Got my tickets for the SoFi opener…

eball

Got my tickets, bringing my HS son from pdx, OR.  I don't think I saw this on the thread...are there any tailgates that aren't $100/per person for some bbq.  I would love to take him to hang out with some fellow Bills fans that doesn't require an online ticket purchase.  Don't get me wrong, happy to contribute with my fellow Bills fans but a VIP BBQ seems a little much

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, nemhoff said:

Got my tickets, bringing my HS son from pdx, OR.  I don't think I saw this on the thread...are there any tailgates that aren't $100/per person for some bbq.  I would love to take him to hang out with some fellow Bills fans that doesn't require an online ticket purchase.  Don't get me wrong, happy to contribute with my fellow Bills fans but a VIP BBQ seems a little much

I believe I read where that includes parking and ~10 minute walk to stadium. Parking is expensive at stadium or nearby lots.

On 7/11/2022 at 6:38 PM, nemhoff said:

C'mon, man, live a little!  This is the NFL opener!

Here is what is crazy...

Ive been looking at tickets for the Rams game because a suite invite we got back in May is looking like its gonna fall through with couple that was getting now looking like they wont be in town.  I live 6 miles from SoFi here in CA.  

For the price of 2 decent tickets, I can instead buy flights, hotel, and better tickets in Buffalo to watch the Monday night game in Buffalo week 2 than just go to the game at SoFi.  Its freaking nuts.  

So started looking for tickets again, and its crazy.  I know a lot of people who normally I could get tickets from, but they are either going or just can sell for too much money right now, which I dont blame them either way.  Anyone I know who has decent to good seats is able to sell them for $900 to $2000 a ticket.  Its like this is a playoff ticket or something, its absurd.  

Affordable tickets are the high nose bleed seats where I will spend most the time watching the jumbo tron while I eat crappy over priced food and drink $18 beers.  If I am gonna just watch a game on a screen, I might as well do it at home on my 85" Sony and beach party all day with friends and BBQ up some bomb food and drink what I want.  Then instead, fly to Buffalo for the Monday night game and have way more fun.    

Never would I have ever thought in a million years I would consider skipping a Bills game in my own backyard...but at these prices, I think I would rather go to Buffalo for another game with better seats and for less money and better tailgate.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is what is crazy...

Ive been looking at tickets for the Rams game because a suite invite we got back in May is looking like its gonna fall through with couple that was getting now looking like they wont be in town.  I live 6 miles from SoFi here in CA.  

For the price of 2 decent tickets, I can instead buy flights, hotel, and better tickets in Buffalo to watch the Monday night game in Buffalo week 2 than just go to the game at SoFi.  Its freaking nuts.  

So started looking for tickets again, and its crazy.  I know a lot of people who normally I could get tickets from, but they are either going or just can sell for too much money right now, which I dont blame them either way.  Anyone I know who has decent to good seats is able to sell them for $900 to $2000 a ticket.  Its like this is a playoff ticket or something, its absurd.  

Affordable tickets are the high nose bleed seats where I will spend most the time watching the jumbo tron while I eat crappy over priced food and drink $18 beers.  If I am gonna just watch a game on a screen, I might as well do it at home on my 85" Sony and beach party all day with friends and BBQ up some bomb food and drink what I want.  Then instead, fly to Buffalo for the Monday night game and have way more fun.    

Never would I have ever thought in a million years I would consider skipping a Bills game in my own backyard...but at these prices, I think I would rather go to Buffalo for another game with better seats and for less money and better tailgate.

I love you. I really love you. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is what is crazy...

I'm in the same boat. Because SoFi is such an incredibly over the top stadium,  everything is 10x more than it should be.  Watching the game in Laughlin with family and flying out to Buffalo later in the season. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm not positive but it seems prices have gone up since a couple months ago when tickets first came out for this game.

We live a couple hours away and we were going to bring a lot of family and friends but with the price of tickets, we've settled for the 500 section and it will instead just be myself and two brothers. Tickets are way overpriced for this game. Wonder if they will come down a couple days before the game?

16 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm not positive but it seems prices have gone up since a couple months ago when tickets first came out for this game.

We live a couple hours away and we were going to bring a lot of family and friends but with the price of tickets, we've settled for the 500 section and it will instead just be myself and two brothers. Tickets are way overpriced for this game. Wonder if they will come down a couple days before the game?

They’ll come down 💯 imo

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is what is crazy...

I hear ya…what does it for me is the fact this is THE opener, and a chance to see SoFi and hang out in Marina del Rey for a few days.  I used points to book the hotel and the game is amazingly free (suite).  I’ll be doing the at home thing the following week, putting up my 120” screen in the backyard and inviting friends over for the Monday nighter.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

So my wife pointed out to me that the game in Miami is super cheap!  Airfare and hotel is like $500 a person from LA non stop and great seats are like $180 a ticket.  So we can get great seats and cover all travel with direct flights on Jet Blue for about $750 a person to go to the Miami game in Miami.  

We have never been to Miami, so we are thinking of hitting that game as well.  We can do a game in Buffalo and a game in Miami, both with good seats, for cheaper than one Rams game with similar good seats that’s in our own backyard at SoFi.  And I’m talking we can do both games combined…including tickets, flights, hotel for less than equivalent tickets would be at SoFi. 

The kind of good tickets we can get from $200-400 in Miami and Buffalo respectively would be over $2000 a ticket at SoFi.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So my wife pointed out to me that the game in Miami is super cheap!  Airfare and hotel is like $500 a person from LA non stop and great seats are like $180 a ticket.  So we can get great seats and cover all travel with direct flights on Jet Blue for about $750 a person to go to the Miami game in Miami.  

We have never been to Miami, so we are thinking of hitting that game as well.  We can do a game in Buffalo and a game in Miami, both with good seats, for cheaper than one Rams game with similar good seats that’s in our own backyard at SoFi.  And I’m talking we can do both games combined…including tickets, flights, hotel for less than equivalent tickets would be at SoFi. 

The kind of good tickets we can get from $200-400 in Miami and Buffalo respectively would be over $2000 a ticket at SoFi.  

I was just looking at the Miami game. The heat might be terrible still and Idk if I can do all these flights that close together. The coast to coast flights kill me. I need like a month to get my body back right after them. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We'll be at the Miami game also.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sounds like a no brainer. I'd never drop $2,000 on one game. Only way that would be a remote possibility would be if I had a chance to watch the game from the sideline. Even then probably not as I prefer to be at least 20 rows up or so to have better perspective of the action. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.