Poll: Does Ryan Fitzpatrick Belong on the Bills Wall of Fame?

Nextmanup

Does Ryan Fitzpatrick Belong on the Wall of Fame?   

376 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for Ryan Fitzpatrick to be placed on the Bills Wall of Fame?

17 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

None of these players deserves to be on the WoF.  Great guys and very good players but the WoF is for the great ones that were standout players in the AFL/NFL during their era of play.  

Speaking of great players I wonder if the Bills will get around to retiring 83. 12,34, and 78 are retired. To me they were the core of 4 from those 90's teams

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Rico said:

No one from the Drought Era please.

Butch Byrd, absolutely.

I think there are three players from the drought era that are Wall of Fame worthy: Kyle Williams, Fred Jackson, and Brian Moorman.

I think they fill the Bill with: talent, stats, longevity with the team, leadership, heart & soul players, popularity with fans.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm sure a lot can identify with this. The answer is no probably not, but if I was given a vote on the real decision I'd vote yes.

One route i could see, is broadcasting after retirement. Would be really cool to have Wood and Fitzy in the booth together. In a way I'd rather have Fitz calling national games on CBS because I don't listen to Bills games on the radio (g2 watch em).  

If Wood and Fitzy had a long career calling games though (which I don't think is crazy outlandish) I could see it happening down the road. Excited to see what the future holds for him!

For Christ sake no. Like the guy but hell no.  

There are several others that belong on the wall that are not

My top 6 in order would be:

1. Byrd

1a.Schobel

2. Reuben Brown

3. Moulds

4. Jackson

5. K. Williams

There are a number of guys that like Fitz were fan favorites but did not do enough while here in Buffalo to deserve being on the well

Spikes

Spielman

Shady

Fletcher

S. Johnson

Then there are a group of players that the fans dislike or left the team too soon that had far better careers in Buffalo than Fitz

Dareus

Evans

Peters

Winfield

P. Williams

Wolford

Edited by Ethan in Portland

20 minutes ago, Neo said:

LOVE Fitz, but no.

Butch Byrd, yes, yes, yes.  What say you about Bobby Chandler, Reggie McKenzie?

We really have done it right if you look ….

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/alumni/wall-of-fame

As a kid, I always liked Reggie more than Joe D, so absolutely. I have no problem with him or Chandler being honored.

Too late now, but I would’ve instead had a plaque for Kalsu. Great American but he was hardly a Bill, only playing 14 games & starting 9 for a 1-win team…. not like Pat Tillman who played with the Cardinals for years.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

While I agree Fitz and Fredex don’t deserve the wall for purely skill alone, they were the only players to given 110% on the field. The fact that they are as passionate as ever to this day about Bills fandom, tells you everything there is to know. Fitz bleeds blue and is a tough sob. He’s highly educated and everything you would want to represent a franchise. We should be able to at least name an area of the building after him. 

Fred Jackson is 3rd all time rushing leader for the Bills.  Ahead of Shady, Cribbs, Henry, Gilchrist, and several other notable names.  Yes his career totals are less than half of Thurman and Simpson but he was still an excellent player.

Fitz is fifth all time and has already been passed by Josh. He is fifth only because of the truly putrid list of names below him. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Fred Jackson is 3rd all time rushing leader for the Bills.  Ahead of Shady, Cribbs, Henry, Gilchrist, and several other notable names.  Yes his career totals are less than half of Thurman and Simpson but he was still an excellent player.

Fitz is fifth all time and has already been passed by Josh. He is fifth only because of the truly putrid list of names below him. 

It’s pretty sad at how bad our franchise has sucked at sucking. At least we aren’t forever 7-9 anymore. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Sure, his career in Buffalo wasn't very long, and he will never be associated with only one team...

But can you think of a more popular Buffalo Bill ever?

Come on man... when Fitz was here he wasn't popular for the best reasons. It wasn't till after he left his popularity grew more positive.

Edited by TBBills
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Sure, his career in Buffalo wasn't very long, and he will never be associated with only one team...

But can you think of a more popular Buffalo Bill ever? 

This has to be a troll post.  Was it even thought out before posting?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.