Poll: Does Ryan Fitzpatrick Belong on the Bills Wall of Fame?

Nextmanup

Does Ryan Fitzpatrick Belong on the Wall of Fame?   

376 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for Ryan Fitzpatrick to be placed on the Bills Wall of Fame?

I'd pry go in this order  - Moulds, Bennett, Byrd, Brown, Williams, Schobel, Jackson.  Lee Evans and Stevie Johnson don't have enough of a body of work to deserve it.  Phil Hansen should've never been on it.

On 6/2/2022 at 2:03 PM, Nextmanup said:

Sure, his career in Buffalo wasn't very long, and he will never be associated with only one team...

But can you think of a more popular Buffalo Bill ever?

Not the most popular but hes a fan favorite for his tenacity and love for the Bills . Also hes like one of us , just a hard working average guy giving his all.

On 6/2/2022 at 2:05 PM, FireChans said:

Legitimately no, not even close

and I love Fitzy. Fred and Kyle are way more deserving. 

Kyle is going up 100 % and probably Fred but i would like Fitz to go up eventually because how loved he is here and his love for the team, maybe he can be the leader of the 12th man.

LOVE the guy enough that I created an entire Halloween costume/stadium persona based on the Fitzmagic T-shirt likeness that, to save money, uses the same reddish color on Fitz's hair and beard as on the red in the uniform. 

image.png.0d6419d7f1b1d1295345b3b3574b6bb0.png

Being a sturdy enough guy with a ginger beard that effectively fills out, and cutting out that image above and covering my drought-era jersey chest numbers with it, and using a red, fitted sheet as a cape to cover the back numbers while it's all worn over HOCKEY shoulder pads to create the visibly padded affect without the bulk and restrictions of actual football gear. 

When I got into FULL costume for the KC home opener in like 2012, I had some fans asking for selfies with me, highlighted by a pair of Mexican dudes who were SUPER excited to get their pictures taken with "Football Man." REGRETTABLY, EVENTUALLY I discarded the pads-and-jersey-and-cape core of the costume, hoping for some forward progress for the team and for me.  

This is the alter-ego in 2012 doing the Twist with the wife of Marcellus Wallace.

image.png.8983930cd84aa6daa1a5cf51e1c066b3.png

Edited by Richard Noggin

On 6/4/2022 at 8:27 PM, Doc Brown said:

I'd pry go in this order  - Moulds, Bennett, Byrd, Brown, Williams, Schobel, Jackson.  Lee Evans and Stevie Johnson don't have enough of a body of work to deserve it.  Phil Hansen should've never been on it.

Byrd, Moulds, Kyle … that’s it.  

• Like (+1) 1

I voted No and he definitely does not deserve to be on the Wall of Fame.  He deserves to be on many people’s list of favorite drought players, but not even close to Wall of Fame level.

I will say kudos to @Nextmanup for creating such a unifying topic - even if it was against his original post - as it is hard to find anything that 80% of Bills Fans agree with.  With over 350 votes, to get that many fans to be against any 1 idea is impressive- that is better than most draft pick questions, season related questions, etc.  

Josh is about the only thing more unifying and even he gets detractors amongst the Miami and NE trolls we have.

It is nice to see the community agree so strongly on a topic and to be on the correct side.

Nice!

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/alumni/wall-of-fame

Per the Bills the criteria is:

The Buffalo Bills Wall of Fame was created in 1980 to honor former players, administrators and coaches who have played significant roles in the team's history. To be eligible for induction, an individual must have played with the Bills for at least three years and be retired from professional football. Also eligible are other individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the Bills, including administrators and coaches. Selections are made by a distinguished panel composed of club personnel and media members.

Seems to me like he doesn’t clear the “played significant roles in the team’s history” bar.  Maybe he can assume a broadcasting or administrative role and get there.  Personally, I’d love to see hI’m give the booth a shot.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.