What position concerns you the most?

BillMafia716ix

6 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Daryl Williams was paid 8 million a year when the top guys get over 20 now l, he was not even top 25 in pay for tackles. Cousins is the 9th highest paid QB and plays as about 15th. The only good comparison is Haynesworth who everyone wanted but was a head case and that was 12 years ago.

They were just a few examples off the tops of my head... And Cousins was highest at the time of his first contract with Minn

On March 15, 2018, Cousins signed with the Minnesota Vikings on a fully guaranteed three-year contract worth $84 million.[88] This is the first fully guaranteed and, as of signing, highest paying contract in NFL history.

On 6/2/2022 at 3:49 PM, Success said:

I'm still a little concerned about the running game. We don't have that goal-line/3rd & short bruiser.

It would be nice if Moss has a rebound season. He was supposed to be that bruiser back.  He had some good runs last season.  I was not aware he was dealing with an injury until Beane's end of year press conference.  If it was known I missed it.  Singletary and Cook are locks.  I suspect they will keep Jones another year. That leaves one roster spot for Moss vs Johnson.  I'd rather they get rid of Jones and keep both Moss and Johnson but knowing this staff I don;t think that will happen.  My hunch is Moss wins the third RB spot and Johnson is a training camp cut.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, stuvian said:

If Josh is our short yardage runner again he'll be out by week 12

What makes you say that? Allen is a beast and has proven he can get the tough yards in crucial situations. Sure additionally help is definelty wanted. I love when the ball is in Allen's hands. His legs and elusiveness are an asset. Lastly, he's proven his toughness and his ability to take a hit or hits. I don't Agree with your take.

RB still, because anything happening to Josh is this teams biggest concern. The difference between SB Champs and 7-10.

Motor looked great late last year but other than that flash RB has been pretty poor the last few years, and we're really hoping that the last 6 weeks of the year or so of Motor returns. I believe he has it in him to continue to be a solid back. If he doesn't though, or worse he gets hurt yikes, then it could be continued RB disappointment and potentially a worry about this team's ability to develop backs in my opinion, in which case Cook then becomes a serious focus. Overall, if none of the them really plant their foot as a #1 force then it means more of our expensive blue chip QB stiff arming linebackers, which brings me back to my #1 concern.

If you notice I've pretty much given up on Moss, I hope he proves me wrong. But the addition of Cook and pursuit of McKissic and our team's love of dressing for ST means that Moss is no longer in the plans in my opinion, in which case that's a swing and a miss.

Edited by Nelius

10 minutes ago, Nelius said:

RB still, because anything happening to Josh is this teams biggest concern. The difference between SB Champs and 7-10.

Motor looked great late last year but other than that flash RB has been pretty poor the last few years, and we're really hoping that the last 6 weeks of the year or so of Motor returns. I believe he has it in him to continue to be a solid back. If he doesn't though, or worse he gets hurt yikes, then it could be continued RB disappointment and potentially a worry about this team's ability to develop backs in my opinion, in which case Cook then becomes a serious focus. Overall, if none of the them really plant their foot as a #1 force then it means more of our expensive blue chip QB stiff arming linebackers, which brings me back to my #1 concern.

If you notice I've pretty much given up on Moss, I hope he proves me wrong. But the addition of Cook and pursuit of McKissic and our team's love of dressing for ST means that Moss is no longer in the plans in my opinion, in which case that's a swing and a miss.

The Bills are a passing team and have a beast at QB. The running game only has to be serviceable. Motor absolutely did this and beyond the latter part of the season. Moss can't and won't be as bad as last year and we have added others to the mix. Cook with his speed should add another threat to opposing defenses. I'm not too concerned with the Bills running game. 

With that said, it's all about the Oline. Can they run block and protect Allen? 

Just now, newcam2012 said:

The Bills are a passing team and have a beast at QB. The running game only has to be serviceable. Motor absolutely did this and beyond the latter part of the season. Moss can't and won't be as bad as last year and we have added others to the mix. Cook with his speed should add another threat to opposing defenses. I'm not too concerned with the Bills running game. 

With that said, it's all about the Oline. Can they run block and protect Allen? 

I think we're orbiting around the same concern. It's all about protecting Allen, and I view a healthy run game as protecting Allen which I think Beane even alluded to recently. I think it's pretty clear that they want Allen to run less, so yeah it's all about the O-line first, and then the guys behind it. And I still don't think we have a guaranteed guy. And nowadays you need almost 2 guaranteed guys at least. Motor is solid all around, but pressure is on for Cook I think. Unless Moss obliterates camp, then we're basically expecting solid yards and TDs from Cook in his rookie year. That's in no way guaranteed right now, therefore the concern.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, stuvian said:

If Josh is our short yardage runner again he'll be out by week 12

What the **** is wrong with you saying stupid 💩 like that ?? 

Edited by Putin
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

What makes you say that? Allen is a beast and has proven he can get the tough yards in crucial situations. Sure additionally help is definelty wanted. I love when the ball is in Allen's hands. His legs and elusiveness are an asset. Lastly, he's proven his toughness and his ability to take a hit or hits. I don't Agree with your take.

We have to preserve our asset. Cam Newton is done because of too many running plays

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

We have to preserve our asset. Cam Newton is done because of too many running plays

Of course, the Bills don't want Allen to get injured. Maybe he shouldn't pass as much because he might get sacked? The Cam Newton comparasion doesn't apply here. I'm fine with trusting Allen with his legs. He's great decision maker in the RPOs, makes huge timely runs in crutch time, gets the ball into the end zone with his legs, and clearly presents a problem for opposing defenses. I'm ok with dailing it back some but you can't take away his skillful running. 

• Agree 1

Others have said it, but we’re so stacked  everywhere that my biggest concern is backup QB. 

But unless we get Mahomes to sit behind him, any time Josh is down will be disastrous. Hopefully that amount of time is exactly 0. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.