Andre Smith Suspended for PEDs

aristocrat

21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Is there really any sense in banning these substances?  My guess is that most players are using SOMETHING illegal.  The NFL has been fueled my manmade monsters for decades.  Let them shrivel their nuts.  Who cares?

Exactly! signed...Lyle Alazado, Bill Romanowski...What are PEDS anyway? Deer antler spray? Nugenix? B12? I would think anabolic steroids were 2 or 3 decades ago. Maybe I'm naive.

5 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I thought he looked good in the preseason, but I doubt he makes the final roster now. This paves the way for a guy like Joe Giles-Harris or Baylon Spector to crack the final 53.

Not projecting future FA signings or draft picks, I could see Barnard, Milano and Spector as a very good to great 4-3 LB setup. No way in H they can be dumb enough to pay Edmunds 15+ per yr. .I'll shave my head if he all off a sudden makes game changing play(s) this year.

10 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I thought he looked good in the preseason, but I doubt he makes the final roster now. This paves the way for a guy like Joe Giles-Harris or Baylon Spector to crack the final 53.

I mean if he doesn't cost against the 53 why not hang on to him and make the decision down the road.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Is there really any sense in banning these substances?  My guess is that most players are using SOMETHING illegal.  The NFL has been fueled my manmade monsters for decades.  Let them shrivel their nuts.  Who cares?

I imagine some of the reason they crack down of  PEDS is they are known to cause health problems when used excessively and with the safety concerns over effects from concussions it really does add to quality of life and when the nfl is paying settlements to vets over health issues they shouldn't be liable for health problems the players themselves cause to their bodies.  It's not like a health issues cause can be definitively traced to a specific injury.  Jr Seau cause of his suicide is generally attributed to cte and yet he may have dabbled in some peds that also could have been the root cause of his depression that led to his suicide.  No evidence he used any PEDs so its likely the cte but it's not impossible that Jr did use some peds at some point in his football career, maybe unknowingly if he went to a college with any shady strength conditioning staffs.  

Edited by AuntieEm

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Is there really any sense in banning these substances?  My guess is that most players are using SOMETHING illegal.  The NFL has been fueled my manmade monsters for decades.  Let them shrivel their nuts.  

Totally agree. The NFL did nothing about CTE for 40 years, now they're committed to wiping out antihistamines not on the approved list. Makes total sense. 

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, it looks better for the NFL in court later.

3 hours ago, nosejob said:

Not projecting future FA signings or draft picks, I could see Barnard, Milano and Spector as a very good to great 4-3 LB setup. No way in H they can be dumb enough to pay Edmunds 15+ per yr. .I'll shave my head if he all off a sudden makes game changing play(s) this year.

I’m with you, except I think Bernard is yet another wasted 3rd round pick, and they’ll be drafting a LB higher next year to replace the guy they could have drafted hadn’t been fixated on a “need” position in the rounds before.  If they re-sign Edmunds to a top 5 level deal, I’ll officially give up on McBeane.

• Vomit 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Tremaine Edmunds job is safe.

Not after this season

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The guy who held on lil dirty’s go ahead kick return vs the Titans last season 

And had no impact on the return. Terrible play by Smith and correct call by the refs even if it was far enough from the return guy not to make a difference.

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Hilarious. Several comedians have done this notion justice. Obviously, show me the TRUE limits of human athleticism and violence (or violent athleticism) on the football field. Like doomed gladiators. 

But that's of course just effing unethical, inhumane, and evil. The number of players who pursue the sport as a way out, and up, who sacrifice so much even WITHOUT the added necessity to use PEDs. It's obviously an option to almost any player who wants it. But to make it essentially a requirement is just monstrous. 

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.