Davis Webb on Danny Dimes - hardest working and smartest Qb he’s ever been around

YoloinOhio

Webb, who signed with the Giants four months ago and has been working with Jones, said he’s never seen a quarterback with Jones’s work ethic.

He’s the hardest-working quarterback I’ve been around,’’ Webb said, via the New York Post. “He’s probably the smartest quarterback I’ve been around.’’ 

Webb is expecting Jones to take a big step in Year Four.

“He has really good questions in meetings, takes really good notes, he’s always looking to improve, weight room, practice field, meeting room, he’s just all in, and it’s fun to have a teammate like that,’’ Webb said. “Cares that much and brings the most out of his teammates. He’s a dang good football player. I think he’s gonna have his best year.’’ 

Even if he has his best year, it’s hard to believe Jones will have the kind of year to justify comparisons to Manning, Allen or Mahomes.

k GIF

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 21

I don't know what to make of Jones. The Giants OL is trash so that doesn't help but he neither looks like he can be "the guy" or a scrub either. He seems average. He isn't a Schoen or Daboll pick and I believe the Giants didn't pick up his option. This is a big year for him otherwise I see the Giants moving on from him next year.

• Like (+1) 2

“In conclusion, if he continues to look like he has the first 3 years it will be due to a complete absence of talent. And possibly ***** terrible coaching” …*holds finger to ear* “What’s that? Joe Judge is working with Mac Jones now?”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

He’s on the Giants now.  What’s he supposed to say other than finding ways to be positive, but not comparing the skill sets of Allen or Mahomes to him.  Mahomes and Allen know it and they understand code for finding something positive to say.  Besides Webb is the clip board king.  He’ll be a QB coach one day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.