Gabe Davis named breakout candidate for 2022

BillsFan619

On 5/27/2022 at 12:10 PM, Logic said:

I wonder, with the money recently committed to Diggs, if they’ll be able to afford are-signing Davis in a couple seasons.

I guess that’s a problem for another day.

Agreed. But like you said, let’s wait to cross that bridge and see what voodoo magic Beane can continue to do with the salary “cap.” 

Gabe Davis had my heart !
If we need more at WR we just need outside speed to have enough respect from defenses to run with him.

That what Sanders was supposed to help with. Pulling coverage and maybe catching the ball lol.

Is Lil D  McK a guy that can do that in a straight line ay least ?

I also think Davis will have very nice season :D

I expect his regular season stats will probably double. His first two seasons are almost identical.

2020: 35 rec. 599 yds 7 TDs

2021: 35 rec. 549 yds 6TDs

As the #2 this year he should probably be up around 70 catches for 1100 yards and 12 TDs. 

23 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Did you forget that we added Crowder? How many veteran WR’s does the team need? Last year we had three in Diggs, Beasley and Sanders. But Sanders took snaps away from Davis. In the end I think we would have been better off with just Diggs and Beasley as the vets. This team doesn’t need more than two veteran WR’s.

Plus, recent trends have been for young receivers to produce right away in their first year. 

I'm just not that high on Crowder at least in terms of the idea he's going to be a drop in replacement for Beasely ( or have even better numbers).

Also another guy that can't stay healthy.

4 hours ago, blacklabel said:

I expect his regular season stats will probably double. His first two seasons are almost identical.

2020: 35 rec. 599 yds 7 TDs

2021: 35 rec. 549 yds 6TDs

As the #2 this year he should probably be up around 70 catches for 1100 yards and 12 TDs. 

I dunno, with adding Howard and a couple pass catching RBs, and anticipating better run blocking with Bates and our old O-line coach back in the mix, I'd be surprised if he cracks 1000 yards even as the #2.

On 5/28/2022 at 3:24 PM, purple haze said:

Jamison Crowder is a veteran WR.  He’s good too.   However, the Bills have reached the point where it’s time to let Davis play.  It’s year three for him and he’s flashed great potential since his rookie season.   This year he will be unleashed on the league.

I think Crowder and Davis will be on the field at the same time.

X - Diggs/Shakir (Shakir backup and gives Diggs and Davis some rest)

Z - Davis/Shakir

Y - Crowder/McKenzie (Crowder replaces Beasley)

TE - Knox

RB - Cook

Pass catching RB was a dimension that we didn't have last season and Beane added it.

How is the defense going to stop the offense ?  Who will they key in on ?  Someone will be open !

Josh will have 5 targets every down without specifically running a 4 WR set.

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I dunno, with adding Howard and a couple pass catching RBs, and anticipating better run blocking with Bates and our old O-line coach back in the mix, I'd be surprised if he cracks 1000 yards even as the #2.

Anything is possible, but unlike his first two seasons I think this season they're gonna feature Gabe quite a bit and he won't be one of the first to go out when they wanna get some plays for say, Crowder, McKenzie, Howard, and Cook, as you suggested. Someone else will be rotating out as I expect his snap count to increase quite a bit. I've also read several times that with Dorsey's offense we might see even more pass attempts from Josh. I think they'll be doing that whole "extension of the run game" thing with screens, swings, wheel routes and throws to the flats in addition to a traditional zone running scheme as McDermott emphasizes the importance of a solid run game. 

I hope everyone on the team has 97 catches for 1900 yards and 16 TDs this season. 

Maybe its just me, but how many TDs and clutch catches does this guy have in his first two seasons?  I”m thinking this is a low hanging fruit prediction, in which he is  already pretty well established as a high quality wide out…, just sayin.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.