Ryan Fitzpatrick calls it a career

Ray Stonada

32 minutes ago, teef said:

he doesn't owe anyone or the game of football anything.  he's retiring healthy and wealthy.   good for him for living the dream.

Idk about healthy, he had a terrible hip injury last year that required surgery. Gotta think it’s at least a little stiff.

One of my favorite players of the drought Bills, wish we could have made the playoffs with him. Would be cool if he retired a Bill.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How do you know he’s healthy?  Have you checked his prostate?  He’s at the age where it needs to be checked.

i've put these fingers in a few places i'm not proud of...

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Idk about healthy, he had a terrible hip injury last year that required surgery. Gotta think it’s at least a little stiff.

One of my favorite players of the drought Bills, wish we could have made the playoffs with him. Would be cool if he retired a Bill.

very true as i completely forgot about the hip issues.

This dude has to be one of the greatest replacement level players of all time, finishing 32nd All-time on the career passing yards list, only 143 behind Jay Cutler and under 500 yards behind Jim Kelly. Also career earnings of over $82.1 million have to make him one of the highest paid replacement level players of all time as well.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, teef said:

he doesn't owe anyone or the game of football anything.  he's retiring healthy and wealthy.   good for him for living the dream.

Now if only he had some sort of education to fall back on...

• Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

He was the greatest journeyman QB of all time...and I don't mean that as an insult.  

Agreed...32nd on the NFL Career passing yards list, under 500 behind Jim Kelly, and trailing Jay Cutler by 143 and Andy Dalton by under 300 yards.  Made over $82.1 Million in his career...not too shabby.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Agreed...32nd on the NFL Career passing yards list, under 500 behind Jim Kelly, and trailing Jay Cutler by 143 and Andy Dalton by under 300 yards.  Made over $82.1 Million in his career...not too shabby.

Exactly...he just wasn't given the God Given natural ability guys like Josh Allen or Aaron Rodgers were gifted with but he absolutely made the most out of what he had.

• Agree 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

Love Fitz, but at this point does he belong to any one team or to every team at this point?

Clearly the Bills hold a special place in his heart and he has said repeatedly that Buffalo was his favorite place to play by far and it wasn't even close.

It would be great if the Bills could find a spot for Fitz in the organization.  The coaching staff is probably full, but he could be an "advisor" or "ambassador."  "Community relations?"  He doesn't need the money, but perhaps it's something that he would enjoy doing and that would add some value to the organization. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Clearly the Bills hold a special place in his heart and he has said repeatedly that Buffalo was his favorite place to play by far and it wasn't even close.

Don't disagree, I just think it'd be funny if he retired in a Jersey made up of all the teams he was on.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.