Ryan Fitzpatrick calls it a career

Ray Stonada

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

It would be great if the Bills could find a spot for Fitz in the organization.  The coaching staff is probably full, but he could be an "advisor" or "ambassador."  "Community relations?"  He doesn't need the money, but perhaps it's something that he would enjoy doing and that would add some value to the organization. 

Didn't the Pegulas get rid of all the ambassador's for Bills and Sabres?

5 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

It would be great if the Bills could find a spot for Fitz in the organization.  The coaching staff is probably full, but he could be an "advisor" or "ambassador."  "Community relations?"  He doesn't need the money, but perhaps it's something that he would enjoy doing and that would add some value to the organization. 

Harvard grad. I have a feeling he will  be very successful in whatever he wants to do. Probably something outside of football.

Obviously not Hall of Fame worthy, but one of the greatest journeyman QBs the league has ever seen.

He finishes his career 32nd in all-time career passing yards [within 143-700 yards (respectively) of Jay Cutler, Andy Dalton, Jim Kelly, and Alex Smith---and all of those guys had more opportunities and fewer teams...they got to lock in as the starter for one or two teams for long stints].

He finishes 36th in all-time passing TDs (within 10 TDs of players such as Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Steve Young, and Donovan McNabb).

Truly a phenomenal career no matter how you look at it. Congrats Ryan and thanks for the memories! No matter how many teams you played for, you will always be a Bill in our hearts! The legend of Fitzmagic will live on!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, nucci said:

I liked him but he wasn't great

Not many are.  But he was good enough to have a very solid 15+ year career.  And he was fun to watch play most of the time.  

Look up the comeback he led with the Rams as a rookie in 2005 against the Texans.  They were down by at least 20+ pts and led a great rally.  That game always sticks out to me because I was in Vegas that weekend and had a nice bet on the Rams that day.

The guy got the most out of his abilities.  Always respected the game.  And was a great teammate.  Hale to Fitzy!

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How do you know he’s healthy?  Have you checked his prostate?  He’s at the age where it needs to be checked.

I get mine checked every other day. The guy who checks it isn't even a doctor but he has fat fingers and a calming voice

• Vomit 1

Not really shocking since there have been rumblings about this going back to last year when his injury ended up being worse than expected with Washington.

If there was a HOF case to be made for a pure journeyman backup/fringe NFL starter he'd be a lock for Canton.

The greatest moments of the "drought era" were W2 and W3 of the 2011 season when Fitzy first led a comeback victory over the Raiders and followed it up with a comeback win over the Pats***.  I was lucky enough to be at both games and for a fleeting moment that season we thought we had something special.

Love that guy; what a career.  Part of Bills Mafia forever.  Highest earning 7th round pick ever.  Still can't believe he never saw a playoff game.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.