Bills signing Tavon Austin

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, Beerball said:

Can you link a few of those? I see Settle mentioned frequently, one Saffold mention but I haven't found any for Crowder.

There are a fair amount of articles regarding Crowder as a smart fantasy pick. (Here's one: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jamison-crowder-dynasty-profile-2022/ ). In my opinion, if Crowder gets the kind of role Beasley had, he'll have a career high year.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/11/2022 at 5:28 PM, Mr. WEO said:

everyone was high on “Smoke” after one above average season.  Sanders was hyped here at this time last year too.  Austin might a decent WR 6

Brown had a made some great plays his 1st season as Bills. But he quickly lost something on the way with injuries
Sanders is another story with hype coming in. Not sure how I felt him though.
Austin may only have one good year for the Bills. Lets hope for that though :)

• Like (+1) 2

Austin is considered an OG to NFL players.  There isnt a skill player in the league who hasnt watched his college highlights. Do I think he will be all pro or have a massive year?  No.  A few games he makes a play or is productive for a game or to? I do.  

16 minutes ago, Beerball said:

What about reality sites? 

His numbers match those of pre Allen Beasley.   There are only a handful of teams who can utilize the slot like Buffalo.  Crowder was arguably a better slot FA than Beasley this offseason.  

7 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

Agree with the Kumarow point. Bringing in OJ Howard & Drafting James Cook to me changes  the landscape of our offense in general. I personally think JA17 will see significant growth in completion %, YAC, & overall throw for more yards than in the past. Without throwing more often. I see a much more proficient offense this year. I personally would like to bring Manny Sanders back at a reduced role & salary      ( 50% less plays & salary) . Great  in the WR room as a professional & insurance from an injury to Diggs or Gabe. 

I can’t see keeping Crowder, McKenzie & Austin. If Austin is kept move McKenzie to the Giants for whatever fair compensation is. Love lil’ Dirty but too many smurfs. 

Don't get too excited about OJ Howard........he reportedly looked washed in OTA's.    Couldn't get open.   No burst out of his breaks.  Which is consistent with what some of the Tampa Bay observers were saying about him.   

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Reportedly according to who? I haven't seen him mentioned in any of the OTA reports.

Matt Parrino said it on his show

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed… I would just hate to see Davis or Diggs go down in a playoff game and have to rely on Kumerow to play meaningful offensive snaps. 

Austin blows. 

I’m not saying that he doesn’t blow….. he might.  I wouldn’t know because I haven’t watched his tape in recent years.  But you have I take it? Or do you just think he blows because stats say so?  If you’ve watched him, why does he blow?  My guess would be that “He lost a step” will be your made up guess, as you haven’t watched him either. 

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He’s a poor mans McKenzie at this point… He’s fallen off the past two years and never really offered much outside of speed to begin with so that’s why I say he blows. 

Ok, so you really have no clue.  I figured you were just being negative because that’s what you do.  I was right.

It would be my guess that you haven’t seen him play since we played @ Rams in 2016.  

• Agree 1

Diggs

Davis

Mckenzie

Shakir

Crowder vs Austin

Kumerow, Stevenson, Hodgins, Gentry.

I think Crowder and Austin are fighting for one spot. The others for the last one.  

Kumerow being 30 is a real disadvantage for him, they'll want to keep a developmental prospect.

Hodgins has a disadvantage because  Sweeney has a similar skill set at TE, plus he can't stay healthy.

Stevenens speed is tempting.

Stevenson and Austin can also sneak on as returners, which helps them win a spot as WR6, and maybe as WR7

Edited by unbillievable

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Reportedly according to who? I haven't seen him mentioned in any of the OTA reports.

Parrino last week.   It was a bit of discouraging news that matched the scouting report from the former Tampa guy who came on Marino's podcast to talk about him right after he signed.

6 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Diggs

Davis

Mckenzie

Shakir

Crowder vs Austin

Kumerow, Stevenson, Hodgins, Gentry.

I think Crowder and Austin are fighting for one spot. The others for the last one.  

Kumerow being 30 is a real disadvantage for him, they'll want to keep a developmental prospect.

Hodgins has a disadvantage because  Sweeney has a similar skill set at TE, plus he can't stay healthy.

Stevenens speed is tempting.

Stevenson and Austin can also sneak on as returners, which helps them win a spot as WR6, and maybe as WR7

Kumarow plays on most fourth downs he has the best chance to stick. 

On 6/12/2022 at 8:02 AM, Beerball said:

Can you link a few of those? I see Settle mentioned frequently, one Saffold mention but I haven't found any for Crowder.

Here is a local one.

https://www.audible.com/pd/Who-is-under-the-radar-Bills-free-agent-addition-How-will-Von-Miller-improve-defense-Jamison-Crowder-possibilities-more-with-Eric-Wood-Podcast/B09W66C63B

I saw a lot of Fantasy sites say there will likely be no drop off from Beasley to Crowder. Claiming they have a similar play style. Not exactly saying "under the radar" but Beasley was very productive for us. Here is one of those tweets I saw at the time of the signing. 

Joe Beldner

@JoeBeldner

·

Apr 10

Do not underestimate the role that Jamison Crowder can carve out with the Bills. He is taking over the slot role, previously had by Cole Beasley. Crowder can become a target monster in this role. Beasley had 10 double-digit target games in the last 2 seasons.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He played for the Cowboys in 2019 and we played them then and I actually watch the rest of the league unlike a lot fans on this board who strictly watch Bills football…. I’d be surprised if he makes the roster. 

They’ll need an upgrade to Sweeney if Howard flames out. Sweeney is a scrub.

Yeah….those 19 snaps he had vs the Bills that game said it all.  I’m sure you watched a bunch of jags games last year or caught most of his 30 snaps in 2020. Marc Lamont Hill Wtf GIF by Identity

Austin appears to have turned some heads in mini camp -- and Josh has been singing his praises talking about his work ethic, leadership, etc. I think he has a very good chance of sticking. Just looking as the numbers, I do not see why not. Assuming that they go with the the same number of WRs as last season...

Safe to assume that these guys are back in their 2021 roles:

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

Beasley and Sanders are gone and ostensibly replaced by:

Crowder

Austin*

Shakir was a mid-range draft pick that the front office was very high on.  I could see him taking Stevenson's spot on the roster.

So that is 6 -- plus Kumerow, who was the #7 WR last year. Kumerow is a big part of special teams but I could see him being pushed by

Stevenson, Hodgins and Gentry.

Edited by 2003Contenders

On 6/13/2022 at 9:32 AM, dje85 said:

Here is a local one.

https://www.audible.com/pd/Who-is-under-the-radar-Bills-free-agent-addition-How-will-Von-Miller-improve-defense-Jamison-Crowder-possibilities-more-with-Eric-Wood-Podcast/B09W66C63B

I saw a lot of Fantasy sites say there will likely be no drop off from Beasley to Crowder. Claiming they have a similar play style. Not exactly saying "under the radar" but Beasley was very productive for us. Here is one of those tweets I saw at the time of the signing. 

Joe Beldner

@JoeBeldner

·

Apr 10

Do not underestimate the role that Jamison Crowder can carve out with the Bills. He is taking over the slot role, previously had by Cole Beasley. Crowder can become a target monster in this role. Beasley had 10 double-digit target games in the last 2 seasons.

Crowder is going to be an upgrade from Beasley, IMO...

Beasley's top 4 years prior to coming here were:

833 yards

672 yards

536 yards

420 yards

Crowder's top 4 seasons were:

847 yards

833 yards

789 yards 
699 yards

Crowder also averages a full yard more per catch than Beasley does(11.3 to 10.3)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.