Bills signing Tavon Austin

YoloinOhio

On 6/3/2022 at 2:42 PM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I remember quite well. It’s the year we took EJ Manuel another disappointment.

We traded down with the Rams and took EJ. The Rams took Tavon Austin. The circle is now complete.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 6/3/2022 at 10:06 AM, HappyDays said:

I searched Tavon Austin's age yesterday and a bunch of other WR ages popped up. The most shocking one I saw is that Laquon Treadwell is only 26. By my calculation that means he's been a bust since he was 16.

Maybe he went to school in the Dominican Republic?

On 6/2/2022 at 9:45 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Yes--year 10 is the typical breakout season for 1st round WRs!

So he went with the 32 year old journeyman for this?

Josh Allen, need I say More.

RUN Forrest RUN 

speed we need

I think McDermot really wants a return guy he can trust which is why he went to Hyde at the end of the year.  The message seems to be, "fair catch, take a knew, don't return for a single yard ever and it's fine.  Just don't F it up.  With our offense, I think I agree.  We can make up the yards as long as we don't turn it over.  With Austin's experience I could see him providing the sure hands that McDermott wanted with the added bonus of actually being able to gain some return yards.

9 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

I think McDermot really wants a return guy he can trust which is why he went to Hyde at the end of the year.  The message seems to be, "fair catch, take a knew, don't return for a single yard ever and it's fine.  Just don't F it up.  With our offense, I think I agree.  We can make up the yards as long as we don't turn it over.  With Austin's experience I could see him providing the sure hands that McDermott wanted with the added bonus of actually being able to gain some return yards.

I miss having a dangerous returner though like Terrence McGee or Roscoe Parrish. 

On 6/5/2022 at 1:37 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

We traded down with the Rams and took EJ. The Rams took Tavon Austin. The circle is now complete.

I had a random thought whilst pondering this subject. We don't look so bad now, do we?....signed  Doug Whaley and Russ Brandon.

I'm sorry, I had the Brown's situation going on in my mind. Note to self, don't need a whole Gummy.

Edited by nosejob
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nosejob said:

I had a random thought whilst pondering this subject. We don't look so bad now, do we?....signed  Doug Whaley and Russ Brandon.

I'm sorry, I had the Brown's situation going on in my mind. Note to self, don't need a whole Gummy.

Must be one hell of a Gummy.

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Even though he's tripled washed.....and then some at this point..........he probably has a shot at being a year-long practice squad player with the league keeping them expanded again.    Not a $6M man any longer but maybe a $200K man still.     And the Bills are no longer one of the deeper receiver groups in the NFL anymore.    It's Diggs, Davis and a bunch of slots and ST's only's.   So his competition might be an unavailability expert like Isaiah Hodgins.  

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Even though he's tripled washed.....and then some at this point..........he probably has a shot at being a year-long practice squad player with the league keeping them expanded again.    Not a $6M man any longer but maybe a $200K man still.     And the Bills are no longer one of the deeper receiver groups in the NFL anymore.    It's Diggs, Davis and a bunch of slots and ST's only's.   So his competition might be an unavailability expert like Isaiah Hodgins.  

You're mean. 

But I needed to read that. I need to stop even considering Hodgins a potential sleeper (given that first camp when he was possibly ahead of Davis for a minute). In completely related news: it was reported today that Hodgins is in fact currently on the shelf in OTAs. Oof.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

You're mean. 

But I needed to read that. I need to stop even considering Hodgins a potential sleeper (given that first camp when he was possibly ahead of Davis for a minute). In completely related news: it was reported today that Hodgins is in fact currently on the shelf in OTAs. Oof.

At this point he probably has a better chance of becoming an orthopedic surgeon than an NFL starter.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.