What position concerns you the most?

BillMafia716ix

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

RT and LG.

Spencer Brown had moments where he looked like a future star.  He also had flashes of Ed Wang.  I’m counting on him improving based on his athleticism and the addition of Kromer.  His upside has me extremely excited….but I need to see the baby before I can be confidant in him in pass protection.

And good work weaving an "Ed Wang" reference into this thread. Well done!

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

He is not supposed to crash the line, he is the second line of defense. He is not supposed to play like Ray Lewis, he is the greater version of London Fletcher. To say your biggest worry is the captain and leading tackler on the #1 ranked defense last year means you think we don't have any real weaknesses. My biggest worry is punt returner, because two bad plays and we can lose a game we have no right losing.

Sorry I disagree…. You say all this but he does come flying up against the run at times. But just takes himself out of the play many of times or crashes the wrong gap, or gets hung up or gets handled and easily removed from the play by a OL.
Say what you will, but we all know he probably won’t be resigned after this season. And there’s a reason. And of course he’s gonna have a lot of tackles, most MLB do, I just get tired of the ones 7 yards down the field. 

Im not so much worried about him vs I think he may be the weakest link on that defense. Again 16th pick overall. I’m just not impressed. Not saying he sucks, and I’m not worried about him, just wish we had a 16th overall MLB.

12 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

We all know that the Bills are heavy favorites to make a potential super bowl run this year, but what position has you the most concerned? That could possibly derail those hopes. For me its offensive tackle.

Dion Dawkins didn’t really have one of his best years last season. He was still pretty good but also had games where he was inconsistent. I like Spencer Brown as well at RT but he’s still very young player. I don’t think we expected him to come on as strong as he did for a rookie but there is a potential for a sophomore slump. 

Some great pass rushing duo have started to form in the AFC with the additions of Khalil Mack and Chandler Jones. Still having to deal with guys like TJ Wattt, Myles Garrett and Clowney. Those combos could potentially cause problems and Im concerned if we’re strong enough at the tackle position. 

Long snapper is the weakest link on the team.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Our brain damaged fan base.

I know.  Gotta find SOMETHING to worry about.  If we're picking nits over the #3 WR or punt returner, things are pretty good.  Think Trey Teague, Bennie Anderson, Zay Jones, Brian Brohm, Torrel Troupe, John McCargo, Kelvin Benjamin...

Feel better now?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Interior offensive line. 

Saffold is a beast, but he’s 33 and didn’t finish a ton of games last year due to shoulder injury and he has a long injury history.

Morse is a beast, but he has a really concerning concussion history.

Bates showed a lot of great flashes last year, but has only started 4 games.

If Morse or Saffold go down, we have the same problems we had against the Jaguars on the IOL. Bates is still a huge question mark too.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Obviously the team is much better than those cluster ***** teams…. But people suggesting this is some super team with no flaws are being ridiculous. 

As mentioned, they are one big injury away on the offensive line and at WR from having some problems. 

No one has said anything about us being some super team, ( except for you) and every team is one injury away from having a problem, nice try though, if you feel better being concerned/ worried, or otherwise not content, feel free to torment yourself, 

Go Bills!!!

22 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

A Josh Allen injury away from missing the playoffs. I didn't have that same worry with Trubisky 

Keenum might not have the upside of Trubisky but he's still one of the better backups in the NFL. Granted Josh is indeed something special and without him the offense takes a few steps back.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Whites Bay said:

I know.  Gotta find SOMETHING to worry about.  If we're picking nits over the #3 WR or punt returner, things are pretty good.  Think Trey Teague, Bennie Anderson, Zay Jones, Brian Brohm, Torrel Troupe, John McCargo, Kelvin Benjamin...

Feel better now?

No Aaron Maybin love for this list?

The running game which includes OL, and RB. We are better on paper but I got to see it with pads on

CB, but same situation as above. Tre in pads during preseason looking sharp and Khalil Shakir showing he can handle the load. Got to see it to feel better about it

MLB, I'm not as down on Edmunds as some here are, but with a greatly improved DL pass rush he should be capable of making some game changing plays

Honestly, Dorsey as OC concerns me the most but that doesn't really concern me much.  Only thing is he might not understand all the little details and nuances of a play that Daboll did on how to influence a defense and help the plays be successful even if they were in a good call to defend it. However, the talent level of the offense has gone up so that might mitigate that as they can simply overwhelm a defense on any given play with too much talent.

But position wise, I am not really concerned with any position. CB would probably be the most, although I am not concerned with this much at all either.  If Tre isn't very good this year or takes a while to get back to playing, could be some pain there.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

the roster hasn't been this stacked since 2015

Oh, yea, we’re nitpicking.. roster is loaded.  

Veteran talent, young talent, potential.. it’s all there. 

I think Diggs & Davis can be one of the best outside WR duo’s in the league, but unless Shakir is the answer for outside WR3, who fills in if someone misses a few weeks?  Who even comes in to give them rest?

The OL has a ton of potential, but I can understand the worry. On paper the potential of this OL, with Kromer, is one of the best in the NFL… however, should Saffold be injury-prone and Bates/Brown not live up to the hope… we could be playing the shuffle game on the OL all season… again. 

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

No one has said anything about us being some super team, ( except for you) and every team is one injury away from having a problem, nice try though, if you feel better being concerned/ worried, or otherwise not content, feel free to torment yourself, 

Go Bills!!!

I've asked Scott to give his report on KC's depth WRs and he never answered.

For those interested in who they got:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2022_roster.htm

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.