Poll: Does Ryan Fitzpatrick Belong on the Bills Wall of Fame?

Nextmanup

Does Ryan Fitzpatrick Belong on the Wall of Fame?   

376 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for Ryan Fitzpatrick to be placed on the Bills Wall of Fame?

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Phil Hansen is on the Wall & even though he didn't play on teams as good as some of the ones Hansen played on, Williams played longer than Hansen & IMO had a better career.  

Kyle Williams will definitely make it. I was simply saying that Fitzpatrick is below all of these players and I didn't think everyone I listed would go up. There's only so many spots.

Phil played here for 11 years and never played anywhere else while playing on 3 Super Bowl Teams. I'm not saying I agree with Hansen's inclusion. But the longevity and playing on the Super Bowl Teams is why he made it.

This is part of what hurts Fitz. Being in the drought era - he's not going to get that "Phil Hansen Bump" for being part of a glorified era.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

8 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I think you're confusing being a meme with being loved.  I mean sure he was loved, I love him, but if he looked like just a regular guy he wouldn't have held a candle to players of his era like Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, etc.

I'd love to see him retire as a Bill, but wall of fame?  Lol no not even close.

So he was loved generally, and you loved him specifically, but he doesn't go on the wall because...he has a wild, long beard?

Oh!  I wish you had just written that in the first place.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

So he was loved generally, and you loved him specifically, but he doesn't go on the wall because...he has a wild, long beard?

Oh!  I wish you had just written that in the first place.

Being condescending isn't a substitute for intelligence.  It's obvious you just want to argue with people so you can think you're smart.  If you'd take two seconds to actually take in what I said, you'd know the implication is that much of the "love" he got was based in being a meme, and not actually being a great QB (he was just the best we had for a while).  A song about being the Amish Rifle and memes about his beard and fashion sense don't get you on the wall.  It's not that the beard itself excludes him from it you disingenuous...well just fill in the blank since you like putting words in my mouth.

• Like (+1) 1

I liked Fitz, and Fitz was an easy guy to root for, but there is a reason his stint was short here. He was an awesome personality and teammate wherever he's been, but a Bills WOF'er he is not. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Fitz did have some stellar defenses along w/ 2 legitimate weapons in Stevie Johnson and Fred Jackson. Josh Allen would’ve brought those teams to the playoffs easily.

Huh?  2009 Bills D was 16th In Points Allowed and 19th in Yards allowed.  Next 3 years Bills were in high 20s in both and were among leagues worse D's consistently.  That was not stellar my friend.  

20 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Sure, his career in Buffalo wasn't very long, and he will never be associated with only one team...

But can you think of a more popular Buffalo Bill ever?

Just because he was a fan favorite doesn't mean he deserves to be on the Wall of Fame.  The Wall of Fame is for iconic Bills Players with HOF credentials that might not hold up against the rest of the League as far as the Hall goes but does call for some well deserved recognition from the Bills organization like Darryl Talley, Kent Hull, Fred Smerlas, and Steve Tasker.  Not Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

1 hour ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

I love Fitz but no, absolutely not.  His time here was short and his numbers unspectacular.  The Fitz+Freddie+Stevie trio made the drought enjoyable for a little bit but that isn't wall of fame material.

9 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Being condescending isn't a substitute for intelligence.  It's obvious you just want to argue with people so you can think you're smart.  If you'd take two seconds to actually take in what I said, you'd know the implication is that much of the "love" he got was based in being a meme, and not actually being a great QB (he was just the best we had for a while).  A song about being the Amish Rifle and memes about his beard and fashion sense don't get you on the wall.  It's not that the beard itself excludes him from it you disingenuous...well just fill in the blank since you like putting words in my mouth.

You keep stating that he's a meme without actually defining what the meme is supposed to be, at least according to you.  What was the meme? I missed that part?

If I had to sell Fitz as a meme it would be as the leader and hard work, hard trying guy on a team that was going nowhere, and he knew it...but he still carried his lunch pale to the office every day, which is as "Buffalo Bill" as you can get.

You seem to think he was just laughed at because he had a funny beard? Or maybe because he was drafted very low and from a school known for academics but not football?

That all just adds to his underdog persona, and makes him that much more of a likable overachiever.

I just wish you would actually explain why he doesn't belong on the wall.  If you have to call him a "meme" a third time, how about at least explaining what the meme is so we have a shot at understanding what you're trying to say.

And no, I'm not arguing for the fun of it; I actually hate arguing with strangers about Bills crap at this forum.

I post very little this time of year for that reason, unless it's in the "off the wall" and not about football and not about argument.

Of course not... He will be loved by many fans for his enthusiasm & support for the city, but the teams he lead did nothing....

He likely holds individual franchise records of some sort (can't be bothered to look), but nothing significant & no playoff births. He does hold a great moment in my heart, & defeating the Patriots while Brady was still there will always be a great memory to me :) 

21 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

My argument against it is that I would definitely put Kyle Williams and Eric Moulds up before him easily and then Fred Jackson would be first drought only era dude I would choose. So maybe eventually but that wall would have to be real full. 

Mostly agree.

Kyle, Moulds, Brown, Schobel all more worthy.

What about Stevie Johnson?

The two best WR I have seen in a Bills uniform were Andre Reed and Eric Moulds. Neither of them had back to back 1000 yard seasons much less 3 in a row.

Stevie freaking Johnson had 3x1000 seasons in a row for awful Bills teams.

Andre Reed was part era.

Eric Moulds would be in the HOF with better QB play. A real stud player.

Johnson was a 7th round pick on garbage teams and put up 3x1000 receiving seasons in a row.

The only other WR I know of to have 2x1000 seasons in a row is Diggs. He has JA and was obtained using a 1st round pick.

It's not even comparable. Stevie Johnson made Revis look silly, in his own division.

Diggs should clear 1k this year and JOIN Stevie Johnson as the only Bills WRs with 3x1000.

Perspective folks.

7 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Mostly agree.

Kyle, Moulds, Brown, Schobel all more worthy.

What about Stevie Johnson?

The two best WR I have seen in a Bills uniform were Andre Reed and Eric Moulds. Neither of them had back to back 1000 yard seasons much less 3 in a row.

Stevie freaking Johnson had 3x1000 seasons in a row for awful Bills teams.

Andre Reed was part era.

Eric Moulds would be in the HOF with better QB play. A real stud player.

Johnson was a 7th round pick on garbage teams and put up 3x1000 receiving seasons in a row.

The only other WR I know of to have 2x1000 seasons in a row is Diggs. He has JA and was obtained using a 1st round pick.

It's not even comparable. Stevie Johnson made Revis look silly, in his own division.

Diggs should clear 1k this year and JOIN Stevie Johnson as the only Bills WRs with 3x1000.

Perspective folks.

I forgot about Stevie and Schobel, so Fitz is pretty far down the list, and I loved Fitz 

• Agree 1

On 6/2/2022 at 11:05 AM, FireChans said:

Legitimately no, not even close

and I love Fitzy. Fred and Kyle are way more deserving. 

Three ways. Fred and Kyle are way, way, way more deserving.

I would hope they’d be locks.

I’d put Cordy Glenn and Eric Wood ahead of Fitz….

Wood might have been way higher had he been able to play out that last contract.

An underrated Bill in my estimation.

but I’d say Jerry, Eric, Fitz and Cordy - no and Kyle and Freddy a big yes!

Both of them had immaculate careers in Buffalo and only Buffalo….

Both would be nationally famous had they played on winning teams.

I just smile when I think of them…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.