Ryan Fitzpatrick calls it a career

Ray Stonada

I know at the moment last game of 2015 I was extremely happy when the Bills knocked him out of his 1 legit shot to make the playoffs.  McKelvin had that crucial INT of him that day.

I think Fitz though did deserve to win that day in retrospect but on the other hand the Jets I don't think still recovered from that.  Actually they still haven't recovered from the Victor Cruz 101 yard TD.  But that game I think would have erased some of those demons.  

I could get though when his career came full circle he'd identify with Buffalo the most for sure  

Edited by Another Fan

4 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

For those of you too young to remember, Kemp & Ferguson (both WOFers) are the 3rd & 4th best QBs we've seen.  Fitz doesn't come close to either of those 2 and if he hadn't been traded, Lamonica would be on the best Bills QB list too ahead of Fitzpatrick.  

I mean, it definitely indicates the depth of our slump that Fitz could be considered the best QB during that time but...well, there ya go.

19 hours ago, WhoTom said:

One-day contract. Get it done, Beane.

Maybe he can hold off filing the retirement paperwork until Allen’s also ready to retire. You know, just trying to keep the bad Fitz juju from signing that contract away from our starting QB’s availability. 

22 hours ago, msw2112 said:

It would be great if the Bills could find a spot for Fitz in the organization.  The coaching staff is probably full, but he could be an "advisor" or "ambassador."  "Community relations?"  He doesn't need the money, but perhaps it's something that he would enjoy doing and that would add some value to the organization. 

He is getting a lucrative offer from Amazon per Adam Schefter to play a key role on their broadcasts

28 minutes ago, muppy said:

fitz.jpg

I know someone with a custom Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey (he went to school with him at Harvard) who will probably get a poster of that if the image is good enough quality.  His jersey was always noticed in crowds with it made from 8 parts of 8 different Fitzpatrick team jerseys.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Fitz is a great guy and had some exciting games, but I remember so many games where Buffalo had the ball, was driving, and we just knew he was going to throw the game ending interception.  Most of the time this was probably due to his tenacity and desire to win, but he would throw up a pass that he just didn't have the arm to complete.  It was like clockwork for a while.  He was never going to accept losing without giving it 100% and that resulted in some crushing INTs.  He was the anti-Tyrod when it came to laying it on the line and taking a risk to win a game or get the first down.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, GreggTX said:

He had some great moments in his career. I think the HOF chatter is absolute nonsense as was the suggestion of putting Kyle Orton on the WOF. Fitz is smart. I could well imagine him as a future coach, GM or as a sports commentator. I once heard him say he wanted to be a portfolio manager on Wall Street, but that would sully his good reputation.

...and Kyle, right?

Technically Kyle played in a playoff game. He's not technically a drought play BUT one of my all time favorites and should be a wall of famer. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/ryan-fitzpatrick-best-games-9-nfl-teams/?taid=629a3e3d802cad0001c3ed43&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Best Ryan Fitzpatrick games from each of his 9 NFL teams

Buffalo Bills — Week 3, 2011 vs. New England Patriots

There is nothing like sticking it to the Pats, and that is what Fitzpatrick did as he went 27-of-40 for 369 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions in a 34-31 win to give Buffalo a 3-0 start to the season.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I mean, it definitely indicates the depth of our slump that Fitz could be considered the best QB during that time but...well, there ya go.

Yeah, it's pretty rough. Though I'd still take Drew Bledsoe over Fitz, but that's based purely on how entertaining I found that offense at times. 

If Kyle Orton wasn't so hell bent on getting out of football as soon as he could, he could've been a competitor as well 🤣

• Eyeroll 1

I will always respect Fitz for his long career and making the most of his opportunity. As I was a season ticket holder during the decade of fail I have not forgotten the pain of losing. We signed Fitz to a lucrative contract and gave him his only real shot at being an NFL starter. It is hard to believe that this is the same team we are today. 

We were truly a mediocre franchise during this era and it's hard to believe it's the same team. Yes, I will always respect Fitz but that was bad football compared to what we have today with the Pegulas, Beane and Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.