Poll: Does Ryan Fitzpatrick Belong on the Bills Wall of Fame?

Nextmanup

Does Ryan Fitzpatrick Belong on the Wall of Fame?   

376 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for Ryan Fitzpatrick to be placed on the Bills Wall of Fame?

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I would suggest Fitz is as popular as any of those names.  He gets top score for that; others do too, but no one is "more loved" IMO.

What is your standard for appearing on the Wall?  You say not even close.

Why?

I think you're confusing being a meme with being loved.  I mean sure he was loved, I love him, but if he looked like just a regular guy he wouldn't have held a candle to players of his era like Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, etc.

I'd love to see him retire as a Bill, but wall of fame?  Lol no not even close.

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

So Fitz doesn't play a significant role in the team's history, at least for you.

Correct?

Why?  Tell us more.  You haven't really said anything.

He was only here for 4 average seasons. He won a few big games but was nothing more than the best of a long line of bad Buffalo QBs. 

Awesome guy but not even close to WOF worthy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

i appreciate the Bills fans who started following the team during the Drought Era and watched nothing but losers until 2017.... they never knew anything better. Best to just fully embrace the players on the current and recent teams.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I think you're confusing being a meme with being loved.  I mean sure he was loved, I love him, but if he looked like just a regular guy he wouldn't have held a candle to players of his era like Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, etc.

I'd love to see him retire as a Bill, but wall of fame?  Lol no not even close.

Well I don't think Fred Jackson deserves the wall either, honestly. I can get on board with Kyle Williams because he was actually an elite player in the NFL and went to 6 pro bowls and was 2nd team All Pro once. Jackson was an above average player on a bad team. But he was nothing special. Love him as a leader and a person, though.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

his overall career would have been good enough but he didn't play long enough in Buffalo imo

His overall career is that of a mediocre QB. Not even close.

The answer is no.

I'd argue that Doug Flutie would make it up before Ryan Fitzpatrick. From other positions, just off the top of my head, Eric Moulds, Kyle Williams, Fred Jackson, London Fletcher, and Eric Wood would all make it up before he does. And I'd be surprised if every single one of them make it up as well.

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The answer is no.

I'd argue that Doug Flutie would make it up before Ryan Fitzpatrick. From other positions, just off the top of my head, Eric Moulds, Kyle Williams, Fred Jackson, London Fletcher, and Eric Wood would all make it up before he does. And I'd be surprised if every single one of them make it up as well.

Phil Hansen is on the Wall & even though he didn't play on teams as good as some of the ones Hansen played on, Williams played longer than Hansen & IMO had a better career.  

5 hours ago, Rico said:

No one from the Drought Era please.

Butch Byrd, absolutely.

I’d take Kyle Williams at some point, along with some others. But I FULLY agree Butch Byrd is LOOONG overdue! 

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I would suggest Fitz is as popular as any of those names.  He gets top score for that; others do too, but no one is "more loved" IMO.

What is your standard for appearing on the Wall?  You say not even close.

Why?

Um, playing most of if not their entire career as a Bill and also being a good player.

My argument against it is that I would definitely put Kyle Williams and Eric Moulds up before him easily and then Fred Jackson would be first drought only era dude I would choose. So maybe eventually but that wall would have to be real full. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.