Bills signing Tavon Austin

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am still holding out hope for the 2020 Isaiah Hogins to get healthy and make the roster

Hodgins was a slot guy in college and was a size mismatch, his biggest issue in the NFL will be speed and while 40 time doesn't matter but speed and separation do count for that and not sure how much he'll have. 

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yes, but we’re not deep at WR and we’re broke. So…🤷‍♂️

Probably just wait and see how these guys do.  If someone gets hurt, restructure someone’s contract if there’s still anyone worthwhile available.  

39 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Diggs (Outside)

Davis (Outside)

Crowder (Slot)

Makensi (Slot)

Shakir (Outside/KR/PR)

Kumerow (Outside/ST)

Austin (KR/PR/Slot)

7 guys. Done.

It took me awhile to figure out who Makensi is...LOL

At 1st I asking myself when did we sign Makensi

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Hodgins was a slot guy in college and was a size mismatch, his biggest issue in the NFL will be speed and while 40 time doesn't matter but speed and separation do count for that and not sure how much he'll have. 

Only like 25% of his college catches came from the slot. Because of his size and hands, he can certainly work inside and that is most certainly a value add. But I don't think he is a slot receiver in the traditional sense that a guy like Beasley was. He isn't a guy that will line up 85% of the time inside. IMO he is the perfect guy to be your 3rd or 4th outside WR and also be able to kick inside in certain packages and situations. 

I am being sort of sarcastic about Hodgins in general because he did have one great camp before he caught the injury bug. But also I really don't love our depth on the outside and would love somebody to be better than Kumerow. Also we will have to get pretty good at developing WR in the draft with the Allen and Diggs contracts. 

1 hour ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Diggs (Outside)

Davis (Outside)

Crowder (Slot)

Makensi (Slot)

Shakir (Outside/KR/PR)

Kumerow (Outside/ST)

Austin (KR/PR/Slot)

7 guys. Done.

Why list Shakir as outside/KR/PR and not slot?  

His best position is Slot.  While he’s currently our 3rd best outside WR (because we don’t have any other true outside guys that don’t suck) and we already have 2 slot WRs but he’s likely to be our starting slot WR in 2023 and still has to prove he can play the outside in the nfl.  I think he can pull it off, but adding a true outside guy would be smart.  

9 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Didn't the Bills trade that #10 pick to the Rams? Traded down to #13 and took EJ Manuel.

The extra 2nd round pick brought Robert Woods - or was it Kiko?

Rams traded up to the Bills spot at 8 to get Austin,  Bills got EJ, think it was at 15 or 16, then took Kiko with the Rams second round pick and Woods with their own 

As others have pointed out, we continue to be shallow at outside WR. If Diggs or Davis go down, we’ll be pushing a slot guy (McKenzie, Shakir) to the outside.

At this point, I’m not sure much can be done about it. I’ve repeatedly suggested that TY Hilton would be a good addition. Not only would he provide outside depth, he would also add a downfield speed dimension that could help this offense. It would certainly seem that the Bills won’t be adding Hilton. Other than him, who’s still out there?

Just cross your fingers on Diggs and Davis staying healthy, I guess.

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Why list Shakir as outside/KR/PR and not slot?  

His best position is Slot.  While he’s currently our 3rd best outside WR (because we don’t have any other true outside guys that don’t suck) and we already have 2 slot WRs but he’s likely to be our starting slot WR in 2023 and still has to prove he can play the outside in the nfl.  I think he can pull it off, but adding a true outside guy would be smart.  

Seems to be a logjam there, and if there was an injury to Davis or Diggs I'd say he would be the guy before Kumerow

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So he went with the 32 year old journeyman for this?

I'm just trying to make sense of it, that's all he brings to the table is speed and experience so dorsey obviously wants more speed options. I don't see him making the 53 but dorsey must want speed enough to kick the tires on Austin.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.