Davis Webb on Danny Dimes - hardest working and smartest Qb he’s ever been around

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, eball said:

Hard working and smart only gets you so far in the NFL.  At some point the athletic talents need to take over.

Dude has serious wheels...he almost went 80 yards for a TD until that turf reached up and made the tackle a few yards short...

https://youtu.be/DglNt4836Q0

Edited by Big Turk

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

I don't know what to make of Jones. The Giants OL is trash so that doesn't help but he neither looks like he can be "the guy" or a scrub either. He seems average. He isn't a Schoen or Daboll pick and I believe the Giants didn't pick up his option. This is a big year for him otherwise I see the Giants moving on from him next year.

Was there ever OL that was worse than what Allen had as a rookie?

Yet, with that putrid OL, Allen didn't have a losing record as a rookie in games he started and finished.

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

You'll notice that he didn't say best...

On the bright side, he didn’t mention that he sews his own clothes. 

As they say down here…..”bless his heart!” 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

“In conclusion, if he continues to look like he has the first 3 years it will be due to a complete absence of talent. And possibly ***** terrible coaching” …*holds finger to ear* “What’s that? Joe Judge is working with Mac Jones now?”

I don’t care if 1980’s Bill Walsh was working with Mac Jones, he’d still stink. 

I'm not a fan, but I'll be fair. He's not a "bad" QB. Overdrafted and thrown into a QB1 position on a team with limited talent. If he had played in the 90's he'd be borderline Pro Bowl caliber.  I.E.

2019 Daniel Jones

13 games/ 3027 yds, 24 TD's 12 INTs, 61.9 comp rate

1990 QBX

14 games/ 2829 yds, 24 TD's 9 INTs, 63.1 comp rate/ Pro Bowl selection and AFC SB representative. And he had a very talent laden roster to work with.

Can you guess who QBX is?😂 He's a HOF'er.

In no way am I saying Jones was anywhere as good as QBX but it really goes to show how the position is viewed and played today.

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'm sure he's smart, he went to Duke didn't he?

Jeez! What do you want him to say? 

He's a scrub, it's no surprise his option wasn't picked up.

He never said most talented did he?

I think Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes and Eli Manning will have objections on the "Hardest Working" part.    

He is trying to cheer his new teammate...and that is OK

Yeah, and Tua is impressing in Miami… I still chuckle when I hear that….

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Dude has serious wheels...he almost went 80 yards for a TD until that turf reached up and made the tackle a few yards short...

https://youtu.be/DglNt4836Q0

Zach Wilson went like 70 yards for a TD too 

You honestly don't need "serious" wheels... You need a bit of a break and to hit the corner with clean long strides

Josh has the speed to do it , but the circumstances for it to happen are very very rare in the NFL

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'm not a fan, but I'll be fair. He's not a "bad" QB. Overdrafted and thrown into a QB1 position on a team with limited talent. If he had played in the 90's he'd be borderline Pro Bowl caliber.  I.E.

2019 Daniel Jones

1990 QBX

14 games/ 2829 yds, 24 TD's 9 INTs, 63.1 comp rate/ Pro Bowl selection and AFC SB representative. And he had a very talent laden roster to work with.

In no way am I saying Jones was anywhere as good as QBX but it really goes to show how the position is viewed and played today.

But those numbers don’t make for a franchise QB in 2022, so unless Daniel Jones has a hot tub time machine, he’s going to need to be much better or they’re drafting his replacement.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

2019 Daniel Jones

1990 QBX

Comparing apples and oranges with stats. Two different eras, one of which the rules were tilted very heavily to favor the offense and one of which was not.

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

7 hours ago, ajmac said:

Code for…dude doesn’t have talent, but he’s damn smart and hard working.

Sounds like he couldn’t think of anything good to say about his talent…😂😂

7 hours ago, eball said:

Hard working and smart only gets you so far in the NFL.  At some point the athletic talents need to take over.

1 hour ago, julian said:

But those numbers don’t make for a franchise QB in 2022, so unless Daniel Jones has a hot tub time machine, he’s going to need to be much better or they’re drafting his replacement.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Comparing apples and oranges with stats. Two different eras, one of which the rules were tilted very heavily to favor the offense and one of which was not.

No kidding guys.

Perhaps you missed the part of the post that read:

In no way am I saying Jones was anywhere as good as QBX but it really goes to show how the position is viewed and played today.

All I'm saying is he's not awful. I'd probably take him over Tua, Wilson, Hineike and Mills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.