RIP cardinals CB Jeff Gladney

YoloinOhio

My kid turns 25 this year. Maybe it is because football still makes me feel like I did when I was younger watching grown-ups playing my favorite sport every Sunday, but it’s not often that I view these kids as kids. I still see them as grown-ups playing a game. A situation like this really refreshes  one’s perspective.

Rest in peace son.

On a lighter but associated note. I had the same type of perspective changing moment when Cal Peterson’s dad come in for training one time. I couldn’t figure out a way to tell him that a bunch of grown men and women ware excited for his son to become next franchise goaltender for the Sabres. So I just shook his hand and said hello. I couldn’t wrap my brain around telling a kid’s dad that a grown ass man was  following his son’s college career at Notre Dame.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Wow to achieve a dream and buy your mom a house only to have to exit the planet two days later…so sad 😢 

Obviously we don’t know these people, and it’s always horribly sad, but to see he just bought his mother a house says a lot about this young man. Such a kind, generous and family oriented act is a fine legacy. 

RIP 

2020 first round pick of the Vikings. Would be indicted for domestic violence and subsequently released by the Vikings in Aug 2021. He would later be found not guilty of the charges. Gladney signed with the Cardinals in March 2022. RIP. Far too young.

Not trying to jump to conclusions but if this is also alcohol related it ought to be a MAJOR wake up call to the league and teams to put more emphasis on this issue with the younger players in the league. Riggs, Haskins and now Gladney incidents all in one calendar year??? Of course it should be a wake up call to all players themselves. GET A DAMN UBER OR DONT GO OUT! YOU CAN EASILY AFFORD IT! WTF!!!

Edited by StHustle
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.