What position concerns you the most?

BillMafia716ix

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

Other than Haack vs Araiza, is there a starting position that is undecided?

NO!

They have a plan if Tre doesn’t go until October unlikely and it’s Elam and Dane.  Singletary is a #1 RB, and Cook will grow into our pass catching back option.  The D Line will Duke it out, but they roll with an 8 man rotation so its just who ends up pairing with who.

Our O Line is set, and we have our stable of WR’s and TE’s.  It’s just a matter of who’s #1, 2, 3, 4.

So it’s kind of an irrational use of time to worry where there is a weak link.  For the first time in a long time, I don’t see one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Honestly…. MLB!

Edmunds I just feel hasn’t progressed! For the last 3 years we wait as fans for him to take over a game. Crash the line and just wreck the backfield, shoot the gaps and just making plays. We never get that. 

What we get is multiple games with multiple plays where it seems like he’s guessing and takes himself out of the play, or gets swallowed up by linemen and is making tackles 6-7 yards down the field. 

As a round 1 guy, 16 overall….. I think he may be a weak link, considering what his role is.

He is not supposed to crash the line, he is the second line of defense. He is not supposed to play like Ray Lewis, he is the greater version of London Fletcher. To say your biggest worry is the captain and leading tackler on the #1 ranked defense last year means you think we don't have any real weaknesses. My biggest worry is punt returner, because two bad plays and we can lose a game we have no right losing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Kama Sutra #13. I just don’t have the upper body strength anymore.

I lost that one by a couple hours.

You made me look it up.

My wife is avoiding me……..

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

People need to keep in mind, he is generally only one of two LB's on the field in our Defense. Most defenses have at least 3 LB's on the field at all times and those in 3-4 sets have 4. This creates a much larger margin for era with bigger gaps to defend.

Edmunds isn't perfect. But he's nowhere near the liability that posters around here make him out to be. The days of big thumping run stopping MLB's with "an edge" are a thing of the past. Today's MLB is more often than not in very unenviable positions as down field passing and plays made on the run are at an all time high. 

Play at that position hasn't been great league wide as a result. This is part of the reason why he has made multiple Pro Bowls while fans on this board are convinced he's just the worst. Unless you have LaVontae David - you'd be hard pressed to really have a MLB that doesn't drive you nuts a good amount of the time.

Yeah people are just upset because he was picked #16 overall was it.  He's not playing like a #16 overall pick, but not playing bad either.  Then again  many first round picks flame out so he's probably doing better than many.

None that concerning but...

TE - If Knox is out of the lineup (outside of QB, of course) the greatest delta in talent between the starter and the backup is TE. Knox is great. Howard not so much. 

CB - 2nd greatest delta.. unless Elam is a stud. Tre needs to come back healthy

RG - could be a positional battle at this spot

RT - Brown needs to show up in camp and prove he deserves being gifted this spot. It's rare Beane doesn't sign a guy to compete. Nobody is close to competing with Brown

Outside WR - If something happens to Diggs or Davis we might be screwed.

The whole OL - if a starter goes down.

Defensive tackle - If DaQuon Jones goes down.

And of course, we really need to get Tre back to build that Super Bowl worthy defense.

Are the 3 young defensive ends good enough?

And what about the 3 new defensive tackles?

Its a super thin line between the Super Bowl champ and the next best six teams….especially in the AFC….

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Didn’t someone post this earlier in the off-season?

It’s still offensive line and outside WR depth.

If someone posted that, it was probably you!    :)   

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Outside WR3

Yeah if Diggs or Davis miss time........other than losing Allen it's the biggest drop in quality on the roster from an every down starter to the top backup(Jake Kumerow, a street free agent level receiver who is just there for special teams).

Guard is also shaky.........Saffold missed about 5 games worth of snaps last year going in and out of lineup because of a degenerative shoulder condition.........even expecting him to not decline any further is quite a leap of faith.........and behind he and Bates at those guard spots are a bunch of not-promising individuals.    The hope there is that Kromer elevates the group.   With all due respect to Chad Hall,  not sure if there is anymore coaching up the 30 year old Kumerow. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think, all around, we are solid. Honesty I think if we somehow get Klein back we are set at MLB depth. That’s one of my bigger concerns if Edmunds misses time. Obviously we want our corners to play well and may be depending on a rookie CB to step up in a big way for a few weeks while we easy White back in. 

WR depth is not necessarily a co cern but who can we see taking major snaps should Gabe or Steph miss any significant time? I love Shakir and think he may turn into a Gabe Davis - level pick (sneaky good), but he may need some time to get to speed. 

Safety depth is my next big one. Obviously Poyer is a major part of the game, and I hope we smooth out a contract situation soon (2-3 years at most) because, while scheme plays a part, he is legit one of our stand out players on D. We need to be ready, this year or next, to address our safeties. 

We really have a solid roster, and we don’t have any glaring weakness in my opinion. Let’s just win this year and then figure out where to go next year once we hoist the Lombardi. 

RT and LG.

Spencer Brown had moments where he looked like a future star.  He also had flashes of Ed Wang.  I’m counting on him improving based on his athleticism and the addition of Kromer.  His upside has me extremely excited….but I need to see the baby before I can be confidant in him in pass protection. 

I’m excited to see Saffold in the run game. I’m scared to see Saffold in pass pro.  Coming off an injury riddled season and being 33 is a cause for concern.  Our IOL depth stinks imo.  Ford, Mancz and Boettger later on.  Saffold staying healthy is extremely important 

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah people are just upset because he was picked #16 overall was it.  He's not playing like a #16 overall pick, but not playing bad either.  Then again  many first round picks flame out so he's probably doing better than many.

I don’t think it has anything to do with where he was picked imo.  Sure, we would’ve liked for him to be better, but at this point, imo, it’s more about “what’s he worth?”  Is he good enough to deserve over  12M a year?  Sure, there are some haters that think he’s terrible and not even worth 4m, but I think most are just questioning his value going for and what he worth

• Like (+1) 1

1.)  CB - what will Tre White look like coming back?  Are we putting too much on Elam?

2.)  Outside WR - We know longer have the luxury of Davis filling in when Diggs or Brown/Sanders is tired.  Injury we may be starting Kumerow outside.

3.)  DE - We have know proven pass rusher besides Van Miller.  We spent a lot of draft capital and either Rousseau, Basham, and/or Epenesa must step up.  We all know that Lawson is a below average pass rusher and an above average run defender.

7 hours ago, Logic said:

Reverse Cowgirl.

Sometimes I’m afraid it might break.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard that term before, but the description is so perfect there’s no doubt what it looks like.
And yes, one wrong move and…..

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

We all know that the Bills are heavy favorites to make a potential super bowl run this year, but what position has you the most concerned? That could possibly derail those hopes. For me its offensive tackle.

Dion Dawkins didn’t really have one of his best years last season. He was still pretty good but also had games where he was inconsistent. I like Spencer Brown as well at RT but he’s still very young player. I don’t think we expected him to come on as strong as he did for a rookie but there is a potential for a sophomore slump. 

Some great pass rushing duo have started to form in the AFC with the additions of Khalil Mack and Chandler Jones. Still having to deal with guys like TJ Wattt, Myles Garrett and Clowney. Those combos could potentially cause problems and Im concerned if we’re strong enough at the tackle position. 

Our brain damaged fan base.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.