Andre Smith Suspended for PEDs

aristocrat

17 hours ago, Gugny said:

Is there really any sense in banning these substances?  My guess is that most players are using SOMETHING illegal.  The NFL has been fueled my manmade monsters for decades.  Let them shrivel their nuts.  Who cares?

Totally agree, It is long past the time for the NFL to stop this charade on PEDs, the league has been rife with their use for sixty plus years now, it’s a running joke at this point, everyone know these guys use.

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

Tom Brady has a doctor who isn't a PhD. His TB12 system made Edelman pop for PEDs. Alex Guerrero went from checkered past "alternative medicine" nut to the fixer for players looking to play past their prime (mostly current and former Patriots players). He's playing longer than anyone has played before. I'm sure there's nothing suspicious about it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, H2o said:

You can find anything at the gym and I had multiple friends and knew people in general who used roids. You could always spot them a mile away from their attitude, to the fact their backs were broken out like a 15 year old, their muscle structure, and the excessively protruding veins. One of the guys worked with me at the chemical plant. He had a massive heart attack at 26-27 years old and the doctors told him it was directly related to his usage because he had no other health defects. You also see an increased injury risk because your tendons become more stiff. The body in turn pushing weight it has not naturally been trained to handle puts you at risk of ruptures. The increased stress put on one's body, because the roids make them feel like Superman, will speed up the aging process. High school kids can also stunt their growth if they start messing with this stuff early. The levels of testosterone actually signal the body to stop bone growth when it is overproduced due to usage. A cycle here or there over an extended period of years, after one has stopped natural growth, may not be that bad as a whole. But becoming reliant upon them will have damaging long term effects and could cost you your life. 

I don't disagree with any of this, the big difference is abuse vs use. If your buddy had stuck to testosterone only, taken proper pct protocol. Kept his dosages down, stay after bloodwork, he very likely wouldn't deal with any of this. 

Everyone wants to hop on tren and have no idea what it does to their lipid profiles. People running 25 week cycles. Using s*** form, worrying about 1 rep maxes.

There's smart ways to do all this and minimize risk, and then there's dumb ways.

As far as teenagers, zero reason for them to hop on anything. Teenagers are basically on cycle, naturally (hence anyone with a teenage son that "showers" 4xs a day 😆). What teenagers need to learn is good form, and HOW TO EAT!!! Everyone wants to skip learning that cause its not sexy, but if you have a wrestler/hockey/football player in your house, wanting to put on size, help them get on a good diet plan and watch them explode if they have good work ethic in weight rooms.

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Tom Brady has a doctor who isn't a PhD. His TB12 system made Edelman pop for PEDs. Alex Guerrero went from checkered past "alternative medicine" nut to the fixer for players looking to play past their prime (mostly current and former Patriots players). He's playing longer than anyone has played before. I'm sure there's nothing suspicious about it. 

Brady is a walking advertisement for why hgh has a place in sports. Is it "enhancing" his performance? Depends on how you want to define it.

Did it make him better? No. Did it allow him to extend his career greatly, and avoid major injuries that shoulda knocked a 43yr old out by now, yes. I have no issue with players extending their careers, and the nfl doesn't either, as they've never had anyone suspended for hgh.

I suspect Brady jumped on that train after he blew out his knee week 1, realized how much better his body felt and never turned back! 

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I don't disagree with any of this, the big difference is abuse vs use. If your buddy had stuck to testosterone only, taken proper pct protocol. Kept his dosages down, stay after bloodwork, he very likely wouldn't deal with any of this. 

Everyone wants to hop on tren and have no idea what it does to their lipid profiles. People running 25 week cycles. Using s*** form, worrying about 1 rep maxes.

There's smart ways to do all this and minimize risk, and then there's dumb ways.

As far as teenagers, zero reason for them to hop on anything. Teenagers are basically on cycle, naturally (hence anyone with a teenage son that "showers" 4xs a day 😆). What teenagers need to learn is good form, and HOW TO EAT!!! Everyone wants to skip learning that cause its not sexy, but if you have a wrestler/hockey/football player in your house, wanting to put on size, help them get on a good diet plan and watch them explode if they have good work ethic in weight rooms.

Absolutely, the main difference is between a random cycle and steady abuse. I've seen people get addicted to it pretty much. It seems more mental with them than anything else. They don't really lose any size at all, but their max's may drop a bit. Then you talk to them and they act like the world is coming to an end. I know my co-worker was taking too much and that's what caught up with him. 

About the HS kids? You'd be surprised the pressure some of them feel because of their living situations. I live in a small city called Hopewell, VA. Hopewell has produced two NFL caliber players the last few years. For a city as small as ours, that's amazing to me. Darrell Taylor, a 2nd Round pick of the Seahawks in 2020, and soon to be NFL RB TreVeyon Henderson. There are a lot of kids in a tough spot here, just like many other places. They see sports as their only way out. Some of them would do just about damn near anything if they thought it would help them get there. All you can do is try to help guide them in the right direction. Like you said, diet and putting in the work naturally (with proper form) will take them where they are trying to get to physically. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, H2o said:

You can find anything at the gym and I had multiple friends and knew people in general who used roids. You could always spot them a mile away from their attitude, to the fact their backs were broken out like a 15 year old, their muscle structure, and the excessively protruding veins. One of the guys worked with me at the chemical plant. He had a massive heart attack at 26-27 years old and the doctors told him it was directly related to his usage because he had no other health defects. You also see an increased injury risk because your tendons become more stiff. The body in turn pushing weight it has not naturally been trained to handle puts you at risk of ruptures. The increased stress put on one's body, because the roids make them feel like Superman, will speed up the aging process. High school kids can also stunt their growth if they start messing with this stuff early. The levels of testosterone actually signal the body to stop bone growth when it is overproduced due to usage. A cycle here or there over an extended period of years, after one has stopped natural growth, may not be that bad as a whole. But becoming reliant upon them will have damaging long term effects and could cost you your life. 

They interviewed several doctors in the documentary and their opinions were far more benign that this. Many of them prescribe steroids when patients need to recover from illnesses or surgeries, or are just old.

If an adult wants it bad enough and is in the right type of gym, meaning more of the heavy hitters vs.  fitness places for regular people and soccer moms.  They’ll find it.

I competed as a powerlifter nationally and regionally for 16 years.  The smart bodybuilders who are at a pro level at least do it under a doctors care and strict monitoring.  The doctors if they have a working knowledge of this stuff as not every urologist, or interventionalist may not know which things to administrate and what clears the fastest.

My guess are the freaks know in the off season when is greatest window to avoid PED testing, and know when to get off this stuff before the expected clearance times.

Ive never thought the NFL was clean, but In a bit jaded as I’ve seen more of this stuff in life than many.  Thankfully I was never tempted and went into tested and untested meets.  Perfect nutrition, form technique, cycling up meaning escalating programs to get the most out of my body and do it clean.  I’ve been hair, urine, and the old days lie detected as they used to administer in tested meets.

Im not going to accuse a particular player as I was on a team with a lot of blank strong individuals who most had world records at the time.

As far as this guy, it’s not a leap he was either desperate to make the team, or using in a rehab for an injury.  I believe in personal choice so if you want to put in medicines at a way over the limit level, they are taking to risk.  I just don’t care.  The NFL and other sports should be more closely monitored with increased random monitoring.  

That costs money though and the NFL will get more black eyes with star players which is not what they want.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:14 AM, Don Otreply said:

Totally agree, It is long past the time for the NFL to stop this charade on PEDs, the league has been rife with their use for sixty plus years now, it’s a running joke at this point, everyone know these guys use.

Go Bills!!!

If this were the case, couldn't players sue for uneven enforcement of the rule? Seems like so many players being suspended would be of your same opinion then and not want to lose their game checks and as a result making a huge stink about it.

On 6/1/2022 at 10:56 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

Is this part of the process? 

I wouldn’t be surprised if McDermott doesn’t care about PED usage outside of it affecting availability. Compared to recreational drugs which I think he would abhor,  I bet he sees it as being all in on being committed  to football performance. Clearly just my own opinion. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

If this were the case, couldn't players sue for uneven enforcement of the rule? Seems like so many players being suspended would be of your same opinion then and not want to lose their game checks and as a result making a huge stink about it.

I don’t think the players are going to stop their own gravy train, no way that happens, every player is in the top three percent of wage earners in this country, every single year, which means top 1 percent worldwide, talk about cutting one’s nose off to spite your face…, nuthin but luv,

Go Bills!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.