ESPN -Dead Company walking?

Chandler#81

22,000 viewers/day leaving the network. Once the premiere sports network, has become a complete waste of sports fans time. Granted, streaming is killing cable, but this show has been dying for years. Aside from Wilbon & Cornhieser (which I don’t watch anymore either), I literally can’t stand any of their talking heads. Stephen A?, Keyshawn? Steve Levy? Bayless? Irvin?

Fuggetaboutit !

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 8

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

22,000 viewers/day leaving the network. Once the premiere sports network, has become a complete waste of sports fans time. Granted, streaming is killing cable, but this show has been dying for years. Aside from Wilbon & Cornhieser (which I don’t watch anymore either), I literally can’t stand any of their talking heads. Stephen A?, Keyshawn? Steve Levy? Bayless? Irvin?

Fuggetaboutit !

Big Stephen A. Smith fan here. When he talks, I listen, quite the entertainer.:thumbsup:

• Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

yep

you cannot just quit espn channels a la carte - this is called cord-cutting where subscribers drop service tier(s) or service all together.

what is being discussed is thinly veiled politics which should be blocked but has not because the mods have not yet noticed or are tolerating...

Cord cutting is a scam.

we are all going to get screwed. Rather than 60 or 80 bucks a month for cable, you’ll be paying $15 for Netflix, $15 for ESPN+, $12 for Hulu, $15 for HBO max, etc etc etc. 

And of course, it takes way longer to find something you want to watch by switching these streaming services.

We have been hoodwinked.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 10
  • Haha (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, Rico said:

Big Stephen A. Smith fan here. When he talks, I listen, quite the entertainer.:thumbsup:

this but unironically. 

his clowning on the cowboys every November/December is must watch. 

Of course those clips can be seen on Twitter for free. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

And non-stop coverage of Lebron James and Tim Tebow

Yeah I think it has less to do with the political stuff than it does the constantly underwhelming talent. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Use to love ESPN in the good ol' days, now it just seems like a bunch of people yelling and screaming at each other with little to no insight on actual sports. Much prefer cherry picking what I want to see off YouTube for free.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I think I'd rather listen to ESPN than Dead and Company.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I don't understand the reference. I really like the Grateful Dead (went to about 40 shows from '73 - '90, several in Buffalo at the stadium like the one with 10,000 Maniacs and the one with Dylan, and at the Aud and a great one at Shea). I haven't seen Dead and Co., but the music is good, although I think we all miss Jerry. Is this something about John Mayer? Honestly, I'm confused. Okay - I am getting old. I re-read the title 🤪

Edited by Chas56

4 minutes ago, Chas56 said:

Maybe I'm getting old, but I don't understand the reference. I really like the Grateful Dead (went to about 40 shows from '73 - '90, several in Buffalo at the stadium like the one with 10,000 Maniacs and the one with Dylan, and at the Aud and a great one at Shea). I haven't seen Dead and Co., but the music is good, although I think we all miss Jerry. Is this something about John Mayer? Honestly, I'm confused.

40 shows of the same band?  Why so many?  Did you forget that you went?  J/K :P

:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1