Ryan Fitzpatrick calls it a career

Ray Stonada

Not really surprised, the guy had a great career that out shined his actual capacity as a QB, I for one would love to sit down for dinner and drinks and shoot the ***** with him for a few hours, Ryan has a keen sense of humor, I could see emptying a fifth of good whiskey with him, who wants to join us? 

11 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Not really surprised, the guy had a great career that out shined his actual capacity as a QB, I for one would love to sit down for dinner and drinks and shoot the ***** with him for a few hours, Ryan has a keen sense of humor, I could see emptying a fifth of good whiskey with him, who wants to join us? 

I'd love to be there for the part where you tell him he outshined his actual capacity as a QB!!

especially after a bunch of whiskey

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Fitz' comeback win against the Pats will always be one of my favorite Bills games.  We had lost 15 times in a row to them and when the Pats went up 21-0...if there was such a thing as having less than a 0% chance that would've been it.  But somehow he did it.  For those of us too young to really remember Kelly, Fitz is the 2nd best Bills QB we've seen.  A well deserved retirement.  Perhaps the most universally liked player in league history?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

I'd love to be there for the part where you tell him he outshined his actual capacity as a QB!!

especially after a bunch of whiskey

I’m quite sure Ryan is fully aware that that statement is totally true, and he would laugh out loud while pouring another round, 

@WhoTom I cant see this image enough times.  Sign this man to a one day Buffalo Bills  Contract retire as a Bill  RF  ***Here Here***** all time Bills legend.

rawrrrrr lol he's the coolest guy ever. I think I'll post this since it was Fred Jackson that posted regarding it. HILARIOUS.

fitz.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Fitz' comeback win against the Pats will always be one of my favorite Bills games.  We had lost 15 times in a row to them and when the Pats went up 21-0...if there was such a thing as having less than a 0% chance that would've been it.  But somehow he did it.  For those of us too young to really remember Kelly, Fitz is the 2nd best Bills QB we've seen.  A well deserved retirement.  Perhaps the most universally liked player in league history?

For those of you too young to remember, Kemp & Ferguson (both WOFers) are the 3rd & 4th best QBs we've seen.  Fitz doesn't come close to either of those 2 and if he hadn't been traded, Lamonica would be on the best Bills QB list too ahead of Fitzpatrick.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, teef said:

he doesn't owe anyone or the game of football anything.  he's retiring healthy and wealthy.   good for him for living the dream.

As much as I wanted him to retire (as a backup) as a Bill and maybe win a championship with us, this is the right move for him.  Coming off an injury at his age, just take your respectable career earnings (and career in general) and go enjoy your life.

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

It honestly wouldn't even make sense for him to do this unless he truly cares about the Bills being his longest stop of all the teams he played for and the ill advised contract he was given here.

Either way never heard of a backup/journeyman doing this especially one that's played for nearly a 3rd of the teams in this league.

Fitz isn't a normal Journeyman.  His heart is everything that the Bills have stood for as long as I have been a fan.  Sure he wasn't the best player, and he didn't have a ton of success, but the guy is 100% all the time, and that is why he should retire a Bill.

• Agree 1

He had some great moments in his career. I think the HOF chatter is absolute nonsense as was the suggestion of putting Kyle Orton on the WOF. Fitz is smart. I could well imagine him as a future coach, GM or as a sports commentator. I once heard him say he wanted to be a portfolio manager on Wall Street, but that would sully his good reputation.

3 hours ago, blitzboy54 said:

I hope he retires a Bill. He, Stevie, Moorman and Fred are my all time favorite drought players.

...and Kyle, right?

8 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Him and Rivers going to get together to field their own team?

Add in Travis Henry and it should be pretty easy. 

8 hours ago, msw2112 said:

It would be great if the Bills could find a spot for Fitz in the organization.  The coaching staff is probably full, but he could be an "advisor" or "ambassador."  "Community relations?"  He doesn't need the money, but perhaps it's something that he would enjoy doing and that would add some value to the organization. 

Head of PSL sales? 

Edited by Just Jack

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.