Andre Smith Suspended for PEDs

aristocrat

6 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Hilarious. Several comedians have done this notion justice. Obviously, show me the TRUE limits of human athleticism and violence (or violent athleticism) on the football field. Like doomed gladiators. 

But that's of course just effing unethical, inhumane, and evil. The number of players who pursue the sport as a way out, and up, who sacrifice so much even WITHOUT the added necessity to use PEDs. It's obviously an option to almost any player who wants it. But to make it essentially a requirement is just monstrous. 

Making it a requirement is not what I suggested.  I would guess someone is naïve if he thinks that every player on both sides of the line is not using steroids ... as well as most other positions using some sort of performance enhancing substance.  This crap starts in high school, if not earlier.

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Making it a requirement is not what I suggested.  I would guess someone is naïve if he thinks that every player on both sides of the line is not using steroids ... as well as most other positions using some sort of performance enhancing substance.  This crap starts in high school, if not earlier.

You didn't DIRECTLY suggest it, no doubt. But removing bans on especially serious PEDs is dangerous and leads down the path to ALMOST/INFORMALLY REQUIRED use of powerful stuff at young ages. I know it's a problem already, but I don't think it's a problem we should AMPLIFY.

I was just being a pedantic jerk anyways. I actually loved your post. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Is there really any sense in banning these substances?  My guess is that most players are using SOMETHING illegal.  The NFL has been fueled my manmade monsters for decades.  Let them shrivel their nuts.  Who cares?

Exactly. Nfl is by farrrrrrrr the dirtiest professional sport in the world.  The testing is a joke, and it's done that way intentionally. If they switched to UFC testing, there would be about 3 players left per team.

Thing is when these guys do get caught they're not taking anabolic steroids. It's almost exclusively designer peptides and hgh. Most of the general public hears hgh and thinks of peak Barry Bonds, giant chest, tight sleeves, it's a misconception. Hgh isn't making anyone "big". 

Hgh is rampant because it slows the deterioration players see with age and physical abuse. Allows them to get back from injuries (major & minor) faster, heal from brutal games and grueling practices. Allow them to over train, hitting the gym between all the other abuse.

In 15 years hgh is going to be an almost household item. Growth hormones slows with age. Muscles and tendons soften. It's the reason old guys wake up at 5am, even though they want to sleep. Vision, skin, hair, bones, restful sleep, energy levels, all fade the older we get.

Growth is the closest we have to fountain of youth and is generally considered safe.

Your favorite milf 50yr old in Hollywood, looks younger than everyone else. It ain't luck lol. It's EVERYWHERE

Bottom line taking growth, can greatly improve quality of life! There's a stigma because needles are scary and some times used for bad. If you're aging and money isn't a concern, do yourself a favor and see a hormone replacement clinic.

(Sorry for bit of tangent/rant, but it's time to end the stigma. Your insurance might even pay for it!)

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

If testing was fair and status didn't matter.

You look at a guy like JJ Watt and tell me half of his blood content isn't steroids.  No way.  But lo and behold ... never tests positive.

It's the NFL way.  Same reason why Deshaun Watson got a mega deal even though he's a sexual predator.  If some fringe backup QB had those accusations, the NFL would "take a stand."

They just need to stop pretending.  They don't give a crap what the high profile/elite players do.  

Not arguing with you but wasn't Hopkins suspended for 6 games for PEDs this season? And he is a top 3 WR.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Exactly. Nfl is by farrrrrrrr the dirtiest professional sport in the world.  The testing is a joke, and it's done that way intentionally. If they switched to UFC testing, there would be about 3 players left per team.

Thing is when these guys do get caught they're not taking anabolic steroids. It's almost exclusively designer peptides and hgh. Most of the general public hears hgh and thinks of peak Barry Bonds, giant chest, tight sleeves, it's a misconception. Hgh isn't making anyone "big". 

Hgh is rampant because it slows the deterioration players see with age and physical abuse. Allows them to get back from injuries (major & minor) faster, heal from brutal games and grueling practices. Allow them to over train, hitting the gym between all the other abuse.

In 15 years hgh is going to be an almost household item. Growth hormones slows with age. Muscles and tendons soften. It's the reason old guys wake up at 5am, even though they want to sleep. Vision, skin, hair, bones, restful sleep, energy levels, all fade the older we get.

Growth is the closest we have to fountain of youth and is generally considered safe.

Your favorite milf 50yr old in Hollywood, looks younger than everyone else. It ain't luck lol. It's EVERYWHERE

Bottom line taking growth, can greatly improve quality of life! There's a stigma because needles are scary and some times used for bad. If you're aging and money isn't a concern, do yourself a favor and see a hormone replacement clinic.

(Sorry for bit of tangent/rant, but it's time to end the stigma. Your insurance might even pay for it!)

There is actually a really good documentary on whether “steroid abuse” is actually bad. 

. “Bigger, stronger, faster”

it makes it seem that most of the health risks are overblown and that the real question is what is fair to expect/allow athletes to do to compete.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, vincec said:

There is actually a really good documentary on whether “steroid abuse” is actually bad. 

. “Bigger, stronger, faster”

it makes it seem that most of the health risks are overblown and that the real question is what is fair to expect/allow athletes to do to compete.

You can find anything at the gym and I had multiple friends and knew people in general who used roids. You could always spot them a mile away from their attitude, to the fact their backs were broken out like a 15 year old, their muscle structure, and the excessively protruding veins. One of the guys worked with me at the chemical plant. He had a massive heart attack at 26-27 years old and the doctors told him it was directly related to his usage because he had no other health defects. You also see an increased injury risk because your tendons become more stiff. The body in turn pushing weight it has not naturally been trained to handle puts you at risk of ruptures. The increased stress put on one's body, because the roids make them feel like Superman, will speed up the aging process. High school kids can also stunt their growth if they start messing with this stuff early. The levels of testosterone actually signal the body to stop bone growth when it is overproduced due to usage. A cycle here or there over an extended period of years, after one has stopped natural growth, may not be that bad as a whole. But becoming reliant upon them will have damaging long term effects and could cost you your life. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

If testing was fair and status didn't matter.

You look at a guy like JJ Watt and tell me half of his blood content isn't steroids.  No way.  But lo and behold ... never tests positive.

It's the NFL way.  Same reason why Deshaun Watson got a mega deal even though he's a sexual predator.  If some fringe backup QB had those accusations, the NFL would "take a stand."

They just need to stop pretending.  They don't give a crap what the high profile/elite players do.  

Link. JJ  has never been linked to ped's. 

Edited by noacls
Spelling

10 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I’m with you, except I think Bernard is yet another wasted 3rd round pick, and they’ll be drafting a LB higher next year to replace the guy they could have drafted hadn’t been fixated on a “need” position in the rounds before.  If they re-sign Edmunds to a top 5 level deal, I’ll officially give up on McBeane.

so have you unofficially given up on McBeane?

1 hour ago, noacls said:

Link. JJ  has never been linked to ped's. 

If you need a link to know that JJ Watt has been using steroids for his entire career, then I don't know what to tell you, man.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

Is there really any sense in banning these substances?  My guess is that most players are using SOMETHING illegal.  The NFL has been fueled my manmade monsters for decades.  Let them shrivel their nuts.  Who cares?

Sounds like someone likes shriveled nuts.

30 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Aww c'mom. His posts are insightful. You just have to get past his avatar. You can do it.

Adblock, not just for ads.  I have a number of Peter Pan sites blocked.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.