What position concerns you the most?

BillMafia716ix

We all know that the Bills are heavy favorites to make a potential super bowl run this year, but what position has you the most concerned? That could possibly derail those hopes. For me its offensive tackle.

Dion Dawkins didn’t really have one of his best years last season. He was still pretty good but also had games where he was inconsistent. I like Spencer Brown as well at RT but he’s still very young player. I don’t think we expected him to come on as strong as he did for a rookie but there is a potential for a sophomore slump. 

Some great pass rushing duo have started to form in the AFC with the additions of Khalil Mack and Chandler Jones. Still having to deal with guys like TJ Wattt, Myles Garrett and Clowney. Those combos could potentially cause problems and Im concerned if we’re strong enough at the tackle position. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Honestly…. MLB!

Edmunds I just feel hasn’t progressed! For the last 3 years we wait as fans for him to take over a game. Crash the line and just wreck the backfield, shoot the gaps and just making plays. We never get that. 

What we get is multiple games with multiple plays where it seems like he’s guessing and takes himself out of the play, or gets swallowed up by linemen and is making tackles 6-7 yards down the field. 

As a round 1 guy, 16 overall….. I think he may be a weak link, considering what his role is.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, unbillievable said:

Field Goal Holder.

You beat me to it.  Clearly our most sensitive weakness as we kick and punt so much.  Whew, I’m glad I got that off my chest.

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Honestly…. MLB!

Edmunds I just feel hasn’t progressed! For the last 3 years we wait as fans for him to take over a game. Crash the line and just wreck the backfield, shoot the gaps and just making plays. We never get that. 

What we get is multiple games with multiple plays where it seems like he’s guessing and takes himself out of the play, or gets swallowed up by linemen and is making tackles 6-7 yards down the field. 

As a round 1 guy, 16 overall….. I think he may be a weak link, considering what his role is.

I know but that holder thing. It scares me, not.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Other than Haack vs Araiza, is there a starting position that is undecided?

I think slot receiver is up for grabs. Crowder is penciled in as the starter, but McKenzie and Shakir could challenge him for snaps with strong preseasons.

I think we will use fewer 4 WR sets this year and more 2 TE formations with OJ Howard in the mix. Shakir could also get some reps as an outside receiver and on end-arounds since he's very elusive with the ball in his hands.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Honestly…. MLB!

People need to keep in mind, he is generally only one of two LB's on the field in our Defense. Most defenses have at least 3 LB's on the field at all times and those in 3-4 sets have 4. This creates a much larger margin for error with bigger gaps to defend.

Edmunds isn't perfect. But he's nowhere near the liability that posters around here make him out to be. The days of big thumping run stopping MLB's with "an edge" are a thing of the past. Today's MLB is more often than not in very unenviable positions as down field passing and plays made on the run are at an all time high. 

Play at that position hasn't been great league wide as a result. This is part of the reason why he has made multiple Pro Bowls while fans on this board are convinced he's just the worst. Unless you have LaVontae David - you'd be hard pressed to really have a MLB that doesn't drive you nuts a good amount of the time.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The right side of our OL is VERY weak (Brown, Bates, Ford, Quessenberry, Boettger, Hart, Doyle, Ulmer, Mancz, Capra, Karstatter, Owen, Tanuta, Anderson). There isn't anyone solid in that group. Brown may be the best among them, but PFF gave him the 6th lowest pass protection grade among OT's with 600+ snaps last year and his run blocking wasn't much better. I think that if Morse, Saffold or Morse gets hurt, our offensive production goes way down. Kromer really has his work cut out for him. After that, depth at CB, LB and WR are concerns, but not anywhere close to our OL problems.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

The right side of our OL is VERY weak (Brown, Bates, Ford, Quessenberry, Boettger, Hart, Doyle, Ulmer, Mancz, Capra, Karstatter, Owen, Tanuta, Anderson). There isn't anyone solid in that group. Brown may be the best among them, but PFF gave him the 6th lowest pass protection grade among OT's with 600+ snaps last year and his run blocking wasn't much better. I think that if Morse, Saffold or Morse gets hurt, our offensive production goes way down. Kromer really has his work cut out for him. After that, depth at CB, LB and WR are concerns, but not anywhere close to our OL problems.

I can see why you say that. But Brown looked great for a raw rookie last year. He had one really bad game, but otherwise ranged from serviceable to very good. And Bates also looked good in his limited chances. I think you give both those guys a full year as starters, and there’s bound to be some improvement.

To me, CB is a much more pressing concern. Lot to ask of a barely recovered White and a rookie Elam to be dropped into the starting lineup given what our schedule looks like the first 6 weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.