Allen tied for 5th lowest checkdown rate in NFL

Big Turk

Only 4.6% of his throws are checkdown, tied with Mayfield as the lowest in the NFL...nice disparity between all the Captain Checkdowns we have had over the years.

Surprised Tua isn't in the highest...he actually is second lowest.

Also hilarious Carr is in the highest category because Patriots doubled his checkdown repeatedly in their last game they played and Carr didn't know what to do 😂

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pff-bills-qb-josh-allen-144520453.html

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Not surprising as JA is always looking to get downfield.  It also seems that there were not a ton of designed checkdown options.

Yes...I think honestly because Allen's checkdown option often times is to use his legs and I think it was designed like that...all routes are deeper meaning that defenders have to drop deeper and Allen has more room to roam.

I think the addition of Cook changes that a little. He is a threat to take screens and swings to the house.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yes...I think honestly because Allen's checkdown option often times is to use his legs and I think it was designed like that...all routes are deeper meaning that defenders have to drop deeper and Allen has more room to roam.

I think the addition of Cook changes that a little. He is a threat to take screens and swings to the house.

Yeah, I think JA’s mentality is that a six or seven yard pass is a checkdown. Speaking of which I did not see how PFF designated what is a checkdown.

Wow, tied for the worst.   Cut him.  

I’m so sick of him not adapting to a west coast offense.  Take each play 3 yards at a time, stop trying to be hero.  

Sure, it’s cool to not punt and score 40+ a game.  But imagine long drives in games we may win by 3 points.  

Bring back Trent!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yeah, I think JA’s mentality is that a six or seven yard pass is a checkdown. Speaking of which I did not see how PFF designated what is a checkdown.

I would imagine a back out of the backfield or a player sitting down within 3-4 yards of the LOS, but not sure what they define it as.

28 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Excellent post

I always think back to one particular play — I wish I could remember what game it was — where Allen has forever in the pocket, so he looks, looks, looks downfield, and nothing is open, so he finally checks it down to Singletary…but the WAY he checks it down. He throws the ball incredibly hard and puts his whole body into it. His body language just screams “annoyed”. Like he seemed so angry that he had to check it down.

If I can find the play, I’ll post it here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Based on his running style, Captain Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself. 

Allen doesn't take that many hard hits...he usually gets out of bounds or avoids hits well

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.