Andre Smith Suspended for PEDs

aristocrat

I thought he had a shot to make it as the last LB on the roster for his familiarity with the team and Special Teams ability, but that he was going to have to beat out Marquel Lee and Baylon Spector for the job and the team would have to be keeping 6 this season instead of the 5 they kept last season for it to happen.

Now there's 0 chance he makes the 53. Though I do think there's a chance for him to be on the Practice Squad again.

Is there really any sense in banning these substances?  My guess is that most players are using SOMETHING illegal.  The NFL has been fueled my manmade monsters for decades.  Let them shrivel their nuts.  Who cares?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Is there really any sense in banning these substances?  My guess is that most players are using SOMETHING illegal.  The NFL has been fueled my manmade monsters for decades.  Let them shrivel their nuts.  Who cares?

Are many doing PED and getting away with it in the NFL? Likely.  

I still agree with suspension for PED use. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DJB said:

Are many doing PED and getting away with it in the NFL? Likely.  

I still agree with suspension for PED use. 

If testing was fair and status didn't matter.

You look at a guy like JJ Watt and tell me half of his blood content isn't steroids.  No way.  But lo and behold ... never tests positive.

It's the NFL way.  Same reason why Deshaun Watson got a mega deal even though he's a sexual predator.  If some fringe backup QB had those accusations, the NFL would "take a stand."

They just need to stop pretending.  They don't give a crap what the high profile/elite players do.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Liability issues if they condone or even tacitly encourage their use.  PR issues if they don’t ban them. 

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Topic is closed sir, you win the TBD site today!!! 🤣

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Liability issues if they condone or even tacitly encourage their use.  PR issues if they don’t ban them. 

They can treat it like they treat marijuana.  Ban it, but don't test for it.  But if they're gonna test, they should be testing everyone the same way.  Clearly they're not.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Gugny said:

They can treat it like they treat marijuana.  Ban it, but don't test for it.  But if they're gonna test, they should be testing everyone the same way.  Clearly they're not.

Much different optics.  When there’s this kind of money at stake there are always going to be people who cheat to get more of it.  It’s economics.  Usually the best you can do is hold some of them accountable.

15 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

He looked good last preseason though

He took Justin Fields head off... And also got called for the holding penalty that brought back Lil Dirty's KO return for a TD that would have put the Bills ahead of the Titans late in the 4th quarter on MNF last season... Not the smartest player in the world apparently. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

He looked good last preseason though

I agree and my impression was that he had/has a good  aggressive pass rush ability and actually like him better than Dodson.

He looked to me like a solid hitter. JMO

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.