Bills signing Tavon Austin

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The legend grows… akin to the Jauron off-season days and dreams of certain scrub late round picks developing into great players…

Thats not exactly a fair assessment. 

Tavon Austin isn’t Isaiah Hodgins.  He’s, arguably, the most electric college player ever. 

He has talent.  The question for him is.. Is he washed?.. or is there still potential for him to be unlocked in this Offense?

30 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He’s 31, it’s his 6th team in 5 years and the dude was in college 10 years ago…. I’m honestly surprised people are talking this guy up but like I said, this is the same board where fans actually thought those Jauron led teams had a shot to compete for the division 😅

All I am saying is that if he's ever going to realize his potential it's going to be with Josh Allen. Allen turned Beasley into a first team All Pro

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

The legend grows… akin to the Jauron off-season days and dreams of certain scrub late round picks developing into great players…

God forbid someone saying something positive about a high effort guy putting his best foot forward to try to contribute.  Everyone should realize, like you do,  that 2022 is just like the Jauron era.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Crowder is going to be an upgrade from Beasley, IMO...

Beasley's top 4 years prior to coming here were:

833 yards

672 yards

536 yards

420 yards

Crowder's top 4 seasons were:

847 yards

833 yards

789 yards 
699 yards

Crowder also averages a full yard more per catch than Beasley does(11.3 to 10.3)

The biggest difference in ability, is availability. Beasley was a warrior, always out there. Seems like crowder has injury bug, let's hope our state of art facility/staff makes a difference for him

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The biggest difference in ability, is availability. Beasley was a warrior, always out there. Seems like crowder has injury bug, let's hope our state of art facility/staff makes a difference for him

Agreed...would like to think the Bills state of the art sports science should help in this regard.  There is a reason why they have always been in the top 5 fewest man games lost to injury since McD has been here

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Expecting a journeyman JAG in this league to be a key contributor to this offense is extreme wishful thinking but all good, JMO. 

Wasn't that McKenzie before he came here?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Expecting a journeyman JAG in this league to be a key contributor to this offense is extreme wishful thinking but all good, JMO. 

He played on the packers in 2020 and couldn’t do jack ***** with Rodgers. 

Again I’m just confused why people expect anything significant out of this dude.

No one is expecting.  Just intrigued and not outright dismissing the possibility.  

He’s 31, it’s his 6th team in 5 years and the dude was in college 10 years ago…. I’m honestly surprised people are talking this guy up but like I said, this is the same board where fans actually thought those Jauron led teams had a shot to compete for the division 😅

The people that have been watching him in practice have been talking him up.  Those same people have been talking about how OJ Howard looks meh.  They aren’t just saying nice things because they’re on the Bills.  They’re saying nice things because he’s looked good in OTA’s.  

Some are drinking the offseason koolaid.  Some posters are doing what they always do, poop on the koolaid drinkers.  It’s a vicious cycle kept alive by you.  Thanks for your poop

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Again I’m just confused why people expect anything significant out of this dude.

Nobody is expecting him to be a key contributor though. 

Diggs is WR1

Davis is WR2

Crowder is the Slot

Knox is TE1

Singletary is RB1

Cook is RB2/WR

We’re now six deep in contributors before we get to a point where, maybe, Tavon Austin can carve out a role if he makes the team.  

• Like (+1) 1

He wasn’t asked to. He wasn’t even on their roster to start the season. He was signed after being IR’d by the 49ers who released him with an injury settlement halfway through the season. The Packers picked him up to return kicks and punts as their returner went to IR…. 

I’m not expecting much from the guy as a receiver at this point of his career. If he can reliably field kicks, avoid turf monster fumbles, and keep Hyde from being McD’s safety blanket that’ll do. Anything extra is a bonus.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

All I am saying is that if he's ever going to realize his potential it's going to be with Josh Allen. Allen turned Beasley into a first team All Pro

No he made Beas a 2nd team all pro, in a year when 1 vote was enough to make 2nd team all pro. Fluke.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Austin was signed to fill in the role Sanders was playing, the upside is he's a few years younger and has more speed. I think he makes the team over Kumerow. He's looked good in practices the last few days. 

Health is the equalizer. Players who cannot stay on field are harmful to the team and our good young players who get picked up by other teams.

On 6/16/2022 at 8:57 AM, Big Turk said:

Additionally, Austin came into the league right before offenses really embraced the pre snap movement/shuffle pass throws (think how we use McKenzie) that have become so popular, and that style suits his skill set. If Austin was just entering the league again, I think he’d see more success and be utilized more effectively. 

That doesn’t mean it will work out here though, but as you said, working with Josh Allen is about as good of a chance as he can get. Also, if you watch his interview, the guy has such a great mindset and perspective on football and his career. Great for the locker room. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, extrahammer said:

Austin was signed to fill in the role Sanders was playing, the upside is he's a few years younger and has more speed. 

7 hours ago, Tanoros said:

If Austin was just entering the league again, I think he’d see more success and be utilized more effectively. 

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

I want this guy to finally be the best version of himself so bad...

Imagine unearthing an ALL-PRO level WR late in his career, again!

These gems are from 3 of the last 4 posts about a washed-up water-bug scrap-heap pickup.

The deeper you get into the offseason.........the crazier the ideas that people will talk themselves into.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

These gems are from 3 of the last 4 posts about a washed-up water-bug scrap-heap pickup.

The deeper you get into the offseason.........the crazier the ideas that people will talk themselves into.

It's only week-one of the longest, five and a half week, black hole of the offseason before training camp.

Buckle up.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.