Poll: Does Ryan Fitzpatrick Belong on the Bills Wall of Fame?

Nextmanup

Does Ryan Fitzpatrick Belong on the Wall of Fame?   

376 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for Ryan Fitzpatrick to be placed on the Bills Wall of Fame?

2 minutes ago, teef said:

what significant role did fitz play?  all of those playoff appearances and victories?  someone quote this because i'm pretty sure softie has me on ignore.  you call him out on nonsense and he gets very bent out of shape.

While I agree Fitz and Fredex don’t deserve the wall for purely skill alone, they were the only players to given 110% on the field. The fact that they are as passionate as ever to this day about Bills fandom, tells you everything there is to know. Fitz bleeds blue and is a tough sob. He’s highly educated and everything you would want to represent a franchise. We should be able to at least name an area of the building after him. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

While I agree Fitz and Fredex don’t deserve the wall for purely skill alone, they were the only players to given 110% on the field. The fact that they are as passionate as ever to this day about Bills fandom, tells you everything there is to know. Fitz bleeds blue and is a tough sob. He’s highly educated and everything you would want to represent a franchise. We should be able to at least name an area of the building after him. 

geez, I never knew this !!

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

i get that he loves the team, and we love him for it, but the wall should really be saved for specific, statistical accomplishments.  i'm sure there were a few, but the only shining moment i remember fitz for was the comeback win against the pats...and i think the defense had 5 interceptions that day.  his passion is great, but passion doesn't get you on the wall.    does jerry hughes deserve to be up there?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Heart matters. I respect a scrappy sob that might be a 7 on the skill scale, over a elite talent like Mario Williams. Fitzpatrick would have been another Josh Allen if he had the skill set Josh does. That matters.

Fredex and Fitz are the quintessential definition of what it means to be a blue collared Buffalo Bill representative. They are the peoples players. 

Just now, teef said:

i get that he loves the team, and we love him for it, but the wall should really be saved for specific, statistical accomplishments.  i'm sure there were a few, but the only shining moment i remember fitz for was the comeback win against the pats...and i think the defense had 5 interceptions that day.  his passion is great, but passion doesn't get you on the wall.    does jerry hughes deserve to be up there?  

Considering the crap overall teams we had, Fitz deserves a lot more credit. While I agree, I wouldn’t put him up on talent alone, he deserves to be somewhere on the stadium. Fredex, Fitz, Meatball, Hughes, Stevie, are all deserving of being associated more in someway. 

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Huh?  I've been watching since the '70s.

And actually, the selection criteria (according to the Buffalo Bills organization) is:

The Buffalo Bills Wall of Fame was created in 1980 to honor former players, administrators and coaches who have played significant roles in the team's history.

Rather open ended, isn't it?  And I'm sure intentionally so.

It does have a 3 year minimum limit on players.

Fitz was with the Bills for 4 seasons.

If you have been watching since the 70's then you should know that Fitz's play on the field does not merit Wall of Fame consideration.

As a Bill he has a 20-33 WL record and a 78.9 QBR - not the stuff of legends.  His 80 TDs are quite good, but then look at the 64 INTs and you start to see the problem.  He threw for 3,000 yards or more 3 times as a Bill, and yet we never had a 0.500 record with Fitz at the helm.   He has 0 Pro Bowls in 17 seasons.  

He was a great teammate, a very fine person, a hard worker, a dedicated player, and he had the best beard in Bills history - but not a Wall of Fame player on the football field.  

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Heart matters. I respect a scrappy sob that might be a 7 on the skill scale, over a elite talent like Mario Williams. Fitzpatrick would have been another Josh Allen if he had the skill set Josh does. That matters.

Fredex and Fitz are the quintessential definition of what it means to be a blue collared Buffalo Bill representative. They are the peoples players. 

Considering the crap overall teams we had, Fitz deserves a lot more credit. While I agree, I wouldn’t put him up on talent alone, he deserves to be somewhere on the stadium. Fredex, Fitz, Meatball, Hughes, Stevie, are all deserving of being associated more in someway. 

Fitz had to buy his own ticket to a playoff game.  I’m not sure they’re giving g him anything. 

• Agree 1

Just now, teef said:

Fitz had to buy his own ticket to a playoff game.  I’m not sure they’re giving g him anything. 

Well this franchise has sucked for years, so it’s kind of sad they pull this garbage. I appreciate people who pour their heart and soul into it, and Fitz did exactly that. Him and Fredex will always be the peoples choice, no matter what this franchise says. 

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

None of these players deserves to be on the WoF.  Great guys and very good players but the WoF is for the great ones that were standout players in the AFL/NFL during their era of play.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

You realize how bad our overall team talent was right? I don’t blame Fitz for that garbage team. 

Fitz did have some stellar defenses along w/ 2 legitimate weapons in Stevie Johnson and Fred Jackson. Josh Allen would’ve brought those teams to the playoffs easily.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bob in STL said:

None of these players deserves to be on the WoF.  Great guys and very good players but the WoF is for the great ones that were standout players in the AFL/NFL during their era of play.  

That’s fine, i can agree with that. But this franchise needs some other kind of honor section. Maybe name the concession area, Fitzpatrick Foodcourt lol 

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

So Fitz doesn't play a significant role in the team's history, at least for you.

Correct?

Why?  Tell us more.  You haven't really said anything.

Basically every starting quarterback over multiple years in our team's history has a significant role .. there's not alot of them

Should TT be on the wall? Bledsoe? 

Flutie?  

Fitz is the man but there's tons of more deserving people NOT on the wall who deserve it

23 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Give him, Kyle, and Fred prominent plaques inside the building.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I would suggest Fitz is as popular as any of those names.  He gets top score for that; others do too, but no one is "more loved" IMO.

What is your standard for appearing on the Wall?  You say not even close.

Why?

I’d say no because he’s not a great player, never played long enough for Bills or helped them become contenders.

I think you have to tick one of those 3 boxes for a discussion to even begin, unless you see the wall of fame as a popularity contest. 

9 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I guarantee that Kyle Williams (13 years with the Bills) will be on the WOF at the new stadium.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.