Shady puts Bienemy on blast as to why he never gets hired as a Head Coach

Big Turk

If Bienemy hasn't landed a HC job by now, there's a non-racial reason for it. 

I respect McCoy for how he acquitted himself as a Bill. He left everything he had on the field and I suspect he did the same at his post Buffalo stops. McCoy wouldn't diss an African American coach for nothing.

• Agree 1

I think the reason KC has been successful is Andy Reid.  And, of course, Patrick Mahomes.  I don't know what Bienemy does, but it seems that he is in the right place to do whatever that is.  

We don't know what was discussed before Shady said those things.  What led to his mini-outburst of his truth.  However, the fact remains that Bienemy has yet to be hired elsewhere.

20 hours ago, Gugny said:

Not a great look for Shady.  Not doubting that he's telling the truth, though.

Yeah we can’t get away from the “everyone is racist” narrative. If he’s just a jerk, how are all those special interest groups going to feed their kids!

Think of the children!!

20 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

"he talks to them a certain way and some players would take it. I wouldn’t take it. “

wow---Bombshell!!!  lol.  That's it?  This is all he's got?

Such BS from a guy the Chiefs dumped to the curb in the playoffs.  He always about himself.

Who cares what this clown has to say at this point?

I care what he has to say and he is no "clown". 

Every year the why isnt Bienemy HC comes up and this is certainly a very plausible response.  It isnt the old NFL where the HC we a demigod.

19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's been a hood ornament SB winners for a couple of years. So what?  Reid humiliated him by not even dressing him for the final playoff game.  Arians wouldn't put him in the playoffs the next season either.

He's delusional regarding his value.

I have no info on him.  I assumed the obvious:  he doesn't get hired because every GM knows he doesn't run that Offense.  So why would they want him as HC?  And why would McCoy bring it up 2 years later? 

What did he divulge--that's his quote: "he talks to them in a certain way"...no elaboration nor has he since this comment blew up on twitter.

He's bitter, no other explanation makes sense for this outburst.

You know it is possible for him to be both bitter and telling the truth. As another poster said, we have all run into those people who are intelligent, but can’t read a room to save their life. People like this project different personas like quiet and passive, or aggressive and loud (like a bull in a china shop), really awkward, etc. We’ve all seen it from time to time. 

it’s very clear Bieniemy isn’t getting a job for more reasons than simply not being considered the architect of KC’s offense.  Think about the info about Bieniemy from the Chiefs world (the one that was redacted). Even though it was redacted, where there’s smoke there is fire, and Shady’s comment just adds more smoke (not proof, but info that it may be true). 

If he really is the type that has some sort of communication issue, I’m sure it’s obvious to the interviewers during the coach hiring process, and more often than not, those traits are going to hurt being in a head coach position. 

In the end, we don’t know. But Shady worked with him, interacted with him, so he is going to know better than any of us, and he alluded to Bieniemy having some sort of communication issue. We also know he hasn’t been able to land a head coaching job. At this point, it’s hard to discount that there might be to this than him simply working with Andy Reid as an O coordinator. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Every year the why isnt Bienemy HC comes up and this is certainly a very plausible response.  It isnt the old NFL where the HC we a demigod.

McCoy brought this up unprompted.  I's been two years and he drops this at the end of some radio show. 

Why do you care what he says?

29 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

You know it is possible for him to be both bitter and telling the truth. As another poster said, we have all run into those people who are intelligent, but can’t read a room to save their life. People like this project different personas like quiet and passive, or aggressive and loud (like a bull in a china shop), really awkward, etc. We’ve all seen it from time to time. 

it’s very clear Bieniemy isn’t getting a job for more reasons than simply not being considered the architect of KC’s offense.  Think about the info about Bieniemy from the Chiefs world (the one that was redacted). Even though it was redacted, where there’s smoke there is fire, and Shady’s comment just adds more smoke (not proof, but info that it may be true). 

If he really is the type that has some sort of communication issue, I’m sure it’s obvious to the interviewers during the coach hiring process, and more often than not, those traits are going to hurt being in a head coach position. 

In the end, we don’t know. But Shady worked with him, interacted with him, so he is going to know better than any of us, and he alluded to Bieniemy having some sort of communication issue. We also know he hasn’t been able to land a head coaching job. At this point, it’s hard to discount that there might be to this than him simply working with Andy Reid as an O coordinator. 

Let's recall what McCoy is claiming he knows for a fact--that Bienemy isn't getting hired because he talks poorly to some players.

How does he know why GM's/owners aren't hiring Bienemy?  Who told him this is the reason?  He should follow up his comment by telling us how he came to know this is why.

20 hours ago, wppete said:

They have been saying this about Bienamy for a long time. They say he is not a good person, just look at his arrest history, pretty disgusting. McCoy seems legit to me. 

Just read his arrest history, I had no idea (assuming Wikipedia is somewhat legit).  I would assert that alone might be enough for any team to not want him as HC.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

McCoy brought this up unprompted.  I's been two years and he drops this at the end of some radio show. 

Why do you care what he says?

Let's recall what McCoy is claiming he knows for a fact--that Bienemy isn't getting hired because he talks poorly to some players.

How does he know why GM's/owners aren't hiring Bienemy?  Who told him this is the reason?  He should follow up his comment by telling us how he came to know this is why.

It’s pretty obvious McCoy is speculating why based off of personal experience. In addition, would it be unreasonable to suspect he may have heard some information either first, second, or third hand about reasons a team or two didn’t hire him? Bienemy has interviewed a lot and McCoy’s been around the league enough to have many league wide contacts. 

I don’t know why you are on such a crusade here. It’s not without reason to assume McCoy might know a little bit more than any of us. That being the case, his comment can’t simply be dismissed by a reasonable person. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Tanoros said:

It’s pretty obvious McCoy is speculating why based off of personal experience. In addition, would it be unreasonable to suspect he may have heard some information either first, second, or third hand about reasons a team or two didn’t hire him? Bienemy has interviewed a lot and McCoy’s been around the league enough to have many league wide contacts. 

I don’t know why you are on such a crusade here. It’s not without reason to assume McCoy might know a little bit more than any of us. That being the case, his comment can’t simply be dismissed by a reasonable person. 

You haven't been here long, so...

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

Then he should say so.  He has not.  

I believe Bienemy is likely an a-hole.  But to drop this on a radio show with no other explanation...2 years after the Chiefs tabled him in the playoffs---it certainly seems odd he would feel compelled to bring this up.  And McCoy is about McCoy--that doesn't make him unique.

Coming from Colorado, and I follow the program closely, this doesn't surprise me at all. His last stint of actually calling plays was when he was the OC there. Their offense was terrible and very unorganized.

Many false start and alignment issues, the team lacked talent, but was also not well coached. They only lasted two years, he probably has leaned a lot since those years from Reid, but these comments are very similar to what was said at Colorado as well from a personality standpoint.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Just read his arrest history, I had no idea (assuming Wikipedia is somewhat legit).  I would assert that alone might be enough for any team to not want him as HC.

Very true. It’s actually worse than what Wikipedia is reporting. No team would hire this guy a s a Head Coach and face and spokesperson of the franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/26/2022 at 11:33 AM, Big Turk said:

Said it has to do with the type of coach he is and intimated he talks down to people and doesn't treat them respectfully.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lesean-mccoy-claims-knows-why-175714857.html

Or people just realize he has nothing much to do with an offense in which Patrick Mahomes is your QB and Reid is the real OC and brains behind the operation.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Udubalum07 said:

Coming from Colorado, and I follow the program closely, this doesn't surprise me at all. His last stint of actually calling plays was when he was the OC there. Their offense was terrible and very unorganized.

Many false start and alignment issues, the team lacked talent, but was also not well coached. They only lasted two years, he probably has leaned a lot since those years from Reid, but these comments are very similar to what was said at Colorado as well from a personality standpoint.

Didn’t he lose that position after a second DUI and a recruiting scandal?

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Very true. It’s actually worse than what Wikipedia is reporting. No team would hire this guy a s a Head Coach and face and spokesperson of the franchise. 

21 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Or people just realize he has nothing much to do with an offense in which Patrick Mahomes is your QB and Reid is the real OC and brains behind the operation.

Nope!  It's because he was mean to "Shady"...

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah McCoy is a swell guy except for the “party bus” incident, the fight with cops in a strip club and the not so coincidental ex-girl friend that wouldn’t get out of a house he owned in Atlanta getting beat up and robbed. Who among us hasn’t had those types of transgressions?

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.