Poll: Does Ryan Fitzpatrick Belong on the Bills Wall of Fame?

Nextmanup

Does Ryan Fitzpatrick Belong on the Wall of Fame?   

376 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for Ryan Fitzpatrick to be placed on the Bills Wall of Fame?

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I would suggest Fitz is as popular as any of those names.  He gets top score for that; others do too, but no one is "more loved" IMO.

What is your standard for appearing on the Wall?  You say not even close.

Why?

Some standards:

1. Actually being good-we can stop right there with Fitz.  Love the guy, but he was an average NFL QB

2.  Wall of Fame is NOT a popularity contest.  You need to be one of the best Buffalo Bills in team history-borderline HoF if not HoF  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I feel like Ryan Fitzpatrick is my favorite NFL player of all time.  Not exaggerating.  But no ... not Wall of Fame worthy.  He was a middle-of-the-road QB on horrible Bills teams.  Love the guy and I'd be all for an annual Ryan Fitzpatrick Day.  But not the Wall.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

An emotional answer is yes.

A rational answer is no.

He played for the Bills for 4 seasons.

He didn't even start 16 games for two of those seasons.

He never took us to the playoffs.

He was never a top 10 player at his position.

Just because you like a player doesn't mean he should be honored as an all-time great.

NO, but his picture should be up in a hallway at OBD someplace.

Jesus, what is with the obsession with this guy?  I like Fitz.  Cool dude and all, but he holds no records, zero accolades, never finished in the top half of the league (while with the Bills) in any major statistical QB metric, and never led us to a single winning season.  There's probably 20 guys that belong up there before Fitz (Moulds, Ruben Brown, Fred Jackson, etc.).  

• Like (+1) 1

Absolutely No.

In his 4 years as a Bill he had a 79 QB rating. If you want to let him lead a charge before kickoff or give him some plaque at halftime, fine.  Yes he's a fan favorite and his appearance last January in the Cheatriot rout was epic, but he's never going on the wall.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Sure, his career in Buffalo wasn't very long, and he will never be associated with only one team...

But can you think of a more popular Buffalo Bill ever?

Sometimes I don't know if this stuff is serious or not but yes I can think of at least 50 more popular (and accomplished) players.

Fitz was a likeable guy, I get it. But he had no business being here as the starter for as long as he was nor should he have ever gotten a big contract extension here.

He's not a HOF player and doesn't not deserve individual franchise recognition here.

At the end of the day fans need to stop with obsessions over players like this. It's as bad or worse as the obsession over a freaking punter (Brian Moorman) which shows just how bad things were with this franchise during the drought years that players like this get a whiff of attention.

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Sure, his career in Buffalo wasn't very long, and he will never be associated with only one team...

But can you think of a more popular Buffalo Bill ever?

So Kyle Williams and Eric Wood,

Fredex are not in the wall and a guy who is the popular backup as a journeyman should be considered on the Wall?  C’mon, we sentimentalize a guy who was 4-4, 4-9, 6-10, and 6-10. 

That’s Wall of Fame criteria?  Hoping he would he would go one more ride as a backup for us, that’s cool.  Do you guys not accurately remember how bad those teams were the previous regimes.  He’s being way over romanticized.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

Jesus, what is with the obsession with this guy?  I like Fitz.  Cool dude and all, but he holds no records, zero accolades, never finished in the top half of the league (while with the Bills) in any major statistical QB metric, and never led us to a single winning season.  There's probably 20 guys that belong up there before Fitz (Moulds, Ruben Brown, Fred Jackson, etc.).  

Agree.

I don't want to say he was bad after he signed that $59 million contract but imo he definitely didn't live up to it at the time.  I recall a lot of his stats in that 2012 season came in garbage time.  He was nicknamed Picks-Patrick for a reason.

That being said the Oakland and NE game winning drives in 2011 still are some of my favorite memories as a Bill fan.  

Edited by Another Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.