Stefon Diggs named fourth best WR in the NFL

BillsFan619

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Adams, Hopkins, Kupp, JaMarr Chase and Justin Jefferson. Then Diggs is my list.

You have a rookie who only has 81 receptions in the NFL ahead of Diggs who, not only with his year in and year out consistency, has had over 125 receptions in one year?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

He's number 2 on my list.

Only behind Tyreek Hill

I think he’s better than Tyreek Hill.

Don’t get me wrong, Tyreek Hill is good. That said, once his speed starts to decline with age, he doesn’t have the route running and pass catching ability that Diggs has. Not even close.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

You have a rookie who only has 81 receptions in the NFL ahead of Diggs who, not only with his year in and year out consistency, has had over 125 receptions in one year?

Chase is one of the few receivers I’d trade Diggs for. I know it’s blasphemous to speak against your own superstar, but that guy is scary explosive. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Don’t get me wrong, Tyreek Hill is good. That said, once his speed starts to decline with age, he doesn’t have the route running and pass catching ability that Diggs has. Not even close.

This is absolutely false.  Hill is an outstanding route runner.  I will never understand why people here keep saying this. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

Weird to argue WR rankings amongst the premium tier likes of Hill, Adams, Kupp, Hopkins, Chase, Jefferson, Diggs, Evans, etc., given how uniquely gifted each guy is on that list. Celebrating one does not necessarily denigrate another. Could also probably toss in a few more prominent WRs (Brown, Thielen, Metcalf, Robinson, Samuel, and McLauren) to create a dangerous top-10/15. 

Of that cohort, only Tyreek Hill has coverage-busting cheetah wheels. The cheat code. Joystick movement skills. Paired with Jaylen Waddle, they could be a problematic duo to defend against, especially if Miami establishes its zone run schemes and play action concepts. Preston Williams has always struck me as more talented than he's shown, to be fair.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

Receivers are only as good as the guy throwing the ball.

Lets see how good Adams is with Carr instead of Rodgers.

Lets see how good Hill is with Tua instead of Mahomes.

I guarantee those guys will see a dip in production. Chase is impressive and he has the QB but lets see him do it more than just one season. 

Now Jefferson is scary. Cousins is not a scrub but he's not elite either and Jefferson would probably top 2k with someone like Josh, Mahomes or ARod.

John Brown with Allen= Career year.

Diggs with Allen= Career year.

Beasley with Allen= Career year. 

Kupp with Stafford= Career year.

See what I'm getting at? To me its,

Adams

Hopkins

Diggs

Hill

Kupp

Jefferson

Chase

JMHO of course....

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

12 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

No…no he’s not.  He’s a better person than Tyreek, that’s not disputable but Reek is arguably the most athletic freak of a human to ever play the sport.  

4 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

On what planet is Hill better than Adams?

Earth? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Receivers are only as good as the guy throwing the ball.

Lets see how good Adams is with Carr instead of Rodgers.

Lets see how good Hill is with Tua instead of Mahomes.

I guarantee those guys will see a dip in production. Chase is impressive and he has the QB but lets see him do it more than just one season. 

Now Jefferson is scary. Cousins is not a scrub but he's not elite either and Jefferson would probably top 2k with someone like Josh, Mahomes or ARod.

John Brown with Allen= Career year.

Diggs with Allen= Career year.

Beasley with Allen= Career year. 

Kupp with Stafford= Career year.

See what I'm getting at? To me its,

Adams

Hopkins

Diggs

Hill

Kupp

Jefferson

Chase

JMHO of course....

I do think Kupp is too low on your list, he had over 300 more yards than the next closest receiver last year.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

People act like I said Sammy Watkins is better than Diggs. Lol.

My gripe would be let’s just see chase string together a couple years before we’re putting him above perennial pro bowler/all pro. that seems sorta obvious to me. 

Personally I think Adams is the top dog until proven otherwise and the next 5-6 dudes can all switch places depending on the debate. Just happy we have a top 5 caliber guy.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.