Nate Clements hit on Tom Brady

BillsFan619

My all time favorite Brady moment...coming in a close second was watching Sam Adams intercept a Brady Screen pass and then take it 31 yards to the house, seeing Brady get annihilated by Schobel trying to make the tackle and hearing Dierdorf laughing and yelling on the broadcast...it's hysterical...one of my all time favorite announcing moments...

Even more funny because Dierdorf directly before the snap says "Right now, this NE offense has got to get off it's butt and do something" and not even 2 seconds after he got that out of his mouth, Brady throws that INT and he starts laughing...

Announcer: "Intercepted!"

Dierdorf: "Oh-ho-ho!"

Announcer: "Picked off right side..."

Dierdorf: "Hahaha"

Announcer: "Here goes...BIG!!....SAM!!!....ADAMS!!!!"

Dierdorf: "Hahaha...OH NO!!!!!!" and laughs some more

Announcer: "That was 360 lbs running down the sideline"

Dierdorf: "Haha...oh! Yeah right! Hahahaha!"(insinuating that he weighs a lot more than that)

Announcer: "Tilting the earth! Suddenly rumbling downhill!"

Dierdorf: "That was like a freighter coming into port!"

Then watching Bledsoe come over and put Adams arm around him and act like he is carrying him over to the bench to get oxygen and seeing Adams shove him away as if he really didn't appreciate that.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I'm not sure how that fires Bills fans up that much...Iove the hit, and I don't root for guys to get hurt. But.....damn Brady got up like a terminator. He was clapping 3 secs later.

When Josh shakes off a big hit like that it fires ME up (once I start breathing again).

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

My all time favorite Brady moment...coming in a close second was watching Sam Adams intercept a Brady Screen pass and then take it 31 yards to the house, seeing Brady get annihilated by Schobel trying to make the tackle and hearing Dierdorf laughing and yelling on the broadcast...it's hysterical...one of my all time favorite announcing moments...

Even more funny because Dierdorf directly before the snap says "Right now, this NE offense has got to get off it's butt and do something" and not even 2 seconds after he got that out of his mouth, Brady throws that INT and he starts laughing...

Announcer: "Intercepted!"

Dierdorf: "Oh-ho-ho!"

Announcer: "Picked off right side..."

Dierdorf: "Hahaha"

Announcer: "Here goes...BIG!!....SAM!!!....ADAMS!!!!"

Dierdorf: "Hahaha...OH NO!!!!!!" and laughs some more

Announcer: "That was 360 lbs running down the sideline"

Dierdorf: "Haha...oh! Yeah right!"(insinuating that he weighs a lot more than that)

Dierdorf: "That was like a freighter coming into port!"

Then watching Bledsoe come over and put Adams arm around him and act like he is carrying him over to the bench to get oxygen and seeing Adams shove him away as if he really didn't appreciate that.

Mine too 

11 minutes ago, 716er said:

Mine too 

I mean if there has ever been a better all around package of ironic pre-snap declaration, great play, great announcing combined with comic relief, Brady getting lambasted by Schobel and then Bledsoe attempting more comic relief and Adams getting mad at him for it, I don't know what it would be...this clip has it all.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Love Brady giving everyone crap for not knowing what the Zapruder film reference means.  

I will say, That was actually a pretty quick response to Josh's question about the film of Clements' hit being black and white and grainy: "Yeah, it's like the Zapruder film."

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I will say, That was actually a pretty quick response to Josh's question about the film of Clements' hit being black and white and grainy: "Yeah, it's like the Zapruder film."

I'm in my 30's but it made me feel old when neither Josh or Mahomes knew what that was

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Let's Go Buffalo said:

Nate Clements was a missile in a uniform. Winfield and Clements was a heck of a defensive backfield for us. It's always fun to see some of those highlights.

The most amazing thing to come out of this, IMO, is Brady admitting he slid late. I didn’t know that could happen. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Brady mentions that Nate’s hit was the worst he’s ever taken.

Hey, it’s not much, but I’ll take it. I know there’s a few more but at least someone from the Bills did something noteworthy against Brady.

Go Nate! Go Bills!

I didn’t know Clements was gay. 🤪. Just kidding.  That was a vicious hit.

22 minutes ago, Augie said:

The most amazing thing to come out of this, IMO, is Brady admitting he slid late. I didn’t know that could happen. 🤷‍♂️ 

He must have only been thinking of sliding, because I don't see any slide there.

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

He must have only been thinking of sliding, because I don't see any slide there.

He was still forming the thought and considering the execution when his helmet ejected!   

I’m glad it happened in Buffalo! 

26 minutes ago, MJS said:

The order to slide had just come in on his helmet radio, but he didn't act quickly enough.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.