Taron Johnson Ranked 4th Best Slot CB by a Website

this one:

4. TARON JOHNSON, BUFFALO BILLS

Johnson has shown immense growth these last couple of years. Since 2020, he owns a top-10 slot coverage grade and ranks third with 25 passing stops. The 5-foot-11, 192-pound corner is a smooth operator in zone coverage, playing with good balance and sure-fire tackling. He also owns the third-lowest missed tackle rate in zone from the slot over the last two seasons — just five misses on 76 attempts.

His play led to a much-deserved contract extension at the beginning of the 2021 season, giving Buffalo one of the top slot corners for the next few years. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-slot-cornerback-rankings-tiers-2022

Stud.

• Like (+1) 3

Sounds like we just might have a knack for identifying and developing DB’s. Who knew?    🤷‍♂️

….OK, almost anybody paying any attention. 

Should we start a thread with a poll on who you might want to replace McD?   :)

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

Sounds like we just might have a knack for identifying and developing DB’s. Who knew?    🤷‍♂️

….OK, almost anybody paying any attention. 

Should we start a thread with a poll on who you might want to replace McD?   :)

Augster always the joker.  That was funny.

TJ was excellent the last couple of years.  I think that was a very fair ranking.  Tre has been superb to the point where WB’s were always looking for Levi last couple of years.

With the way we develop DB’s and the mentorships Elam will have with Tre, Hyde, Poyer, and TJ, he should flourish early in his career.

TD, thanks for the catch.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

There are 3 slot corners better than him? 

I think Moore and Hilton are better, slightly. That’s not a slight on Taron.  Those guys are really good.  Not sure about Jones.  Doesn’t seem like Belichick would agree about Jones being better as he just drafted Marcus Jones, who I think is slot only.  

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

I think Moore and Hilton are better, slightly. That’s not a slight on Taron.  Those guys are really good.  Not sure about Jones.  Doesn’t seem like Belichick would agree about Jones being better as he just drafted Marcus Jones, who I think is slot only.  

Well plus Belichick knows he has to play teams like the Bills twice a year, Jonathan is coming off injury, and the Pats lost JC Jackson.  So, he probably figures they need extra help at CB altogether.

3 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Well plus Belichick knows he has to play teams like the Bills twice a year, Jonathan is coming off injury, and the Pats lost JC Jackson.  So, he probably figures they need extra help at CB altogether.

Yeah they need lots of help @ CB.  Just strange that the 1st corner he took was a midget slot guy.  Maybe he really values his return potential.  Idk.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.