, to in the convo for best QB in the league. That never happens. DJ has shown no such ascension so far.

EJ Manuel was also "smart, and a hard worker", according to reports.

Edited by KHAN

On 6/3/2022 at 5:49 PM, transient said:

OK, but Tua's impressing in Miami. Tyreek Hill thinks he has the prettiest balls of anyone he's ever played with.

Well, it is gay pride month.

11 hours ago, KHAN said:

If he works harder than Josh, then props to him.

Josh totally re-invented himself from a highly flawed prospect given little chance to succeed, to in the convo for best QB in the league. That never happens. DJ has shown no such ascension so far.

EJ Manuel was also "smart, and a hard worker", according to reports.

Seems like the same things were said about Nate Peterman

On 6/3/2022 at 1:03 PM, billsbackto81 said:

I'm sure he's smart, he went to Duke didn't he?

Jeez! What do you want him to say? 

He's a scrub, it's no surprise his option wasn't picked up.

He never said most talented did he?

Who are you mad at here?

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Who are you mad at here?

Who's mad?

Simply stating the obvious. Webb sticking up for his current team mate just like he did while he was here. 

If I had to be mad I guess it would be with PFT for putting out click bait garbage to trigger Bills fans.

Edited by billsbackto81

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.