Gabe Davis named breakout candidate for 2022

BillsFan619

Whenever he's been asked to step up, he's done so.   Defenses can't focus on him because Stefon Diggs is on the other side, and Buffalo has capable slot guys too, not to mention weapons at TE and running back.  Of course, teams have struggled at trying to stop Josh Allen for a long time with not much success.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Do you think Gabe is up for the challenge of being a #2WR?

Only 35 catches yet 550 yards, 6 TDs.  He had 15.7 YPC and no one left on this roster came close to that. He's the #2 WR right now.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I wonder, with the money recently committed to Diggs, if they’ll be able to afford are-signing Davis in a couple seasons.

I guess that’s a problem for another day.

We won't know what the roster will look like then.

6 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Davis never should have lost playing time last season.

From what I remember,  he stated the season with an ankle injury that lingered on through the first 1/3 of the season. 

He was never listed on the injury report because he practiced in full but was reported a few times by Sal C.

19 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Let me start off by saying that I love Gabe Davis. I think he’s a good threat for our offense.

The article got me thinking though and I wonder what my fellow bills mafia thinks.

Do you think Gabe is up for the challenge of being a #2WR?

Or, was he a better suited for that #3 or #4 WR role where he just dominates? Having Cole and Emmanuel out on the field definitely didn’t hurt.

Thoughts?

Here’s the article if you want to read it.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-gabriel-davis-named-breakout-124416682.html

Davis was a true monster in the playoff game against the Chiefs but still think a lot of that had to do with all the attention shifted towards Diggs and Beasely as KC was pretty determined to take a page out of the Belichik playbook and erase both of them.

So I think Davis production this year will be center around whether or not he can take advantage of teams doing the same to Diggs (and know likely Knox) or if someone else emerges in this offense.

Deep down I fear not having another veteran WR could hurt this team but still plenty of time to address and options out there.

Gabriel Davis has the goods.  He just needs the reps.   He’ll get them now that Beasley and Sanders have moved on.  The great thing about him is he seems to excel in money games.  He saved the Bills in that Colts playoff game his rookie season.  

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Deep down I fear not having another veteran WR could hurt this team but still plenty of time to address and options out there.

Jamison Crowder is a veteran WR.  He’s good too.   However, the Bills have reached the point where it’s time to let Davis play.  It’s year three for him and he’s flashed great potential since his rookie season.   This year he will be unleashed on the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

16 hours ago, purple haze said:

Gabriel Davis has the goods.  He just needs the reps.   He’ll get them now that Beasley and Sanders have moved on.  The great thing about him is he seems to excel in money games.  He saved the Bills in that Colts playoff game his rookie season.  

So true. The dude shows up. He models his game after Larry Fitz and it shows.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/26/2022 at 11:01 PM, StHustle said:

#2??? The actual only question in my mind is can he become a #1b type player. Oh he DEFINITELY has what it takes to be a dominant #2...one of the best in the league

For sure. His hands are amazing. His awareness is off the charts, he consistently has those "toe drag swag" catches along the sideline. His route running is underrated. His 3rd TD vs KC was just a ridiculous route. Literally made the DB fall on his butt. 

And of course his size is great , especially in the red zone

Gabe definitely has legit #1 WR potential 

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/27/2022 at 3:03 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Did you forget that we added Crowder? How many veteran WR’s does the team need? Last year we had three in Diggs, Beasley and Sanders. But Sanders took snaps away from Davis. In the end I think we would have been better off with just Diggs and Beasley as the vets. This team doesn’t need more than two veteran WR’s.

Plus, recent trends have been for young receivers to produce right away in their first year. 

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Did you forget that we added Crowder? How many veteran WR’s does the team need? Last year we had three in Diggs, Beasley and Sanders. But Sanders took snaps away from Davis. In the end I think we would have been better off with just Diggs and Beasley as the vets. This team doesn’t need more than two veteran WR’s.

Plus, recent trends have been for young receivers to produce right away in their first year. 

I saw an article saying we could/should pick up OBJ for the later part of the season based on some perceived need for another veteran WR, but I don't know what he was smoking.  I'd put our top 3 of Diggs/Davis/Crowder against any in the league, and we might have the deepest WR room in the league (if a little slot heavy) when you add McKenzie and our 5th round steal to the mix.  Then you throw in Knox and Howard, our new pass catching RBs...

I mean I wouldn't be upset if we landed OBJ for a Super Bowl run, but I just don't see it as necessary.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.